ROH 12th Anniversary Show DVD Packaging

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

ROH 12th Anniversary Show DVD Packaging

Post by Big Red Machine »

Just my copy of the Collector's Edition in the mail, and I have to say that I am REALLY unhappy. The bonus disc comes in a dopey little cardboard sleeve with some artwork on it, with NO WAY TO KEEP IT WITH SHOW DVD CASE.

I appreciate that they are trying to save space on our shelves by switching to the style of DVD cases that DGUSA and PWG use, but I really dislike these because they show cracks a lot and if the case gets damaged, there is no way to replace it.

And worst of all... THE ENTIRE INSIDE COVER OF THE DVD IS A F*CKING AD FOR THE GREAT STUFF YOU GET AS A RINGSIDE MEMBER. It is horribly intrusive.
ColourMeCurious

Re: ROH 12th Anniversary Show DVD Packaging

Post by ColourMeCurious »

Can you post a picture of it?
Big Red Machine

Not really. I'm not very tech savy and am still using a very old machine.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

They sell double disc cases at any store. They don't take up extra space either. They are the exact same size as regular cases. There is no excuse as to why ROH would cheap out.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I assume its because for the regular show they don't want to have to separate out regular and collectors editions.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Here's my buddy's video of him showing the new packaging: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kaQx8jXlSg#t=5m56s
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

I don't mind they have covers similar to PWG. But they should have done a 2 disc cover, for the limited edition of the 12th anniversary show. They could have a 2 disc cover similar to the one PWG used for their El Generico compilation.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yeah, that's pretty lame. They charge more for the collectors edition, would have thought the packaging would be be like in a collectors style casing. Wondering if it's going to be this way moving forward? I hope it eventually leads to lower prices for the consumer.

I don't quite get ROH's with pricing DVD's so high. I understand they have to get their money, but to me it seems like they'd selling 2x-3x as many if they started at say 10$. At their price point, it doesn't have to have real high demand.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Montana wrote:Yeah, that's pretty lame. They charge more for the collectors edition, would have thought the packaging would be be like in a collectors style casing. Wondering if it's going to be this way moving forward? I hope it eventually leads to lower prices for the consumer.

I don't quite get ROH's with pricing DVD's so high. I understand they have to get their money, but to me it seems like they'd selling 2x-3x as many if they started at say 10$. At their price point, it doesn't have to have real high demand.
I don't think too many promotions start at $10 for their stuff. Usually it's around 15. I generally try to wait until there's a sale that brings it down to that price anyhow since $20 is a bit steep. Mostly it's just patience.

But yeah, not using a 2 disc gatefold case is cheap out the ass. Like someone said they're the same size. I didn't realize they're going with the small lighter cases. Most of the promotions are, so no biggie, though. It'll take up less space for storing for me.
sideeffect

Post by sideeffect »

ROH's DVD pricing are basically Blu-ray price ranges. $20 for DVD is pretty steep nowadays, let alone $25 for a 2 Disc plus shipping really is overpriced. WWE Blu-rays are in the $20-$25 range and their DVDs are about $12-$15.

I think ROH should really step up their Ringside Membership, its a good concept but poorly executed and hardly incentives worthwhile, 15% discount is basically worthless since shipping kills the deal - shipping rate for 1 DVD to Canada is about $9. At least offer every show from 2002-2012/2013 instead of picking and choosing what to put.

ROH will always be a bush league company with their outdated practices. Internet streaming on devices like game consoles, Roku, Apple TV, and others are the future and yet ROH still haven't gotten the message.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Speaking as an international customer I HATE those crappy cardboard DVD covers. Absolutely loathe them. I've lost count of the amount of DGUSA/PWG and other DVDs that I've received damaged in transit.

They are flimsy as anything, the plastic disc holders ALWAYS break leaving the disc itself bouncing around getting scratched up loose inside the case

I literally can't stress enough how much I hate them! Really hope this is a one off as the 'collectors edition' version. Sure enough my 12th Anni DVD arrived this weekend, case broken, disc scratched and loose inside.

I'm not sure if it comes through clearly enough that I hate them ;)
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

I live in Europe, but not in the UK as you do. All my PWG DVDs arrive in excellent condition. Maybe it's the UK postal service that is to blame for this?
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

I can well believe that to be honest. I wouldn't like to even think how many problems I've had with the UK post office over the years

Nonetheless, I stand by my utter hatred of those crappy cardboard sleeves! I'm hoping it was the 'limited edition' packaging and we'll be back to plastic cases for Raising The Bar weekend which I've just ordered!!
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

McXal wrote: I literally can't stress enough how much I hate them! Really hope this is a one off as the 'collectors edition' version.
Has anybody gotten either Raising the Bar yet? Are those regular plastic cases?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Big Red Machine

McXal wrote:Speaking as an international customer I HATE those crappy cardboard DVD covers. Absolutely loathe them. I've lost count of the amount of DGUSA/PWG and other DVDs that I've received damaged in transit.

They are flimsy as anything, the plastic disc holders ALWAYS break leaving the disc itself bouncing around getting scratched up loose inside the case

I literally can't stress enough how much I hate them! Really hope this is a one off as the 'collectors edition' version. Sure enough my 12th Anni DVD arrived this weekend, case broken, disc scratched and loose inside.

I'm not sure if it comes through clearly enough that I hate them ;)
And when the case eventually breaks, you can't replace it by just slipping the artwork and the DVD into a different case like you can with the other ones.
FireStarta316

Post by FireStarta316 »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
McXal wrote: I literally can't stress enough how much I hate them! Really hope this is a one off as the 'collectors edition' version.
I got both nights of Raising the Bar and they are the same packaging as the 12 Anniversary show
Big Red Machine

FireStarta316 wrote:
GardenStateSaint wrote:
I got both nights of Raising the Bar and they are the same packaging as the 12 Anniversary show
Crap. Hopefully they at least don't do something stupid like this the next time they print a 2 DVD set.
Lord_Snow

Post by Lord_Snow »

Well good news, I just received the Jacobs/Whitmer Decade in the Making compilation and it does have space for both discs. Still cardboard though but at least there are 2 disc holders.
Big Red Machine

Lord_Snow wrote:Well good news, I just received the Jacobs/Whitmer Decade in the Making compilation and it does have space for both discs. Still cardboard though but at least there are 2 disc holders.
How is the interview on that? Worth buying for someone who already has all of the matches on DVD?
Lord_Snow

Post by Lord_Snow »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Lord_Snow wrote:Well good news, I just received the Jacobs/Whitmer Decade in the Making compilation and it does have space for both discs. Still cardboard though but at least there are 2 disc holders.
How is the interview on that? Worth buying for someone who already has all of the matches on DVD?
I have not had a chance to actually watch it yet. Just got it in the mail today. I did pop the 1st disc in to see the run time of the interview and it clocks in at about 1 hour 35 minutes.