Official Global Wars/War of the Worlds Super Thread!!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Global Wars/War of the Worlds Super Thread!!

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

HarpoonIPA wrote:
Mike0284 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Damn I wish I got one of those Okada Dollars....
There were still a ton on the stage so after the show ended I ran over and grabbed one.
Sell it to DXvsNWO1994 :lol:
Depends on the size lol
HarpoonIPA wrote:
BTW10 wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote: Remember, the internet is you're friend http://www.redbubble.com/people/piledri ... ?p=t-shirt
I guess if you wanna go on the cheap, get that one. But, the sleeves are missing the Bullet Club logo.
http://shop.njpw.co.jp/products/detail. ... uct_id=517
Does the New Japan shop have an English Version of the site? Wondering if it the site is hard to navigate if it's all Japanese....
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote:
Does the New Japan shop have an English Version of the site? Wondering if it the site is hard to navigate if it's all Japanese....
I'm using Chrome and it asks if I need it translated
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

Chrome should translate a lot of it for you, if that's an option for you.

The official Bullet Club tees are out of stock on the NJPW shop site. Yes, the Redbubble shirts are bootlegs. As mentioned previously, the side logo on the arm is missing. The lionmark NJPW logo is also missing from the back.

I'm sure they'll restock eventually.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

there were so many fake bullet club shirts and some of the idiots actually went in the autogrph line. I get you are showing you're a fan, but you are admitting you bootlegged their shit
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

It's not a big deal. It's kinda hard to get an original Bullet Club tee. NJPW doesn't ship to the US. So the bootleg Bullet Clubs are pretty common place at wrestling shows now.

You have to use either Tenso or another type of "address" service when ordering from the NJPW shop. It's kind of a hassle to be honest and can be expensive.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

HarpoonIPA wrote: Great pictures, did they ever announce what the attendance was? It looked filled to the rafters
If the show was a sell out and they sold the upper balconies, 2,600 or thereabouts.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote: Great pictures, did they ever announce what the attendance was? It looked filled to the rafters
If the show was a sell out and they sold the upper balconies, 2,600 or thereabouts.
It looked like the upper balconies were full on IPPV that is great for ROH
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Just finished watching the show, and another GREAT show by ROH.

And the ending was awesome! Bad Influence! And for anyone wondering, Kazarian was wearing his "Kazamania" shirt, not sure if people knew or not.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

RacingBoy wrote:Ok card but not as good as people are saying
Have you ever tried sticking you're tongue in an electrical socket? If not you may want to try it. It will do you're brain some good :lol:
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I'm seeing some websites break the whole, "ROH has taken TNA's BaseBrawl event's spot this year" news and some TNA fans reactions are priceless. First Bad Influence join ROH, now this.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

The MCU Park is a pretty good spot because it's in Coney Island and there will be a lot of tourists and casual fans who would give the show a shot just because it's something else to do in a place full of attractions.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

stay gold wrote:The MCU Park is a pretty good spot because it's in Coney Island and there will be a lot of tourists and casual fans who would give the show a shot just because it's something else to do in a place full of attractions.

It's a nice stadium, but having been to the first basebrawl event TNA did in 09', there were some drawbacks to having this event on a baseball field.

I really enjoy the intimacy that a venue like the Grand Ballroom or Hammerstein Ballroom provide, and that is definitely taken away. The ring was set up at home plate, with the first row for seating being set up right in front of where the baseball seating starts. To sum it up, even front row is a bit far away, let alone sitting in the seating above.

ROH will have a chance to draw more fans than they've ever drawn before, but I just don't want it to take away from the actually wrestling show and experience, the way the TNA shows felt there.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

Don't get me wrong. I rather watch wrestling, bands, etc in a smaller venue as well, but I meant it's a good spot in terms of drawing power. A big show on a summer night in Coney Island can do very well if marketed right.

The baseball set up is kind of old school too. Reminds me of the WWF in Shea Stadium or the big WWC shows in Puerto Rico.
Last edited by stay gold on Sun May 18, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

^ For sure. Plus, there will be fireworks that night, as is the case every Friday Night at Coney Island, so drawing power should be huge. Added note: If they do an autograph signing, it'll definitely be a bit more organized as they have a good amount of space to work with.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Damn I wish I got one of those Okada Dollars....
I was able to grab two of those sitting by the aisle :D
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Has anyone received the access codes for the VOD's on rohwrestling.com??? The shows are now available on the ROH Website to buy, but I haven't received any response regarding the access code.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Has anyone received the access codes for the VOD's on rohwrestling.com??? The shows are now available on the ROH Website to buy, but I haven't received any response regarding the access code.
When I messaged ROH on twitter they said that they're going to send the codes when they get most of peoples receipts.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

The First ROH show I've seen since Final Battle 2012.

***1/2 Lethal/KUSHIDA
Really fun match, Kushida was a crazy man in this match.

***3/4 Steen/Nakamura
Extremely good match, Steen against a top level opponent never disappoints.

**** Bucks/ReDragon
Great match, some awesome nearfalls in this one.

***1/4 Cole/Liger
A nice change of pace, finish was a little out of nowhere but always cool to see Liger.

***1/2 Styles/Elgin/Okada
The predictable result hurt the match a little, but still extremely good. Awesome to see Okada in an ROH ring.

All the other matches were decent too. This was an excellent show, really looking forward for the PPV debut next month.
Last edited by WrestlingMatters on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

Thought War of the Worlds was really good, not best show I saw but very enjoyable. I liked it so much, I'll happily give ROH some of my money again.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

If you haven't see the preshow, it is avalable on the ROHFree UStream channel.
You will notice they spoiled the 3-way main event.
That was another fantastic show !
All matches were good to really great. Special mention to Kushida - Lethal, it was way better than i expected, and to all the clean finish, an excellent point when you think about all the guys who was able to interfere.
I'm surprised there are not more talking about Bennett considering he did absolutely nothing in his match.
DOC/Anderson vs The Briscoes was disappointing. I expected something more...
Good job on commentary i think, Nigel really add something when he join the team. I was expecting Veda the first half but that didn't happen, unfortunately.
The crowd noise didn't translate well on iPPV. I saw some fan videos and that was totally different.
ImageImage