SPIKE DECLINES IMPACT; WWE NETWORK SUBS, BIG WWE CANADA NEWS

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

SPIKE DECLINES IMPACT; WWE NETWORK SUBS, BIG WWE CANADA NEWS

Post by supersonic »

Per Meltzer in his update today:
--I hate to say this, but there are a lot of things going around that indicate this coming week will be one of the biggest news weeks of the year. The first two may not be done deals yet. Story No. 3 is a lock and will happen, which is Thursday's announcement of the WWE network number.
While not mentioning or referring to ROH specifically, this could have major trickle-down effects on the rest of the industry. We are days aware from being informed of WWE's Network subscription numbers, and TNA's future, not just its TV deal, is still up in the air until we get the official news.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/27/impact-wr ... ke-tv-tna/

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top- ... y-spike-tv

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ ... s-24786713

http://www.wwe.com/inside/rogers-commun ... t-26531352
Last edited by supersonic on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
jordidebaas

Re: Potential game-changing week for the business coming up

Post by jordidebaas »

The first two may not be done deals yet
What's he referring to?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

TNA TV deal is one I think
y2jbrock

Post by y2jbrock »

Sounds exciting but I hope its REAL BIG news and not some bullshit little news stories.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Well the WWE networks numbers are very important, because that is the way the business is going, and the TNA spike TV deal is basically what the company is these days. They lose that, they're done. So I'd say it's pretty important yeah.
y2jbrock

Post by y2jbrock »

Yes I know the wwe network number is gonna be a big deal, but I hope the other stories he's talking about are equally as important. I hope it is the announcement on the tna spike deal, because that's something we've all been waiting to hear about. The way he said news worthy or whatever sounds like spike tv has dropped tna. Because is it really news worthy for spike to keep tna? Well it isn't as much a news story as it is if they are dropped. THAT will have an effect on the business I think.

And maybe he's referring to GFW and a possible tv deal announcement? Can't wait to see what all the news is. :D
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I don't think It'll directly effect ROH any big changes to WWE or TNA will effect ROH to some degree. That said, not worried about it as an ROH fan.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

y2jbrock wrote:Sounds exciting but I hope its REAL BIG news and not some bullshit little news stories.
What would be a bullshit little news story?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
y2jbrock

Post by y2jbrock »

Uhh let's see. John cena is filming another movie. Or the rock is confirmed for mania. ETC lol
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

Jim Ross claims there are rumors that ROH is for sale.

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/saturday-b ... ocks-sting
y2jbrock

Post by y2jbrock »

Wow that's pretty big if its true. If another tv company buys it,let's hope its one that's more national and wide spread, so everyone can see the ROH show. If wwe were smart they'd buy it and use it as a second developmental territory, with its own tv and shows. Jr also talked about how roh and tna would benefit from working together, I kind of agree with that but you never know how the diehards would feel about that, they might turn their back on roh. I for one wouldn't.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

y2jbrock wrote: If wwe were smart they'd buy it and use it as a second developmental territory, with its own tv and shows.
I think you're on the wrong forum.
y2jbrock

Post by y2jbrock »

Lol how so? If they left it alone with its own booking it would be the same as it is now, a company that builds great stars that WWE signs from time to time. What would really change? I like ROH by the way so don't take it like I want it to change.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I'm really extrapolating here...but here's a crazy scenario:

What if, as rumored, Spike gave TNA an ultimatum to sell them the company or be cancelled...and ends the deal

AND

What if, as I've only heard JR mention, ROH is indeed for sale...

It would make sense for Spike to be a potential buyer. There's no indication that they don't want wrestling content on their network. With Bellator MMA (which Spike does own), they seem to like crossover promotion. They have likely seen ROH's positive momentum this year.

This is all wild speculation, but piecing a few rumors together it wouldn't be impossible.
y2jbrock

Post by y2jbrock »

OR what if tna and roh merge for a new show on spike tv? I did hear that court mentioned something about new york and he winked or something, so who knows? Or maybe both companies will do a big angle.
Torontogirl78

Post by Torontogirl78 »

Supposedly spike isn't renewing TNA'S TV contract and that if TNA doesn't find another tv deal soon the show will be cancelled.
Torontogirl78

Post by Torontogirl78 »

Source is wrestle zone, don't know how reliable the website is, but TNA not being renewed by Spike isn't shocking at all and will most likely happen.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

y2jbrock wrote:Lol how so? If they left it alone with its own booking it would be the same as it is now, a company that builds great stars that WWE signs from time to time. What would really change? I like ROH by the way so don't take it like I want it to change.
WWE already has NXT, they don't need to buy ROH. And If they really wanted someone from ROH they'd just sign them up for much less money.
y2jbrock

Post by y2jbrock »

Yes but they could use another system instead of everyone being trained and molded the same. They could use another territory for some variety.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

y2jbrock wrote:Yes but they could use another system instead of everyone being trained and molded the same. They could use another territory for some variety.
I'd much rather them buy NOAH.