Why the shows I saw in New Orleans weren't that special

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Fidel Costco

Re: Why the shows I saw in New Orleans weren't that special

Post by Fidel Costco »

ACH has the potential to be a star. Problem is if WWE signs him, I don't see him being used very well. They seem to have a problem pushing smaller, faster guys, for whatever reason. I hope I'm proven wrong. Fact is I can name guys on the main roster in WWE who deserve a lot better than the lot they've been cast, and I have zero faith in WWE creative. Almost 14 years of disappointment is a lot to make up for.

You are 100% right about how Briscoe was booked in Ladder War. It felt like they wanted to milk the whole "crazy Jay" for all its worth in the match by having him basically throw the match to beat up Adam Cole because Cole made Jay's dad "look like a liar," which is one of the stupidest motives for a feud ever.

It seems that Supersonic begrudges ROH for becoming more sports entertainment and less pure pro wrestling. Which is odd, since he has been lauding WWE so much. Perhaps he's excited to Cesaro and Bryan get the praise and recognition they deserve, which is something we all want to see for our favorite wrestlers.
Taven and Martini segment - whatever, both will never be stars.
It's stuff like that that I find the most puzzling. What do you mean by "a star?"
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Both of those individuals come across as very minor league in their presentation. Martini has a very dull delivery and I don't see a crowd ever hating him as much as Prince Nana or Dutch Mantel, let alone as much as Paul Heyman or Bobby Heenan.

I don't have a problem with sports-entertainment at all. Just don't want it to be low-rent, which has long been TNA's problem, and was WCW's problem too.

For all of the flaws I find in ROH, the biggest and most important praise I can give it is that the federation has an identity, and is striving to head in the direction of being the very best it can be at that identity.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

supersonic wrote:Both of those individuals come across as very minor league in their presentation. Martini has a very dull delivery and I don't see a crowd ever hating him as much as Prince Nana or Dutch Mantel, let alone as much as Paul Heyman or Bobby Heenan.
Fair enough. I didn't much care for Hoopla, myself. I prefer this mad cult leader Truth Martini, it just needs to take a much more sinister turn and I'll be behind it. The red suit does remind me of Jim Mitchell, though, so it isn't all bad.
I don't have a problem with sports-entertainment at all. Just don't want it to be low-rent, which has long been TNA's problem, and was WCW's problem too.
I don't think any of us really has a problem with sports entertainment because we all enjoy WWE and want it to succeed.

What TNA's problem has always been was it wants to BE WWE or WCW, so much so that, to a point, it ripped off and retread old stories and gimmicks from both promotions.
For all of the flaws I find in ROH, the biggest and most important praise I can give it is that the federation has an identity, and is striving to head in the direction of being the very best it can be at that identity.
It needs to find its niche, that's for sure. The key being can ROH build and maintain their identity and can it get the exposure it needs to succeed. WWE has a lot more flash, and that seems to be a major factor for people.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

supersonic wrote:The usual fanboy suspects popping in to defend their favorite indy fed of course. It's YOUR fault if you can't see past my arrogance for the substance in my observations of wrestling, and I make no apologies for that. You probably think Heyman's last promo was bad and annoying despite it being 100% true just because he intentionally made sure it was as grating and condescending possible, which I am tempted to pattern myself after.

Great wrestling isn't for me? Then why do I get off to matches involving Bryan Danielson, the Shield, and Cesaro so much?

I'll say it again, because I'm not allowing to live it down: post some more fake Observer news. Then go fucking kill yourself already in your mother's basement.
I got some news for you, you're not Paul Heyman. Nobody values your opinion, I doubt you've ever altered the mind set of a business like Heyman did, I doubt you've done very much at all in your life. You want stars, you want to see stars wrestle knowing they'll make thousands of dollars, so you can jack off and think about how great of a fan you are while simultaneously checking ACH's Twitter account for the breaking news that hes signed for WWE.

You're an idiot.

And since I don't live with my parents like you do, sorry I can't do that, but instead if you want to throw me your mothers contact I'll happily kill her as a sacrifice for my life. Considering she gave birth to you, I think I'd be doing the world a favor.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Gotten to and reported for expressing a desire to commit murder. Keep spazzing out just because I am very strong in my observations of ROH. I've actually been quite fair in praising ROH for its business and goals in establishing its identity.

Why are you intent on creating false narratives and sharing them just to make yourself feel better, kid?
Torontogirl78

Post by Torontogirl78 »

I think it's time to officially close this thread.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Saga, I get you don't see eye to eye with supersonic, but threatening to kill somebodies Mum? Really? That's low man, like really low, even for an internet message board.

I agree, this thread probably needs locking.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Torontogirl78 wrote:I think it's time to officially close this thread.
I wouldn't say so. There's quite a few in here that have shown a willingness to discuss both the good and bad of these two shows, as well as current ROH, with me. I've no problem with those who have a different viewpoint of this product than me, or who aren't as high on current WWE as me.

Unfortunately there are a few rotten aspies that want to derail this because I'm very strong-willed in my observations and I briefly stooped to their level.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Fucking hell guys. C'mon.