What do you want to see from ROH in 2014/15?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Orange

Re: What do you want to see from ROH in 2014/15?

Post by Mr. Orange »

-A more up to date TV Show

-Newer talent(Ethan Page and Biff Busick are must signs in my opinion). I think Busick, Ethan Page, Josh Alexander, Chris Dickinson, Trent Baretta, and Brian Cage should all be signed if possible.

-Running venues that look better on TV should also be a priority. The national guard armory should be done with and they should either return to the ECW arena which is all new and reopened or run in the Trocadaro where Chikara did a few shows. They've gotten better at running nicer places but some places just look awful.

-Keep expanding into new markets which they have been great with the past year. I think Houston, Atlanta, Boston and Indianapolis would be great. I also think California would be great.

-Me personally I'm not a fan of Corino and Kelly so I would get different announcers but some people like them so I understand keeping them.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

- More NJPW collaboration

- Big push for Kyle O'Reilly

- Improve the value of the Ringside Membership (VOD section hasn't been updated in over a year)

- Although I really don't think the TV PPVs are going to work out financially, I certainly wish them all the best with those.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

- As far as bringing in new talents goes (from a realistic standpoint), I think Ethan Page & Tim Donst are two guys they should sign ASAP. The good news is that Page is already booked for the Road To "Best In The World" Shows and Michael Elgin is a huge supporter of his so I expect he'll be on the roster by the end of the year. Now they just need to get Donst on more shows. Others talents I would consider (again, realistically) are Josh Alexander, Trevor Lee and Shane Hollister. Plus you can throw Brian Cage in there as well (depending on how often they can bring him in).

- They've already been expanding into more markets, which is always good news. Now they should try to run shows in these new markets. A return to Florida (where they have several markets) has already been announced, which is good. There a few markets they have where they could conceivably run shows, such as California (Bakersfield & Fresno), Charleston (South Carolina), Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Harrisburg, Albany (NY), and Portland, Oregon (I know a lot of those are on the West Coast but it's worth trying).

- I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet or how realistic this is, but they need to try & get TV Markets in places they're already running. It would be an IMMENSE help if ROH Television aired in places like New York City, Philadelphia & Chicago.

- This is a pretty obvious one, but continue the relationship with New Japan.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Josh Alexander, Trevor Lee, Shane Hollister and Ethan Page...fuck yes.

They really can't do anything about getting TV in big cities like that because there's no channels for them to buy in those areas. They've addressed that already, as much as it sucks it doesn't seem like they want to just put their show on a channel, they want to own the channel.

Biggest thing for me is learning how to fucking mic the crowd. The NYC crowd was the hottest crowd I've ever been in. I've been to roughly 20 shows in NYC. Yet the biggest complains about the show was that the crowd was dead. Learn how to fucking mic a crowd.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHFan25 wrote: Biggest thing for me is learning how to fucking mic the crowd. The NYC crowd was the hottest crowd I've ever been in. I've been to roughly 20 shows in NYC. Yet the biggest complains about the show was that the crowd was dead. Learn how to fucking mic a crowd.
Even Kevin Steen brought it up in his Weekend Escapades. He said the crowd was super loud.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Wait, people thought that crowd was dead? I watched the replay and it sounded awesome for most of the night.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

It was an acoustics issue which Bauer has said they're fixing for Best In The World. Less than 300 tickets left for Nashville and they were hot in January so I'd expect the same next month, hopefully it translates well to TV because It'd be a big help to get over how great an ROH crowd is noise wise when a lot of new fans will be tuning in.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Keep on the same trajectory they're on right now.

As far as the NYC crowd noise, I thought they were really quiet but figured it was screwed up mic levels again. During the first match the mat noise was really loud. Then they brought that noise down to a good level but the crowd got quiet too.
I'd honestly rather have the opposite like you see on a lot of the dvds where it's hard to hear the commentary because the crowd is too loud. Then it's easy to just block out Corino and Kelly's babbling.
SamoaNOAH

Post by SamoaNOAH »

Big one for me ... get back to Boston. It's been years.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Buy 3 get 2 free sales. Like seriously. the best ROH wrestling dvd sale ever.

They should also start adding more backstage promos on their house card dvds. I watched Pursuit night 1 and 2 and they both had zero backstage promos. It helps the flow of the show.