ROH Debuts on live PPV w/ BITW '14~

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
JTCole

Re: ROH Debuts on live PPV w/ BITW '14~

Post by JTCole »

ROHFan25 wrote:AJ not expected to be at the show. And $25 is expensive, but it's fair. NJPW big PPVs are $25 on UStream. Let's see the card, how the show is promoted, the storylines, etc before we rule out spending $25 for a PPV.

Yes, WWE PPVs are $10 a month now. Lets not forget for years they cost $50 and they were absolute shit. $25 for a good show is very fair.
Generalizing a bit there aren't we? Now sure it's fair to say WWE PPVs were too expensive and most not worth that much money but to say they were all "shit" is a bit much.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

WWE has their own network. They can charge whatever they want, they dictate the price. This is PPV. You can't charge $10 for a 3 hour show without losing an unbelievable amount of money. Its 2 shows a year costing $25 each. Perfectly fine. If people will pay $15 for iPPVs I don't see why a $10 increase would matter especially considering the improvements that are coming, and stability of PPV vs Stream.

And yes it's a generalization but realistically how many WWE PPVs from 2006-2010 were actually worth the price? Not many.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

ROHFan25 wrote:WWE has their own network. They can charge whatever they want, they dictate the price. This is PPV. You can't charge $10 for a 3 hour show without losing an unbelievable amount of money. Its 2 shows a year costing $25 each. Perfectly fine. If people will pay $15 for iPPVs I don't see why a $10 increase would matter especially considering the improvements that are coming, and stability of PPV vs Stream.

And yes it's a generalization but realistically how many WWE PPVs from 2006-2010 were actually worth the price? Not many.
Well yeah that's true. They clung to that model for so long due to somehow making a profit off even the least bought shows.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

ROHFan25 wrote:WWE has their own network. They can charge whatever they want, they dictate the price. This is PPV. You can't charge $10 for a 3 hour show without losing an unbelievable amount of money. Its 2 shows a year costing $25 each. Perfectly fine. If people will pay $15 for iPPVs I don't see why a $10 increase would matter especially considering the improvements that are coming, and stability of PPV vs Stream.

When i bought ippvs from ROH it was 15.00 for it and 10 bucks for the 6 pack i drank while watching it. I need my beer when i watch wrestling. And no one is saying charge 10.00 for a ppv. But they could charge 25.00 for a ppv and send the dvd for free when its released. Especially since its cost peanuts to make dvds.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

indyfan wrote:

When i bought ippvs from ROH it was 15.00 for it and 10 bucks for the 6 pack i drank while watching it. I need my beer when i watch wrestling. And no one is saying charge 10.00 for a ppv. But they could charge 25.00 for a ppv and send the dvd for free when its released. Especially since its cost peanuts to make dvds.
That's actually a good idea. Well, I think so at least, don't know how feasible it is.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Listening to Court on F4WOnline and when asked if AJ will be there, he says.

"From what I know he is booked in Japan, but you never know. We'll try and fingers crossed, because he's a force."
bik100

Post by bik100 »

I'll get this show if #MonsterMafia vs Young Bucks or reDRagon is a thing.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Y'all should be talking about the $30-$35 price tag, not $25. People should not be ordering standard definition PPVs in 2014.
SLKerAaron

Post by SLKerAaron »

BTW10 wrote:Y'all should be talking about the $30-$35 price tag, not $25. People should not be ordering standard definition PPVs in 2014.
I don't understand why SD stuff is still being offered anyway.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Agreed.. shows should be offered in HD, if you're one of the unlucky few who's still viewing in SD, you get to watch in letterbox. Not sure why they're still charging for HD
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

HD is free on UStream ?
I don't know how they could do it, but free HD for Ringside Members or if you order more than one event at the same time could be good.
ImageImage
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

But standard definition DVDs are just fine and dandy?
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

bigz38 wrote:But standard definition DVDs are just fine and dandy?
Well, there's no such thing as high definition DVDs...
Jetfan531

Post by Jetfan531 »

Being on PPV is a pretty big deal. I think ROH has a better shot at winning new fans on PPV than with the TV show, which I think is pretty bland. Especially if they're creative with it. Showing select matches for free on demand afterwards. That's actually how I got into TNA, so the same could happen with ROH.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

It's good that ROH returns to PPV, and in HD! This makes me wonder if the shows will be released on blu-ray? That would be fun, unless it's not region free.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

If you look at the schedules on AJ Styles' official website (ajstyles.org), it includes a New Japan Show on June 21st. So this definitely confirms that he will not be at Best in the World.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Anyone know if the Young Bucks are scheduled on that same NJPW tour? It would definitely be good to have a tag title defense at BITW, assuming they're not going to lose the titles at Toronto or New York.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:If you look at the schedules on AJ Styles' official website (ajstyles.org), it includes a New Japan Show on June 21st. So this definitely confirms that he will not be at Best in the World.
There are 40 hours in between the shows, so I don´t think that confirms it. Also, they moved this event a day, so there´s got to be a reason they did that, which might very well be so they could have Styles and the Young Bucks on this show.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

jordidebaas wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:If you look at the schedules on AJ Styles' official website (ajstyles.org), it includes a New Japan Show on June 21st. So this definitely confirms that he will not be at Best in the World.
There are 40 hours in between the shows, so I don´t think that confirms it. Also, they moved this event a day, so there´s got to be a reason they did that, which might very well be so they could have Styles and the Young Bucks on this show.
They moved it to Sunday because it's the traditional PPV day and because statistics show that more people buy wrestling PPV's on a Sunday, Court spoke to Meltzer and Alvarez about this the day the announcement dropped.