Wait.......so Chris Hero is gone?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
EcwHardCore07

Re: Wait.......so Chris Hero is gone?

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

From the observer

The reason Chris Hero hasn’t been around in months is because when he came in after being released by WWE, he made it clear he wasn’t interested in signing a contract. So he came in and did matches with A.J. Styles and Adam Cole, got beaten down in an angle, and it was left open for a return.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

A clothesline from BJ Whitmer is quite the beatdown.
Last Real Man Hype
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

OK this isn't funny anymore.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

JTCole wrote:Image

Clearly Hero's just bulking up for his upcoming tryout as the newest member of The Wyatt Family.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

So during the Evolve show last night the announcers said Hero has been in a wheelchair the past two weeks suffering from severe back issues. Don't know if they were just covering for him but I thought I'd mention it here in the interest of fairness.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

JTCole wrote:Image

Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

That's quite depressing, considering Hero's a big boxing fan, I think.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

He is getting close to King Kong Bundy levels!
dudelove

Post by dudelove »

I'm watching the Hero/Galloway match from last night now. Am I the only one who thinks the additional weight makes Hero seem more physically imposing? Especially with his Knockout Artist gimmick, which I had a harder time buying when he was skinnier. I think with some toning and new ring attire this could actually work for him.
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

I think people are blowing this WAY out of proportion. Imagine what Steen would look like(especially a couple years ago) if he were wearing the same gear.

He can still work, the additional weight looks bad but has in no way effected his in-ring performance, and he can still do the front flip kip-ups and all the other ridiculously athletic shit that most wrestlers 50 pounds lighter than him couldn't pray to be able to do.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

dudelove wrote:I'm watching the Hero/Galloway match from last night now. Am I the only one who thinks the additional weight makes Hero seem more physically imposing? Especially with his Knockout Artist gimmick, which I had a harder time buying when he was skinnier. I think with some toning and new ring attire this could actually work for him.
He needs to tone up his upper body at least.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

K.O. wrote:I think people are blowing this WAY out of proportion. Imagine what Steen would look like(especially a couple years ago) if he were wearing the same gear.
Except Steen is well aware how bad he would look if he wore tights. Hero is embarrassing himself by not getting new gear to cover himself up.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

BTW10 wrote: Except Steen is well aware how bad he would look if he wore tights. Hero is embarrassing himself by not getting new gear to cover himself up.
This what happens when you grew up watching the likes of Dusty or Dick Murdoch. They were never in the best of shape but could still go. The look doesn't bother me at all as long as it doesn't affect his match quality.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

DBSommer wrote:
BTW10 wrote: Except Steen is well aware how bad he would look if he wore tights. Hero is embarrassing himself by not getting new gear to cover himself up.
This what happens when you grew up watching the likes of Dusty or Dick Murdoch. They were never in the best of shape but could still go. The look doesn't bother me at all as long as it doesn't affect his match quality.
DB, I'm quick to bring up what Dusty Rhodes' career might have been like if he was ripped to the gills.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

chris hero in japan wrestling for noah
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

He doesn't look as bad there.

Even when he looked at his shittest, he's too good to not book for that reason, unless there's more to it, which I'm guessing there is.
Last Real Man Hype
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Money, Money, Money, Money, Monneeey.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
PeoplesChampion

Post by PeoplesChampion »

the only problem with his body is that he has too much stomach fat and very less arm and chest muscles
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

going by his PWG matches at BOLA he can still go regardless of his weight issues. ROH should consider bringing him back as a special attraction.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Yeah, he really doesn't look as bad in that pic above....he shed a few pounds? Hero comeback tour?

Not that he really lost it. Given the added weight, his matches have still been top notch.