Best comp dvds?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Lazyking

Best comp dvds?

Post by Lazyking »

I've been thinking about getting back into ROH and while I have about 20 Show DVDS, I'm not really into getting more of the shows. Mostly for space reasons. Seems like I can buy most of the big shows on Vod anyway. However, The comps feel more appealing to me. What in people's opinions the Best comps available? I'm a huge Bryan fan but I got a bootleg comp that has me pretty much covered.
ROHdk

Re: Best comp dvds?

Post by ROHdk »

Summer of Punk
A lot of people like the compilation with the Joe/Punk trilogy. I haven't bought it, since I own the 3 matches on other DVDs.
I also really liked Roderick Strong: Messiah of the Backbreaker. Roddy is one of my favourite ROH guys, and I really enjoyed a lot of the matches on this one.
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

I actually have the whole summer of punk on dvd as shows. Most of my ROH DVDS are from 2005- 2006
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

KENTA
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

Oh, yeah. The KENTA DVD was awesome...
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Nigel's first comp was fantastic.
Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

The Kenta dvd was the first one that popped into my head as well. Simply a must-have dvd. There are so many great comps that ROH have done and I think they do a great job of choosing the best matches for each dvd.

Here are a few more which I think are worth mentioning.

1. Japan's Finest
Worth having for the 3 Dragon Gate 6 man tags but lots of other great matches as well.

2. Tyler Black Rise from the Fall.
This is the second of the two Tyler Black ROH anthologies and is the one to get. The Richards/Black trilogy is fantastic but the other matches are also great, including classics against Steen, Hero, Strong, and a phenomenal 3 way with Aries/Black/Strong. Not as many matches on here as on some of the other comps but most of these are given a lot of time and for me this is almost as must own as the Kenta set.

3. Ring of Hardcore.
If you like violent and bloody matches then this is a really nice collection of matches. I do think the streetfight between the Briscoes and Steenerico should have been on here though.

I'd also recommend the 3 year sets (Best of 2002, 2003, and particularly the 3 disk best of 2004 set).

I would also have recommended the first Briscoes comp (Briscoes Baddest Tag Team on the Planet) but its sold out. It does feature the choicest matches from when they were at their very best in 2006 and 2007 so if you see it anywhere then get it. The same goes for the Danielson vs the World dvd which is also sold out but is must own if you can get it.

Hope that helps a little. If I could narrow it down to just two of the above I'd go for the Kenta and Tyler Black sets. All are worth owning though.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Oh man. So many great ones. Any of the Danielson Comps, The Summer of Punk, KENTA, Kevin Steen: Descent Into Madness, Any of the Samoa Joe Comps, Jimmy Jacobs, RIng of Hardcore, and many more. A lot of awesome comps.