ROH Best In The World 2014 Card

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Northwoods_Nightmare

Re: ROH Best In The World 2014 Card

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Some fantasy booking here, but when Elgin last faced Cole, Hardy interfered. When Cole beat Briscoe, Hardy, Bennett and Maria interfered. I imagine Cole will now have Hardy, Bennett and Maria helping him or associated with him, so whoever faces Cole at BITW, have Nigel say, "we need a clean winner, someone well respected who'll keep out all interference", and use Foley or Piper or whoever. Keep it simple.
They could have Elgin just destroy everyone that tries to interfere and help make him look like a monster, like they did with Ciampa's win over Taven. That's they one problem with a guest referee scenario, it makes it seem like Elgin needs help winning.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's my prediction for the card (with a few presumptions):

- ROH World Title - Special Enforcer: Mick Foley - Adam Cole (c) vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- ROH World Tag Team Titles - reDRagon (c) vs. Bad Influence
- #1 Contender's Match - Kevin Steen vs. Jay Briscoe
- Roderick Strong vs. Cedric Alexander
- Chris Hero vs. Jimmy Jacobs
- No DQ Match - BJ Whitmer vs. Steve Corino
- Matt Hardy & Michael Bennett (with Maria Kanellis) vs. War Machine
- ROH World TV Title - Six Pack Challenge - Jay Lethal (c) vs. "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matt Taven vs. ACH vs. Mark Briscoe vs. Silas Young
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Oh god, now that I look at the card, I really, really hope this Briscoe singles run is over already.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Northwoods_Nightmare

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Oh god, now that I look at the card, I really, really hope this Briscoe singles run is over already.
If they end up bringing in new tag teams like Bad Influence or MCMG, or any other regular tag teams, it's kind of obligatory that they face the Briscoes.
Tom123

Post by Tom123 »

This will probably be in no shape or form near the actual card and you guys will probably hate it anyway... I've decided to go down a slightly different road by not having either AJ Styles or The Young Bucks appear due to NJPW. Here goes!

FIGHT WITHOUT HONOR - ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH
Adam Cole (C) Vs Michael Elgin

ROH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
The Decade W/Adam Page (C) Vs The Briscoe Brothers Vs WAR Machine

ROH TELEVISION TITLE MATCH
Jay Lethal (C) Vs Cederic Alexander

Chris Hero Vs Tommaso Ciampa

Special Attraction Dream Match
reDRagon Vs Motor City Machine Guns

Grudge Match
Roderick Strong Vs Kevin Steen

Michaell Bennett W/Maria Kanellis & Matt Hardy Vs Silas Young

#1 Contender TV Title Match
ACH Vs Andrew Everett Vs Matt Taven Vs #AllEgo
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Tom123 wrote:FIGHT WITHOUT HONOR - ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH
Adam Cole (C) Vs Michael Elgin

ROH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
The Decade W/Adam Page (C) Vs The Briscoe Brothers Vs WAR Machine

ROH TELEVISION TITLE MATCH
Jay Lethal (C) Vs Cederic Alexander

Chris Hero Vs Tommaso Ciampa

Special Attraction Dream Match
reDRagon Vs Motor City Machine Guns

Grudge Match
Roderick Strong Vs Kevin Steen

Michaell Bennett W/Maria Kanellis & Matt Hardy Vs Silas Young

#1 Contender TV Title Match
ACH Vs Andrew Everett Vs Matt Taven Vs #AllEgo
I think Ethan Page can't be in a n°1 contendership match after just 3-4 single matches in ROH, especially when you see the actual great level of the roster.
Moreover, if The Young Bucks retain during the NJPW vs ROH oppositions (and i think they will), i'm 100% sure they will be at this PPV.
Anyway they can't do a PPV called Best in the World without one of the best (if not THE best) tag team in the World right now. In my opinion it's more realistic not to include MCMG and Bad Influence than them.

I really expect they will not book some matches with shitty big names like Matt Hardy or Rhino (he was not bad but not good enough to have matches in PPV in my opinion) just to attract fans. There are plenty of great talents with name value not signed with WWE/TNA. ROH is the best WRESTLING on the planet, not an addition of names to attract people like TNA. If they want to agitate the name "Hardy" that's fine but don't give him a match. It's a good balance, i think, to satisfy old and future fans.
ImageImage
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

If AJ isn't on the show, the Bucks most likely won't be either. NJPW commitments. That being said, that frees up the money for Bad Influence and MCMG. Hardy needs to have a match on the card. He's a draw for casuals whether people want to admit it or not.

