Official Global Wars/War of the Worlds Super Thread!!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

Re: Official Global Wars/War of the Worlds Super Thread!!

Post by fm20000 »

Is this BITW trailer anywhere.

And yeah best ROH show ever contender for me. Definitely best i've been to.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

IMO the ROH tag title match was the best match.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

fm20000 wrote:Is this BITW trailer anywhere.

And yeah best ROH show ever contender for me. Definitely best i've been to.
I agree. I think the last show I liked this much was Final Battle 2010.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:They should bring back the NJPW guys when they go to the baseball stadium in August. That will get the attendance record.
Huh? What show is that?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

lariat_tubman wrote:It depends what you mean by fans seeing through him.
Some guys are meant to be the bridesmaid, as proven by Davey Richards.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

On the train going back home and damn that was one amazing fucking show.
Once I'm home I'll give more of my thought on the show.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I'm disappointed there was no NJPW logo shirts at the merchandise table. Did the NJPW wrestlers sell their shirts at the autograph session?
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
ROHFanAnthony wrote:They should bring back the NJPW guys when they go to the baseball stadium in August. That will get the attendance record.
Huh? What show is that?
On August 15 ROH will be at mcu park in Brooklyn.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:I'm disappointed there was no NJPW logo shirts at the merchandise table. Did the NJPW wrestlers sell their shirts at the autograph session?
I heard they sold out fast when I was waiting on line for the meet & greet.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Yep, was about to post that. ROH isn't returning to the Hammerstein on August 15th.

Going to the stadium where the Brooklyn Cyclones play. What's interesting is that the venue holds 7500-8000 people. And it's outdoors.

Sounds like NJPW will be back in August because there's no fucking way ROH can draw close to that. Even with NJPW, I think 4,000+ would be a huge success.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Star ratings...I was at the show live so maybe a bit biased.

ACH/Taven/Ciampa vs Hooligans/Watanabe ***. Extra 1/4 for that fucking Air Jordan.
Jado/Gedo vs Roddy/BJ **1/2. Can't believe how good this was.
Lethal vs KUSHIDA ****. Fucking amazing precision and speed. So many holy shit moments. KUSHIDA is amazing.
Doc n Gun vs Briscoes ***
Steen vs Nakamura ****1/4
Tanahashi vs Bennett *** 1/2
Bucks vs reDRagon ****3/4 ROH MOTY bar none.
Liger vs Cole ***1/4. Loved Liger's offense. Cole is such a good heel.
AJ vs Elgin vs Okada ****

Best show I've ever seen. The pacing was good but I felt like some matches had to be rushed a little bit when it came to getting shit in. Either way, fucking incredible. Absolutely spectacular.

ROH and NJPW I love you.
brian

Post by brian »

I know that the belts had to come of the Bucks because they are hard too book reliably, but I think it's just about time for O'Reily to go single.
MattMinus

Post by MattMinus »

Absolutely incredible show. The young bucks stole the show as they usually do, but the main event, IGPW tag match, steen's, and lethal a we're all very good. The worst match on the show was decade vs jado and gedo,and it wasn't a bad match.

I feel bad for the guy sitting behind me, as he was subjected to the behavior of the drunken idiot next to me who wouldn't sit down and was cheering for such luminaries as "steam" and "jack sword". It's a shame, because the poor bastard was funny as hell trolling the streamer distribution guy.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:I'm disappointed there was no NJPW logo shirts at the merchandise table. Did the NJPW wrestlers sell their shirts at the autograph session?
There were but not many. I waited in line an hour early just to get the New Japan merch and I got everything I wanted. Was sold out in about a half hour after I bought mine.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

ROHFan25 wrote:Star ratings...I was at the show live so maybe a bit biased.

ACH/Taven/Ciampa vs Hooligans/Watanabe ***. Extra 1/4 for that fucking Air Jordan.
Lethal vs KUSHIDA ****. Fucking amazing precision and speed. So many holy shit moments. KUSHIDA is amazing.

Best show I've ever seen. The pacing was good but I felt like some matches had to be rushed a little bit when it came to getting shit in. Either way, fucking incredible. Absolutely spectacular.

ROH and NJPW I love you.
Considering that you're hard to please just like me, you have convinced me that I should get this show on DVD as soon as it's available. I also heard that the crowd was near Golden Age levels. Can you confirm that?
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

I can't put into words how awesome this show was. I will however say that there were FAR less idiots chanting stupid shit throughout the night, which is a big plus. Even the Twinkies chant was put to shame. The fuckhead who yelled "Fuck You Steen!" during Steen's goodbye promo was like 50 feet from me and was put in his place by us fans and he said nothing for the rest of the night. They need this hardcore crowd at every Hammerstein show so that the morons who don't watch the product don't get in.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Seriously though. Who the fuck told Cole to wrestle this way? Matt Hardy?

His matches all feel the same and always have a shit ending.

I get in the end we will get the big payoff of him finally losing the belt, but he was a WAY more entertaining wrestler before he won the title. Nigel was a heel, cheated, and all his matches were fucking great as champ. That's what cole should be aiming for

Being a douchebag heel doesnt mean you have to wrestle slow, boring and not fun. Just cheat in innovative ways, talk shit, and beat people like an asshole
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

supersonic wrote:
ROHFan25 wrote:Star ratings...I was at the show live so maybe a bit biased.

ROH and NJPW I love you.
Considering that you're hard to please just like me, you have convinced me that I should get this show on DVD as soon as it's available. I also heard that the crowd was near Golden Age levels. Can you confirm that?

The crowd live was great for pretty much everything, thought there were weak spots crowd-wise in the beginning of the Lethal/KUSHIDA match and the main event (burn out).

Everything flowed perfectly. Everybody worked their ass off. All the angles that were done were great. Not one bad match on the card. Bucks/reDRagon was a bit spotty, but it worked perfectly. Steen/Nakamura I think you'll love as well as Lethal/KUSHIDA. No cheap bullshit wins, just a great great show. 100% buy.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

fm20000 wrote:Seriously though. Who the fuck told Cole to wrestle this way? Matt Hardy?

I get in the end we will get the big payoff of him finally losing the belt, but he was a WAY more entertaining wrestler before he won the title. Nigel was a heel, cheated, and all his matches were fucking great as champ. That's what cole should be aiming for

Being a douchebag heel doesnt mean you have to wrestle slow, boring and not fun. Just cheat in innovative ways, talk shit, and beat people like an asshole
I think we'll see that vs Elgin. I thought the Liger/Cole match was actually a lot of fun. Didn't love the finish but Liger is a bit limited. I would like to see Cole work a little more entertaining based rather than pure heel based...but I love his character so much. It's something different.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

ROHFan25 wrote:
fm20000 wrote:Seriously though. Who the fuck told Cole to wrestle this way? Matt Hardy?

I think we'll see that vs Elgin. I thought the Liger/Cole match was actually a lot of fun. Didn't love the finish but Liger is a bit limited. I would like to see Cole work a little more entertaining based rather than pure heel based...but I love his character so much. It's something different.
I love his character too. The promos are always great and he plays a great asshole. But I just fucking hate the matches.

I want a Flairish heel from him. Not Randy Orton