Official Best In The World 2014 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

Re: Official Best In The World 2014 Thread

Post by fm20000 »

AndyDiaz wrote:Who do you think its going to pin who in the Tag Title Match? I feel Kazarian's the pin but not sure who would get more out of it.
honestly wouldn't mind bad influence winning or a 30 minute draw or something
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I wouldn't mind Bad Influence winning if the Hooligans, Wolves, and Young Bucks hadn't all had short and rather pointless tag title runs in the past 12 months.

I actually wonder if there's a slim chance the Briscoes win the belts at the 6/7 show. Then at the PPV you could have Briscoes vs Hardy/Bennett for the tag titles and a Bad Influence vs reDRagon match that could go either way.

But again, too many tag title changes.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw where they said it would be Briscoes vs Daniels/Kazarian at the PPV then. That's not happening.
Last edited by Burnside on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

They've said Bad Influence are facing whoever wins the title match at 6/7, so that's out.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Burnside wrote:I wouldn't mind Bad Influence winning if the Hooligans, Wolves, and Young Bucks hadn't all had short and rather pointless tag title runs in the past 12 months.

I actually wonder if there's a slim chance the Briscoes win the belts at the 6/7 show. Then at the PPV you could have Briscoes vs Hardy/Bennett for the tag titles and a Bad Influence vs reDRagon match that could go either way.

Maybe if they had advertised this as reDRagon vs Bad Influence for the tag titles, but they clearly said Bad Influence get a title shot regardless of who wins. I'm still thinking they're going to do the threeway with War Machine though
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

jordidebaas wrote: I'm still thinking they're going to do the threeway with War Machine though
God, I hope not. I don't think they'll do that. On paper, this is the best match on the show and I doubt they'll want to bring it down.
Last edited by Burnside on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Marketh. wrote:
jordidebaas wrote:
ROH Wrestling ‏@ringofhonor 8 min
BIG #BITW14 MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY @ NOON on http://ROHWRESTLING.com !!
Clearly that War Machine/reDRagon match we've all been clamouring for.

I actually like War Machine. I'm also probably one of the 10 people that actually do. :cry: But they do need more time to gel before getting near the belts, if ever.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

jordidebaas wrote:
Burnside wrote:I wouldn't mind Bad Influence winning if the Hooligans, Wolves, and Young Bucks hadn't all had short and rather pointless tag title runs in the past 12 months.

Maybe if they had advertised this as reDRagon vs Bad Influence for the tag titles, but they clearly said Bad Influence get a title shot regardless of who wins. I'm still thinking they're going to do the threeway with War Machine though

Then why has the graphic for the two-on-two match been already made?

And I too am a big fan of War Machine. But this is the one dream match they have for this card, so don't dilute it.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Yeah, the graphic wouldn't really fit in there, and I would prefer them not being in the match, but it seems the logical thing to do after what happened recently on TV, plus I don't see where else on the card they would fit. It would also allow Bad Influence to lose without being pinned so they don't lose any momentum and keep the feud going. I could see them winning the titles at Field of Honor or DBD weekend, and then enter a feud with the Decade
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Ya know, there's always the chance that War Machine faces a local tag team in the opener, or even Brutal Burgers in the opener.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I think Hanson & Rowe was the direction before they signed Daniels and Kazarian...remember that this TV was taped in mid April and I would guess the deal with those guys wasn't done at that point. Credit to Delirious for changing direction. I was worried they'd save the reDRagon match for later and have BI face the Decade or something at this show. A three way here would be a terrible idea and I have to believe they'll steer clear of that.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Based on who's left, I'm guessing we'll get Tommaso Ciampa vs. ACH and War Machine vs. BJ Whitmer & one of the young boys (TaDarius Thomas or Adam Page). Cheeseburger could be on the pre-show (and I'm assuming their will be one if it's going to be on iPPV as well).
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Ciampa not being in the TV title match makes the rest of the card hard to figure out.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote:Ciampa not being in the TV title match makes the rest of the card hard to figure out.
Not really. War Machine will likely be in tag team action. That means the 8th Match will probably involve Ciampa in either a singles match or a Four Corner Survival if they have more guys available.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Why would ACH be wrestling Tommaso? Would make sense if ACH teamed with Caprice Coleman against Whitmer and a young boy (probably TaDarius) but then Tommaso would still be left without an opponent and War Machine would still be out. Maybe one half of War Machine vs. Ciampa?
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

dhads7161 wrote:Why would ACH be wrestling Tommaso?
For guaranteed awesomeness.
Last Real Man Hype
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

fm20000 wrote:
AndyDiaz wrote:Who do you think its going to pin who in the Tag Title Match? I feel Kazarian's the pin but not sure who would get more out of it.
honestly wouldn't mind bad influence winning or a 30 minute draw or something
I thought tag title matches have 45 minute time limits.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I'm hoping Bad Influence wins the titles here, Red Dragon is awesome but they're getting stale as champs. That doesn't mean it's time for Red Dragon to break up, as some have suggested.. the tag division needs some rebuilding first.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Burnside wrote:Ciampa not being in the TV title match makes the rest of the card hard to figure out.
Not really. War Machine will likely be in tag team action. That means the 8th Match will probably involve Ciampa in either a singles match or a Four Corner Survival if they have more guys available.
So you're saying there will be some matches? Thanks for clearing that up.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

What happened to Mike Mondo?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

dhads7161 wrote:What happened to Mike Mondo?
In 2011 he was an awesome undercard heel.

By late summer 2012 he was one of the worst midcard babyfaces anybody has ever seen.

He had a leg injury in fall 2012 that put him on the shelf for a few months. His promos were worse than ever when he came back.

In early spring 2013 ROH suspended (meaning: stopped booking) him for a while after he showed up to teach at one of their training camps "in no condition to perform".

He came back briefly in late summer 2013 minus his hair and any discernible personality or gimmick. Hasn't been used by ROH since; still active on the indy scene.