ROH's Southern Expansion?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chris Xtreme

ROH's Southern Expansion?

Post by Chris Xtreme »

What do you think of ROH's Southern Expansion. I personally think they are expanding too fast. They should let the TV run for awhile before they heavily add the southern markets. I could see adding a few. But hopefully ROH will be able to grow this markets in profittable places for them to tour.
icyhot

Re: ROH's Southern Expansion?

Post by icyhot »

It makes perfect sense for them to run shows in as many of the Sinclair markets as possible. Are they moving too fast? Maybe, or maybe not. Attendance for Spartanburg, Greensboro, and Norfolk should give us a pretty good idea.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

I do feel it's too soon, personally. And while they're doing it, they are ignoring their second biggest market, Toronto, which actually does have TV, and didn't announce a return date for Chicago Ridge.

They have stupid, unrealistic goals and are just running TV markets at random, but the Carolinas are their most prolific TV market. So in that sense, I don't blame them. What I do fear is that neither Spartanburg or Greensboro will do well this first go round, which may scare them off in what may be good markets for them in the future. Neither show will do what Charlotte did in July, which speaks volume.

Largely, I won't complain though. I'm based in the heart of the south and welcome all shows in this area.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I am a bit worried that they'll forget the markets that have made ROH so successful. I full agree with the expansion but I think it should be done steadily rather than forcing into markets that will flop.

It's a tough decision but obviously SBG think it makes good business sense and I guess only time will tell.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Charlotte had become a great market but it doesn't have TV. The real problem with running Spartanburg, which is roughly an hour and a half south, and Greensboro, which is over an hour and a half north, is they will split the Charlotte fan base. Maybe some people will go to both shows (if I lived closer to Charlotte I probably would), and maybe they will pick up more fans from the TV. We wouldn't really know until after the weekend and we see what the attendance was.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
Eating little kids

Post by Eating little kids »

Does anyone know if there going to tape these Carolina shows for dvd?
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Eating little kids wrote:Does anyone know if there going to tape these Carolina shows for dvd?
Although they haven't come out and said they will, I'd be very, very shocked if they weren't.
Eating little kids

Post by Eating little kids »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:
Eating little kids wrote:Does anyone know if there going to tape these Carolina shows for dvd?
Although they haven't come out and said they will, I'd be very, very shocked if they weren't.

I hope so. The South Carolina show looks awesome! NC is looking good to but they need to add more matches
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

I wouldn't consider the expansion fast but I wish there was a voice informing us as to how we should expect scheduling to shake out.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

my worry is that they are booking all these venues that are way too big(and expensive,im sure). then someday soon TPTB will say ROH costs to much to run when its crappy decisions to spend too much and not run proven areas(like Toronto) that will have hurt them.