What do you want to see from ROH in 2014/15?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ADouble

What do you want to see from ROH in 2014/15?

Post by ADouble »

There's been so much growth in late 2013 and early 2014 from the company. There seems to be a genuine attempt to grow the business past what its been for the longest time. With new concepts and new additions to the roster, there's more buzz about ROH than there has been in years. What else would you like to see from Ring of Honor for 2014 and into 2015 to grow the product? Would you like to see more added to the roster? Better production? Court Bauer says these things are imminent, as well as a name for the TV show to distinguish it from the PPVs.
Robareid

Re: What do you want to see from ROH in 2014/15?

Post by Robareid »

An improvement in production values, which seems to be in the works.

London coming back, and Bad Influence being used regularly.

Elgin get a title run.

A continuation of the NJPW relationship.

Getting the TV show in the UK would be great too, not because it would benefit me, I'm fine with watching it online, but because it'd really help grow the product. Look how big TNA has gotten over here, and their product is pretty bad, but because they're the only wrestling on free TV, they have a big following. They're not even on a big channel, they're on a pretty obscure one.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

No more "exclusivity" contracts.

Burying the hatchet with Dragon Gate, and more importantly for the viewers, doing business with each other again.
SamoaNOAH

Post by SamoaNOAH »

supersonic wrote:No more "exclusivity" contracts.

Burying the hatchet with Dragon Gate, and more importantly for the viewers, doing business with each other again.
Please Jesus. WWE has the entire market, and the best talent is already in NXT. Stars like Gargano and Ricochet absolutely have to wrestle guys like Cole and O'Reilly and Elgin in an ROH ring. Can't we all get along (like PWG)??? The industry is tough enough without BS grudges. Do what's right.
Tim

Post by Tim »

I'd love to see Gulak, Busick, Trevor Lee get booked, as well as Country Jacked.

I agree about the DGUSA feud, it's fucking stupid.

I'd love to see more guys from New Japan brought in like Ishii and Hirooki Goto, as well as guys getting shots in Japan.

I'd like to see O'Reilly go singles and become a main eventer.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

keep up the tremendous booking of the last few months
continue the relationship with NJPW, maybe getting one of their top stars for the major shows regularly
Ishii in ROH
Tanahashi and Okada working a big singles match in ROH
perfect streams
sign Ethan Page, Josh Alexander and Biff Busick to contracts
O'Reilly becoming a main eventer
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Considering Gabe apparently made Evolve with the sole purpose of taking down ROH I think you're asking the wrong party to bury the hatchet
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

ROH has to have talent under contract. If they don't it would be a revolving door of talent. Also I don't think ROH or Sinclair have a grudge against Gabe . I sure most of the Sinclair people don't know who Gabe is , he really not that important . If anyone has a grudge it is Gabe. After all he was fired from the company he co - founded . It is Gabe who is keeping the Evolve/ DGUSA talent out of ROH . ROH has not tried to stop Roderick Strong from working Gabe 's and Sal's shows.

I would like to see ROH run a fulltime schedule . They run TV in over 70 markets. They should run shows every weekend.

I would like to see more young talent signed by the company. Ethan Page , Josh Alexander , Biff Busick , Trevor Lee, Tim Donst, Mike Rollins , Matt Cage , Christian Rose, Shane Hollister are the first names that come to mind.

I would like to see a few DGUSA talents on the shows. Chuck Taylor , Johnny Gargano , Ricochet , Trent Barrett , Tony Nese , AR Fox are on the top of my list.

I would like to see the former TNA talent bought in for big shows. AJ Styles , Chris Sabin , Christopher Daniels and Kazarian should be bought in for the big shows. ROH needs to balance out the use older stars and new talent.

I would like for Silas Young , Raymond Rowe and Hanson to get pushed in 2015 , These guys have more than paid their dues.
I would like for ROH to get a cable TV deal , while keeping their own network on free TV. The Crocketts did it in the 80's and it works.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

YimYac wrote:

Considering Gabe apparently made Evolve with the sole purpose of taking down ROH I think you're asking the wrong party to bury the hatchet

You are right on the money. Gabe and Sal want to break away from Cary. If they had their way Cary would have been leave with an empty ring.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I'm perfectly happy with the way stuff is now. Obviously, I'd like some things here and there to be fixed, small things mostly.

I think if they ever plug a "big" or "major" announcement again in the future, it has to be a bigger TV deal. Sinclair are an extremely wealthy company and whether they do or don't like to spend mountains of money is irrelevant when it comes to their business ventures. Court Bauer said it perfectly a couple months ago on an MLW podcast, SBG don't have a baseball team or a football team or hotels or own some little company's or even large investments in anything, but ROH. That's their investment and their goal should be for it to be as successful as it can be. If that someday means them allowing ROH to leave their stations - if it even has to come to that, not like they can't agree a deal to keep the show on their channels - then so be it, it's the final step to ROH really being "there".
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

YimYac wrote:

Pretty much.
Memphis Mark wrote:ROH has to have talent under contract. If they don't it would be a revolving door of talent. Also I don't think ROH or Sinclair have a grudge against Gabe . I sure most of the Sinclair people don't know who Gabe is , he really not that important . If anyone has a grudge it is Gabe. After all he was fired from the company he co - founded . It is Gabe who is keeping the Evolve/ DGUSA talent out of ROH . ROH has not tried to stop Roderick Strong from working Gabe 's and Sal's shows.
He also has a tendency to no longer book guys if they start wrestling for ROH. Happened to Andrew Everett. Wouldn't be surprised if he stops booking Ethan Page & Tim Donst if they start to get used by ROH more.

I also agree with what The Dragon Saga said. I'm happy with the product right now for the most part, but their are still things they need to do and/or fix. Obviously the New Japan deal is going to continue so hopefully we'll see more New Japan Talent appear in ROH and vice versa.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Split O'Reilly from Fish and push him to the moon.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

What I'm asking for goes beyond Sal and Gabe's shitty rinky dink federations. I want whoever is in charge of Dragon Gate, and whoever is in charge of Ring of Honor, to work out whatever issues they've had since 2008. This not only leads to great opportunities for talent exchanges between ROH and the #2 puro promotion, but also for some NJPW vs. DG matches in an ROH ring, similar to Morishima vs. Shingo many years ago.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I might be the only one who if reDRagon split, hopes for Bobby Fish to become ROH World Champion before Kyle O'Reilly. Not saying I don't like O'Reilly, I do, he's awesome, but Fish is still my preferred half of reDRagon.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Fish would be a tremendous surprise and has a more marketable look to him. Not a bad idea at all.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

- good in ring work

- guys/girls working hard

- good characters/angles
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:Fish would be a tremendous surprise and has a more marketable look to him. Not a bad idea at all.
Plus Fish has an epic mustache.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Roster needs to be streamlined so we get development for everyone on every television show. DVD shows should not be airing on television and perhaps a consistent schedule for the tapings in a venue like the Cincinnati venue.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I'd like to see them keep the TV show a bit more up to date.
For example, the Baltimore tapings started airing a month after they were taped, and that makes it feel very out of sync.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Yeah, getting new content on TV every week would be good. Shows like Supercard shouldn't be on TV. I'm fine with shows like Wrestling's Finest and Second to None going on, as they're basically just TV tapings, and it's fine as long as they don't release them on VOD, at least until after all the TV has aired. But I'm not a fan of having episodes dedicated to highlighting big shows and giving away some of their big matches.