ROH Done Running the Manhattan Center

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
stay gold

Re: ROH Done Running the Manhattan Center

Post by stay gold »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:How is Terminal 5 by the way? Is it a relatively new venue?
It's been around since 2006 or 2007 from what I recall. I go there a lot because I'm super passionate about live music, and T5 is where a lot of the buzzworthy acts that are too big for the smaller clubs, but not big enough for arenas go to perform.

I'm not crazy about going to Terminal 5, due to the sound, and set up (hard to see unless you're in the front of the pit or at a prime spot in the balcony), terrible and incompetent staff, exiting the club is a nightmare (you'll feel like cattle). But I've had a lot of great nights there (Refused reunion, Morrissey, Disclosure, Janelle Monae, etc, etc). There are much better places to see live music in NYC. But, I'd imagine sound won't be an issue for wrestling though. And FB very well could be a hit there.

I am however concerned about how they're going to organize balcony ticketing.
MattMinus

Post by MattMinus »

stay gold wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:How is Terminal 5 by the way? Is it a relatively new venue?
It's been around since 2006 or 2007 from what I recall. I go there a lot because I'm super passionate about live music, and T5 is where a lot of the buzzworthy acts that are too big for the smaller clubs, but not big enough for arenas go to perform.

I'm not crazy about going to Terminal 5, due to the sound, and set up (hard to see unless you're in the front of the pit or at a prime spot in the balcony), terrible and incompetent staff, exiting the club is a nightmare (you'll feel like cattle). But I've had a lot of great nights there (Refused reunion, Morrissey, Disclosure, Janelle Monae, etc, etc). There are much better places to see live music in NYC. But, I'd imagine sound won't be an issue for wrestling though. And FB very well could be a hit there.

I am however concerned about how they're going to organize balcony ticketing.
I assume they have a bar to help fuel the traditional NYC fan "bad behavior" :twisted:

One thing I loved about the Hammerstein was that I could drink whiskey at a rasslin' show.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

Terminal 5 has about 4 or 5 bars set up throughout the building, so whiskey should be absolutely no problem for you. Just a tad on the expensive side. It is a NYC club after all :)
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

I have admittedly never been to the venue and I'm going off images available online, and while I do feel that this venue has a great look to it and should come off well on camera, in comparison to the Manhattan Center (unless they put the ring on the stage and pack in the floor- which I doubt) it looks as if the seating capacity will be much closer to that of the Grand Ballroom than it would be the Hammerstein. I'm very skeptical that there would be a set up that could even reach 1,500.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

Terminal 5 has WAY more capacity than the Grand Ballroom, dude. Granted, T5 is usually standing room only, so the seating arrangement on the floor for this will affect the capacity, but it still does not compare to Grand Ballroom in size. This place is a lot bigger. I do think the main floor area of T5 is a little narrow, but the ROH ring is not that big.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

MAXAKASINNER wrote:How many people do you reckon NYWC get? Mikey Whipwreck owns the NYWC Sportatorium and is a ROH Alumni *Wink*

Not sure if this is a joke but I'd assume you mean Mikey pays to rent the place which seats maybe 200 and is part of an industrial complex.