KEVIN STEEN IS A WWE SUPERSTAR

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
JTCole

Re: KEVIN STEEN APPEARS TO BE WWE BOUND

Post by JTCole »

Yeah Zayn needs to be on the main roster before when or if Steen shows up.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Other ROH/Indy guys I love seeing in programs together and they often throw in little inside hints on commentary that if you know the references you get it. But with Steen/Zayn it would just have a weird feeling knowing but not acknowledging any history, and if they did acknowledge something it would also be weird since technically there is no past between Steen/Zayn outside of a couple weekend escapade cameos. I'm sure the matches would be tremendous and I'd come around to it, but it's just hard to imagine what it would be. It seems too similar to something we've seen before but stripped of the tremendous story, relationship, significance, etc.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

And seriously, Zayn and Steen have done everything they can with and against each other. Not that a feud between them in NXT won't be good but it will pale in comparison to what they did in ROH.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

JTCole wrote:And seriously, Zayn and Steen have done everything they can with and against each other. Not that a feud between them in NXT won't be good but it will pale in comparison to what they did in ROH.
They've done everything they can except work with each other on the biggest platform in the entire industry.

Before Generico went to WWE, I posted the idea that they still had one more match they could've done to complete their feud, that being HIAC (but calling it "Hell Without Honor" for legal reasons.)
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'd be down for seeing it once/if they're both onto the main roster, but a slow build would be good, no need to rush it.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

JTCole wrote:And seriously, Zayn and Steen have done everything they can with and against each other.
Steen hasn't feuded with a maskless Generico who can speak perfect English. There's your new dynamic.
Last Real Man Hype
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Steen and Generico teaming or feuding would be similar to WWE's pathetic attempt of recreating the Summer of Punk, it would fall flat and short of expectations.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Summer of Punk was one of the high points of WWE in the last decade, until Punk came back way too soon. And it delivered two of the best matches of the decade too.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Robareid wrote:Summer of Punk was one of the high points of WWE in the last decade, until Punk came back way too soon. And it delivered two of the best matches of the decade too.
Two? Huh?
The match cena/punk was one of the high points, the summer of punk fell totally flat
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Summer of Punk 2 was great until as Robareid said, Punk came back too early and then Nash got involved.

The buildup to the match with Cena was phenomenal and is still highly talked about to this day
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I may be remembering it wrong, but weren't both Cena-Punk matches phenomenal? Like both the one at SummerSlam and the one at MitB?
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Just checked my ratings, and no, the SummerSlam match wasn't as good. But still, one amazing match.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

YimYac wrote:Summer of Punk 2 was great until as Robareid said, Punk came back too early and then Nash got involved.

The buildup to the match with Cena was phenomenal and is still highly talked about to this day
I agree, but that spanned what time period? 3 weeks build and the match, one month were Punk was away, and - as you said - after he returned way too early, the momentum of the Summer of Punk was gone. So that equals 3 great weeks, not exactly what I would call a successful "Summer" of Punk.

@Robareid: I had the SS match at *** 3/4, didn't think it was anything special. What was the general consensus on their SS match? IIRC the majority thought it was disapponting, considering the master piece that was their MITB match.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Yeah, the MitB match was amazing, the SS was solid but nowhere near as good. My bad.

But I wouldn't call three of the best weeks for WWE quality wise in the last decade a failure.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Imagine how many best of's from various indy promotions will be available once Steen is signed and on TV!!!
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Nigel LikesGuinness wrote:Imagine how many best of's from various indy promotions will be available once Steen is signed and on TV!!!
You mean to go with all the others that are available?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Take the source with a grain of salt.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/482529- ... a-contract
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

supersonic wrote:Take the source with a grain of salt.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/482529- ... a-contract
Kevin Steen ‏@FightSteenFight

No.
Sammy D ‏@concrete1992

@FightSteenFight But THE ZONE!
Kevin Steen ‏@FightSteenFight

“@concrete1992: @FightSteenFight But THE ZONE!” Right.
MOOSE!
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Steen will end up waiting months to debut just like Sami Callihan/Solomon Crowe. In a perfect world he'll make a sudden impact on his arrival in developmental but I see him just being signed and not being used much like Callihan/Crowe.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

I don't know what's up with Crowe. Hopefully he'll end up as the new Shield member but that's just a pipe dream. Still I wish he'd debut already.