MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT COMING

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHFan25

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT COMING

Post by ROHFan25 »

The company is set to reveal something major...

- ROH is reportedly set to make a huge announcement this week. The report says that the reveal will "move the company forward in a major way" and that a lot of talent backstage has been talking about the announcement.

This announcement has nothing to do with their May 10th and May 17th shows with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Credit: PWInsider

What could it be? National TV somehow?
Marketh.

Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT COMING

Post by Marketh. »

I'll assume a regular Ustream deal.
Last Real Man Hype
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

It'd almost have to be a bigger tv deal right? And lots of good news coming out of ROH lately!
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

You think they'd announce that before testing the streams though? Doesn't really make sense although I'd be fucking hyped. I hate watching wrestling after I already know the results.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Marketh. wrote:I'll assume a regular Ustream deal.
That would be a huge letdown and I highly doubt it. Going back to iPPV isn't "moving the company forward in a major way", they've already done it. I'm going to say national TV too, or if not that, an actual live PPV deal.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

No idea as to what it could be...
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
That would be a huge letdown and I highly doubt it. Going back to iPPV isn't "moving the company forward in a major way", they've already done it. I'm going to say national TV too, or if not that, an actual live PPV deal.
Not like they've built it up much. It's only a PWInsider article.
Last Real Man Hype
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

TV deal w/ Fuse, MTV2, or AXSTV?

Put it on fuckin' C-SPAN. Somewhere that most if not a lot of people can see it on TV.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Live PPV wouldn't be a good idea IMO. It would cost too much and they wouldn't make enough money doing it.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Thing is though, if a big announcement was coming, I'm sure Court Bauer would have teased something by now, which when I look at his Twitter, I don't think he has.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

How about just a regular time, in every market, every week, at a normal time? Not really a "major announcement" but I think would be a good step. If it's a national TV deal that would be great. I could see it being on the CW. SBG owns a number of CW affiliates, so they could keep it somewhat internal. Plus, the CW used to carry Smackdown.

Would they dare doing live TV? I kind of hope not, seeing as where that got TNA.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Or maybe it's not TV/production related at all. International touring, CM Punk return, could really be anything.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

To all the people saying it can't be a big announcement because it hasn't been hyped. Court was the only one who mentioned the big announcement deal with UStream before it happened. He's the only one that hyped it.

ROH and PWInsider work hand in hand. ROH has ads on their site, etc. I don't think they'd report something if nothing was going to happen. PWInsider is legit.
The Dragon Saga

Marketh. wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:
They don't need to hype it, especially if it's as big as Johnson says it is. We all know he knows people in ROH, if he says it's something that'll "move the company forward in a major way", I trust the dude that it's something big.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

ROHFan25 wrote:To all the people saying it can't be a big announcement because it hasn't been hyped. Court was the only one who mentioned the big announcement deal with UStream before it happened. He's the only one that hyped it.

ROH and PWInsider work hand in hand. ROH has ads on their site, etc. I don't think they'd report something if nothing was going to happen. PWInsider is legit.
I don't doubt PWInsider when they say there's announcement, but I'm not getting my hopes up when they say it's to the scale they've hyped up because, as you said, they have a relationship with ROH. If it turns out to be legit and can move the company forward, I'll get excited. If it's nothing special, meh, I didn't invest much emotion anyway.
Last Real Man Hype
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
Marketh. wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:
They don't need to hype it, especially if it's as big as Johnson says it is. We all know he knows people in ROH, if he says it's something that'll "move the company forward in a major way", I trust the dude that it's something big.
So you're saying you would still be let down even if ROH haven't hyped it themselves yet, just because Mike Johnson said it was big?
Last Real Man Hype
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Article just got updated with the following

PWInsider.com is working to try and confirm the announcement, but after speaking to a number of people today, we are told there is something on the horizon that promotion will be releasing details of in the next several days. So, stay tuned.
The Dragon Saga

Marketh. wrote: So you're saying you would still be let down even if ROH haven't hyped it themselves yet, just because Mike Johnson said it was big?
So little can let me down right now when it comes to ROH and all they've done in recent months, what I am saying is, if Johnson says it's big, I think It'll deliver, whether they hype it or don't hype it, I rarely get my hopes up anyway.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@courtbauer 14m
There's going to be a sick announcement coming up soon from @RingofHonor. OMFG!!!
SamoaNOAH

Post by SamoaNOAH »

The company really feels like it finally has legit momentum. For the first time in over two years ... I feel something legitimately big could happen for them. Call me crazy ...