Official Road To "Best In The World" Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHFan25

Re: Official Road To "Best In The World" Thread

Post by ROHFan25 »

The seating would depend on logistics. If you can find a couple of 2 that are sitting next to your seats, I don't see why they wouldn't change seats with you. If there's a group of like 5 surrounding you guys, they probably won't want to be split up. No clue about the seating chart.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

ROH can still grow with Elgin as champ. Just don't have him do a ton of media appearances and promotion. Let the TV champ and Tag Team Champs do those. Lethal, reDRagon, or alternately a few other guys on the roster who are decent names and good with interviews (Bad Influence, Styles, Bennett, Maria, Steen, Cole) do that promotional part to get fans in the door.
Then, they'll watch the show and see Elgin represent the wrestling match quality aspect of ROH, which is ultimately what will get them to stick around and get future shows much more than anything else will.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

They need to make sure when using footage of Elgin for hype stuff and promotional use that he's got some decent soundbites to work with, rather than the "NEW...NUMBER...ONE...CONTENDER!" crap.

Fair enough he's not a natural speaker, but come on Lizard Man. Throw him a few good lines please!
Last Real Man Hype
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:ROH can still grow with Elgin as champ. Just don't have him do a ton of media appearances and promotion. Let the TV champ and Tag Team Champs do those. Lethal, reDRagon, or alternately a few other guys on the roster who are decent names and good with interviews (Bad Influence, Styles, Bennett, Maria, Steen, Cole) do that promotional part to get fans in the door.
Steen has said he hates doing interviews which is why he stopped doing podcasts. He doesn't promote anything other than stuff via Twitter. Elgin might not have the personality to hold a great interview like Steen does, but Steen doesn't have the interest to do an interview to promote shit. Elgin is the lesser of two evils there.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

These days they send Mandy Leon to promote some events, sometimes with Adam Cole or Larry Legend.
ImageImage
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Ticket sales aren't going very good for these shows, Collinsville has over 400 left, including 2nd row, and carbondale has close to 300, and even over 15 1st row seats
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Hopefully walk-up sales will be good. They're college towns, so it's possible. Then again, summer just started...
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wonder why they're not selling well, the local TV stations are promoting the heck out of the Carbondale show. I guess not a lot of people #WatchROH in the Southern Illinois, Western Kentucky, Southeast Missouri Area. Where did you get the number at and how many are sold right now? With 300 and 400 left they can't have sold much.
The Dragon Saga

Just to point out, they didn't sell well on advanced tickets for Dayton either but that show was standing room only, and just barely. If they sell half the ticket allocation for each show they'll still draw good crowds, because there is always a couple hundred walk ins. And you can get how many tickets they sell by trying to buy tickets on the website, just keep entering higher numbers until it says, "the number of items you request are out of stock".
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

TYFDK wrote:Hopefully walk-up sales will be good. They're college towns, so it's possible. Then again, summer just started...
Carbondale is a college town, That where Southern Illinois U is located . Collinsville is the Saint Louis market , right across the river in what the locals call the Metro East .
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I wonder if they'll use the matches on these two shows for TV since there isn't a TV taping scheduled until October. You can get three weeks from each show.
The Dragon Saga

dhads7161 wrote:I wonder if they'll use the matches on these two shows for TV since there isn't a TV taping scheduled until October. You can get three weeks from each show.
That's what they're going doing, yes, hence "Road to..." Best In The World, they'll probably gut each show to build to BITW and the upload both shows on VOD like they usually do unedited or containing everything for anyone who wants to see them.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:I wonder if they'll use the matches on these two shows for TV since there isn't a TV taping scheduled until October. You can get three weeks from each show.
That's what they're going doing, yes, hence "Road to..." Best In The World, they'll probably gut each show to build to BITW and the upload both shows on VOD like they usually do unedited or containing everything for anyone who wants to see them.
They only have two weeks to fill after next week's ROH TV so they may do two or three matches from both Road to shows on each episode or just make one a hype show.

I also found out that BITW will be on VOD. And if they gut BITW for TV, might as well not order it on TV since it will probably be $15 on VOD and it will be on Sinclair.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

The VOD cost the exact same price as the iPPV/PPV, and it will be 24€95.
They will probably never use iPPV/PPV matches for the TV show, i think, and it's the better way to do.
ImageImage
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I'm not expecting these shows to draw massive numbers, but both shows should get solid crowds (numbers wise).
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I would guess St.Louis would get around 500 people and around 250 - 300 fans in Carbondale. There is no Steen , Strong , Styles , Hardy or Daniels on these cards. I guess Lethal and the local ( Elgin/ O'Reilly ) would be the big draws ? ROH really needs to run markets like St.Louis and Pittsburgh more often. It is hard to build a fan base running once or twice a year in markets.
-MP-

Post by -MP- »

Yeah I really don't know why they decided to run Carbdondale during the summer when most of the students aren't around. Go there from September-April and they probably would get a hell of a rowdy crowd.

I'm not worried about Collinsville one bit, they did 500-600 in 2011 on a Sunday afternoon during football season when the television was just getting started. And this card smokes that one.
The Dragon Saga

dhads7161 wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:
They only have two weeks to fill after next week's ROH TV so they may do two or three matches from both Road to shows on each episode or just make one a hype show.

I also found out that BITW will be on VOD. And if they gut BITW for TV, might as well not order it on TV since it will probably be $15 on VOD and it will be on Sinclair.
Court said during his podcast with Jon Pollock before WOTW that they would no longer be showing paid shows matches in full on TV. He said they might do shows highlighting certain matches so that the TV viewer can keep up with the stories, but they have PPV and iPPV back now, so there's no point in giving away matches others pay to see live on free TV. That'd be mentally retarded.
theskeep

Post by theskeep »

Anybody have a ticket they're trying to get rid of for BITW 1st or 2nd rows? PM me, can paypal for ticket.
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

Memphis Mark wrote:
TYFDK wrote:Hopefully walk-up sales will be good. They're college towns, so it's possible. Then again, summer just started...
Carbondale is a college town, That where Southern Illinois U is located .
Since the show is being held on the SIU campus, we know.