ROH Debuts on live PPV w/ BITW '14~

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

ROH Debuts on live PPV w/ BITW '14~

Post by TYFDK »

RING OF HONOR DEBUTS ON LIVE PAY-PER-VIEW WITH BEST IN THE WORLD 2014 ON SUNDAY JUNE 22

Baltimore, MD (April 17, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC (“ROH”) today announced that they have agreed to deliver live Pay-Per-View programming starting with Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 emanating from Nashville, TN on Sunday June 22nd at the Nashville Fairgrounds.

For the first time ever, fans will be able to experience a marquee ROH event live at home via all major cable or satellite providers and witness next generation wrestling innovation, epic rivalries and world championship bouts.

Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 will feature the likes of: Matt Hardy, Kevin Steen, the Briscoe Brothers, ROH World Champion Adam Cole, “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin, Jay Lethal, as well as, Playboy cover girl and the first woman of ROH, Maria Kanellis and other elite wrestlers from ROH.

The start time for Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 is 8 p.m. EST / 5 p.m. PST with a runtime of 3 hours. The event is rated TV-14 and will be available in High-Definition. The suggested retail price is $24.95 (SD).

In conjunction with ROH’s debut on live Pay-Per-View, ROH has moved Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 from Saturday night to Sunday. Customers that have already purchased tickets for Saturday can use those tickets for Sunday. If unable to attend, ROH will provide a refund. Tickets should be mailed back to: Ring of Honor Wrestling, 2000 West 41st St., Baltimore, MD 21211. Contact: help@rohwrestling.com for questions or more information.

“We are thrilled to announce that ROH is now available live on Pay-Per-View via cable and satellite,” said Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer of ROH. “Fans hungry for the best wrestling in the world will now have access to their favorite brand of wrestling from the comfort of their couch in stunning high definition, which is something our customers have been demanding for some time. We’re happy to deliver on that starting this June with Best in the World.”

For more information on Ring of Honor, visit: www.ROHwrestling.com
Follow ROH on Twitter: @RingofHonor
Like ROH at: Facebook.com/RingofHonor

Check your local listings to see where you can watch Ring of Honor TV each and
every week or subscribe and watch online at: www.ROHWrestling.com.
DirtyDave

Re: ROH Debuts on live PPV w/ BITW '14~

Post by DirtyDave »

good for roh, i will likely buy it
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Best of luck with it. And I mean that.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I just wish it was still on Saturday. UFC does PPV's on Saturdays, why can't ROH?
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Well this is awesome, I mean no one likes a price increase on a product but still PPV is a big step and hopefully this will grow ROH's brand
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I'm sure ROH will do their best to make this event awesome, so let's get ready for wrestling ! :D
AM Dragon

Post by AM Dragon »

Possibility Styles gets his title shot here? Especially since he could become a double champion if he beats Okada.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

KL_ wrote:I'm sure ROH will do their best to make this event awesome, so let's get ready for wrestling ! :D
ROH Title Match
Adam Cole vs. AJ Styles

2/3 Falls Match (aka Baltimore's middle finger to Pittsburgh)
Paul London vs. Roderick Strong

Hansen & Raymond Rowe vs. Kevin Steen & Michael Elgin

Just throwing some match ideas out there.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Such a huge step forward for ROH. For everyone who has complained about the disappearance of iPPV, now we're going to have both. I'll definitely be grabbing this on Cable PPV, and I think this is the time for all the supporters to really go out and support this. Don't illegally stream this or anything, let's actually help out ROH. Cannot wait for this.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AM Dragon wrote:Possibility Styles gets his title shot here? Especially since he could become a double champion if he beats Okada.
Mentioned this in another thread, but I don't think so. If New Japan is running a iPPV that weekend (like they did last year on the same weekend with Dominion) then Styles probably won't even be at Best in the World.
AM Dragon

Post by AM Dragon »

Ah that would be a shame. Would be awesome to see the ROH World Champion vs the IWGP Champion considering we won't be seeing it at GW/WotW. Also, hate to be that guy...but anyone notice the name of the show and how a certain person has a contract that expires that month?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Punk's contract expires in July, I believe. Not June.
TheKillerPoet

Post by TheKillerPoet »

AM Dragon wrote:Also, hate to be that guy...but anyone notice the name of the show and how a certain person has a contract that expires that month?
Punk's contract expires in July, not June, and given Mick Foley's recent post about how much pain Punk was dealing with everyday prior to his abrupt departure, I doubt he's gonna just immediately start wrestling again once he's (officially) gone from WWE.
AM Dragon

Post by AM Dragon »

Ah damn. I thought it was June. Stupid 4 letter months beginning with J.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AM Dragon wrote:Ah damn. I thought it was June. Stupid 4 letter months beginning with J.
If he was (not saying he will or won't come back), I'd think it would most likely be at Death Before Dishonor XII in August, seeing how that's in Chicago, but again, no idea what Punk's plans are. If I had to bet, chances of him coming back are really slim (though I would love to see him wrestle Elgin).
AM Dragon

Post by AM Dragon »

That's true, I've honestly been thinking his contract expires in June for the longest time so when I saw this ppv my fantasy booking went crazy. It'd be an amazing way to get people interested in your first ppv but I had my facts wrong.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Seems like a pretty big deal, interesting to see how many buys it gets.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Big news, don't this'll last very long. The price is absolutely ridiculous, esp when you have the WWE Network around.
MOOSE!
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

yeah im definitely disappointed that its not a huge addition to the VOD library.