Austin Aries?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Austin Aries?

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

dark patriot wrote:I find it hard to believe that you tell someone coming in for a job interview the amount of money your company is losing.
Well you'd have to remember that when those talks between Heyman & TNA were going on, Heyman was going to be brought into a very high position within the company, so it makes sense that he would know these things.

Back to Aries, if he has put his "bad feelings" towards ROH behind him, then I've love to see him come back. He's great in the ring and his "Greatest Man That Ever Lived" is awesome. If not, then I don't know. I could see him going to Gabe and wrestling some select shows for Dragon Gate USA/Evolve.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

I like Aries, but no thanks. According to Steen he's a dick backstage and was one of the guys that agreed with Cornette about the Generico/Steen feud sucking. Way too arrogant. ROH locker room is supposedly great right now, keep it that way.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Aries is better than Steen in every way.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Except at being over, putting over young talent, not being a douchebag, being entertaining, etc.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Steen and Aries are both great. The business is littered with useful talents that can be difficult carnies backstage, it's the promotion job to manage the egos and put forth the best product possible, and that includes having the personnel that can deliver in the ring and on the stick.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Love Aries anywhere. I have no idea why TNA left him off TV for 6 weeks.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Also, regarding all these comments on attitude:

I agree, but did anyone see CM Punk's "Best in the World" DVD? Dude is arrogant and apparently can't see that other guys can work hard and should have top spot, too, but that doesn't mean he's not valuable. Same goes for Aries (I know, I know, he's not on Punk's level for many).
I am cosmetically pleasing.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

I would like to see him in WWE.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

ROHdk wrote:I would like to see him in WWE.
Or at the very least NXT.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Austin been a main eventer for over a decade/ Why would he go to NXT ? It would be an insult to him to go to NXT. He should go straight to Monday night .
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Because NXT was/is so terrible for Bryan, Rollins, Cesaro, Ambrose, Zayn, Neville, Harper...
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Robareid wrote:Because NXT was/is so terrible for Bryan, Rollins, Cesaro, Ambrose, Zayn, Neville, Harper...
Hey Sin Caras didn't have to go to NXT and that worked out really really well!
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Rumor has it that the reason Aries isn't in WWE is because he failed a psych profile, because he's a crazy asshole. This is also why he's been in the doghouse in TNA. Remember the "screaming at Hemme and backing her into the corner" incident?
GardenStateSaint

Memphis Mark wrote:
GardenStateSaint wrote:
Austin been a main eventer for over a decade/ Why would he go to NXT ? It would be an insult to him to go to NXT. He should go straight to Monday night .
Have you ever heard of Jericho talk about his transition from WCW to WWF? Look into that.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Burnside wrote:Rumor has it that the reason Aries isn't in WWE is because he failed a psych profile, because he's a crazy asshole. This is also why he's been in the doghouse in TNA. Remember the "screaming at Hemme and backing her into the corner" incident?
Rumor according to which reputable source? It sounds believable, but for now it goes into the "I read it on a message board" category.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

In some ways, Aries reminds me of Punk and Danielson. Very good in the ring, and I like him on the mic. I think he could be an excellent heel in WWE.
GardenStateSaint

supersonic wrote:
Burnside wrote:Rumor has it that the reason Aries isn't in WWE is because he failed a psych profile, because he's a crazy asshole. This is also why he's been in the doghouse in TNA. Remember the "screaming at Hemme and backing her into the corner" incident?
Rumor according to which reputable source? It sounds believable, but for now it goes into the "I read it on a message board" category.
Did you seriously take that seriously? I sure as hell didn't. Seriously.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

ROHdk wrote:In some ways, Aries reminds me of Punk and Danielson. Very good in the ring, and I like him on the mic. I think he could be an excellent heel in WWE.
Too bad WWE don't see it that way.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

I do think WWE has changed a bit. They seem to give wrestlers that doesn't have the bodybuilder look a chance. I think Aries' age might prevent him from making it to WWE.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

CM Punk was becoming one of the top stars when Aries was turned away last, had a hissy fit, basically said he was retired because nobody wanted him, and hey presto TNA just forgot about how their last relationship ended and gave him a bone which he ran with. I'm not saying he's not talented, but there are people just as talented as Aries if not even more talented than Aries out there who'd bring much less hassle, something WWE doesn't take too kindly to.