Indie guys you'd like to see in ROH but probably never will

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Indie guys you'd like to see in ROH but probably never will

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So I just watched Future of Honor, and it really was a great show, they aren't putting any hyperbole in it at all. It's about as indie as you can get but with better production, if anything it makes you appreciate ROH's production more because where the show is set isn't very impressive but what they do throughout the show is. Also despite the fact he says ROH hasn't told him he'll have any future dates, Tim Donst got one of the biggest pops of the entire show, behind regular roster members like The Briscoes, Adam Cole and Jay Lethal. And Ethan Page got a pretty good one too.

Seeing guys like Page and Donst made me think of guys I'd like to see as genuinely the future of Ring of Honor, but probably won't happen because they are working somewhere else and chances of them going to ROH are pretty slim (hopefully the PPV's can take off and give these guys extra incentive), guys like Drew Gulak for instance who is a guy built for ROH, wrestling in CZW. The same can be said for Biff Busick and The Beaver Boys

Then you got obvious ones like Johnny Gargano, who is pretty much DGUSA through and through, Chuck Taylor, who ROH could have signed and is a guy who says in his Kevin Steen Show interview he wanted to work for them but apparently Delirious doesn't like him as a wrestler, which while I could kind of get I'd think his positives out weight his negatives.

Anybody else you'd like to see in ROH but don't think will ever come, or it is doubtful will come?

EDIT: And Add Timothy Thatcher to that list. If you don't know of Thatcher, look him up, dude is like the second coming of Nigel. Although I could see him in ROH if they moved fast enough.
JigsawVs.Jason

Re: Indie guys you'd like to see in ROH but probably never w

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Zach sabre jr
Ricochet
SSB
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Rich Swann
isles11

Post by isles11 »

Trent Baretta
Baxter Stockman

Post by Baxter Stockman »

Ricochet and Drew Gulak above all others. Though actually Gulak has worked in ROH once before, so maybe there's some hope there.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Any DGUSA/ Evolve wrestler would would work for ROH . Wrestlers are just like anyone else , they go where the money is. DGUSA only runs a handful of shows . Rich Swann , Trent Baretta , Ricochet , Drew Gulak , Chuck Taylor ,Johnny Gargano , Tony Nese , Ar Fox etc , Biff Busick , would all jump to ROH in a minute. They would have to , ROH has tv exposure and runs at least 3 to 4 times the number of dates. No wresler can afford to be loyal to Gabe or any other wrestling promotion. Need Proof ? Try Adam Cole , Kyle O' Reilly , Bobby Fish , Silas Young , Jimmy Jacobs , Tommasso Ciampa , BJ Whitmer , Young Bucks have all left DGUSA for ROH . Has anyone all quit ROH to work of DGUSA ? Strong and Hero have taken some FIP/ Evolve / DGUSA dates because they are free agents, but they are still working ROH.

That said , I don't think will see any West Coast talent due to the transportation cost . As we all know Sinclair Broadcasting is tight with money. So I don't think we will Brian Cage or Willie Mack . Which is too bad because both guys are talented and could draw money for ROH.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I'd like to see Kenny Omega again, but I don't see him leaving his career in Japan. There are some European guys too that are deserving, who unfortunately may never make it over.
Beer City Bruisers are a more local tag team that I wouldn't mind seeing get a shot on some midwest shows. They did a dark match at Reclamation N1 ( I think).
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Smash Bros and Baretta. I'd say Omega too but he's not really an Indie guy anymore.
Baxter Stockman

Post by Baxter Stockman »

Memphis Mark wrote:Any DGUSA/ Evolve wrestler would would work for ROH .
Not Ricochet. Unless maybe if he could trade up from Dragon Gate to New Japan, which would be awesome.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I love Chuck Taylor, and think he'd be the perfect change of pace to the often overly serious ROH shows.

I'm probably on my own here, but I really like the RockNES Monsters, and think they'd be a nice addition to ROH. I think Goodtime especially is a great talent.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Brian Anthony
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Memphis Mark wrote:That said , I don't think will see any West Coast talent due to the transportation cost . As we all know Sinclair Broadcasting is tight with money. So I don't think we will Brian Cage or Willie Mack . Which is too bad because both guys are talented and could draw money for ROH.
Luckily, since Sinclair owns stations and has ROH shown in some towns in Washington, California, Nevada, etc., so I can see ROH doing a show or two out there sometime next year.

As for Indy guys, I want Pinky Sanchez in.
The Dragon Saga

Memphis Mark wrote:Any DGUSA/ Evolve wrestler would would work for ROH . Wrestlers are just like anyone else , they go where the money is. DGUSA only runs a handful of shows . Rich Swann , Trent Baretta , Ricochet , Drew Gulak , Chuck Taylor ,Johnny Gargano , Tony Nese , Ar Fox etc , Biff Busick , would all jump to ROH in a minute. They would have to , ROH has tv exposure and runs at least 3 to 4 times the number of dates. No wresler can afford to be loyal to Gabe or any other wrestling promotion. Need Proof ? Try Adam Cole , Kyle O' Reilly , Bobby Fish , Silas Young , Jimmy Jacobs , Tommasso Ciampa , BJ Whitmer , Young Bucks have all left DGUSA for ROH . Has anyone all quit ROH to work of DGUSA ? Strong and Hero have taken some FIP/ Evolve / DGUSA dates because they are free agents, but they are still working ROH.
If what you're saying is how they externally function and Johnny Gargano has never been offered a spot in ROH, then I'd be quite disappointed in ROH and everyone with power in it.
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Ricochet could easily be a top star in the company. Sabre JR would be a good fit given his style although does he do many indy appearances?
The Dragon Saga

Lone Wolf wrote:Ricochet could easily be a top star in the company. Sabre JR would be a good fit given his style although does he do many indy appearances?
In England and the UK, yes, in America, no. It's not easy to get a work VISA from Europe to America to be a professional wrestler, especially if you don't have a degree, which considering Sabre Jr has been wrestling since he was a teenager pretty much full time, touring Japan and such, is unlikely.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Gulak and Busick. And give Shane Hollister a try too fuck it.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

ROHFan25 wrote:Gulak and Busick. And give Shane Hollister a try too fuck it.
Ditto on all three, especially Shane Hollister. I'd like to see Chris Dickinson too but have a feeling he will never end up in ROH.
The Dragon Saga

See I can see Hollister joining, I think it's more-so either ROH are waiting for him to improve or do something or other, or for the right time to bring him in, so I wouldn't classify him in the topic of the thread.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

lariat_tubman wrote:
Ditto on all three, especially Shane Hollister. I'd like to see Chris Dickinson too but have a feeling he will never end up in ROH.
For all we know the schedule of Dickinson's real job is too demanding.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
lariat_tubman wrote:
For all we know the schedule of Dickinson's real job is too demanding.
Wait does he have some sort of demanding job or just in general in terms of indy guys not making money on wrestling?

Also I'm going to throw Trevor Lee on this list.