Also, Tom123 your card is amazing.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Matt Hardy will probably be given a match on the show. Why wouldn't he? Most people might hate him but even people who so acknowledge that he does a lot of good work in ROH. Plus more people will buy this PPV seeing Hardy's face on the poster then they will seeing a dude like Michael Elgin or Adam Cole, sorry if that stings anybody a little, but it's the truth.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Taking into account the Bucks and Styles probably won't be there, I really hope ROH manages to book MCMG at this show. Now that Shelley is taking indy bookings and Sabin will be gone from TNA, ROH just has to take advantage of this situation.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Taking into account the Bucks and Styles probably won't be there, I really hope ROH manages to book MCMG at this show. Now that Shelley is taking indy bookings and Sabin will be gone from TNA, ROH just has to take advantage of this situation.
Likely Shelley will be in Japan as well.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

YimYac wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Taking into account the Bucks and Styles probably won't be there, I really hope ROH manages to book MCMG at this show. Now that Shelley is taking indy bookings and Sabin will be gone from TNA, ROH just has to take advantage of this situation.
Not that likely, since he hasn't appeared since mid-february
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

jordidebaas wrote:
YimYac wrote:
He's not on tour currently, doesn't mean he won't be back in June.
Northwoods_Nightmare

It really sucks that Styles won't be around. I can't think of a better situation to do Styles vs Cole. A match everyone wants to see, Styles' first title shot since returning, big name value in the main event of the PPV debut, and a match that could realistically go either way.

With both the YB's and Styles being booked up for NJPW shows all the time, it would be nice if ROH could get a semi-prominent NJPW guy on a part time basis to fill in on the shows that Styles and the YB's are missing.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

YimYac wrote:
jordidebaas wrote:
YimYac wrote: Likely Shelley will be in Japan as well.
He's not on tour currently, doesn't mean he won't be back in June.
Doesn´t mean it´s likely either. I wasn´t saying that it´s unlikely, just that it´s not very super extremely likely.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Matt Hardy will probably be given a match on the show. Why wouldn't he? Most people might hate him but even people who so acknowledge that he does a lot of good work in ROH. Plus more people will buy this PPV seeing Hardy's face on the poster then they will seeing a dude like Michael Elgin or Adam Cole, sorry if that stings anybody a little, but it's the truth.
Matt Hardy hasn't been good since 2008. He isn't even popular with casual fans anymore.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think if Matt Hardy is going to be in a match at the PPV, it should be him & Michael Bennett vs. War Machine, especially if Cole vs. Elgin is the main event. Cole's Posse vs. Elgin's Posse.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Getting Rowe, Bennett and Hardy in one match rather than spreading them over the card might not be a bad idea.
Last Real Man Hype
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:Matt Hardy will probably be given a match on the show. Why wouldn't he? Most people might hate him but even people who so acknowledge that he does a lot of good work in ROH. Plus more people will buy this PPV seeing Hardy's face on the poster then they will seeing a dude like Michael Elgin or Adam Cole, sorry if that stings anybody a little, but it's the truth.
Matt Hardy hasn't been good since 2008. He isn't even popular with casual fans anymore.
He's not popular, he's hated. People want to see him get his ass kicked. When that doesn't happen they get disappointed. His value was pretty evident at the 12th Anniversary Show, when he was announced as not being there people were disappointed because everyone wanted to see Elgin kick his ass. When that didn't happen and they replaced him with Ray Rowe, nobody gave a shit, no matter how good Elgin vs. Rowe was.

And Hardy's a lot more popular then you think. He got a pretty damn good reaction for 2CW over the weekend.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Matt Hardy and the heat he gets epitomizes why I"m so arrogant towards the current ROH audience.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think if Matt Hardy is going to be in a match at the PPV, it should be him & Michael Bennett vs. War Machine, especially if Cole vs. Elgin is the main event. Cole's Posse vs. Elgin's Posse.
I love this idea so much.

Have both teams have matches over the "Road to BITW" weekend (against other teams, obviously) and maybe have Hardy & Bennett cause War Machibe to lose one or both matches.

I'll be upset if that match DOESN'T happen.