Styles vs Elgin 2 In Baltimore

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
jordidebaas

Styles vs Elgin 2 In Baltimore

Post by jordidebaas »

***SPOILER ALERT***
The result for their first match is given away here.
The moment word broke that AJ Styles would be returning to Ring of Honor, fans began speculating who would face him first. What "dream matches" would ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness line up?

But by far the most requested, most wanted matchup? "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin.

Now airing on the latest episode of ROH TV, the first ever encounter between AJ Styles and Michael Elgin lived up to the hype of "dream match" in every way but one.

There was no winner.

That's right - after an epic battle pitting two of the most elite athletes in professional wrestling against each other, we were left without a definitive winner. The match was scheduled to have a 30 minute time limit. But no one expected that 30 minutes would expire without either man gaining the ultimate advantage in a pinfall or submission!

"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin wasn't around the last time AJ Styles was in Ring of Honor. But in TODAY'S ROH, Elgin is the man to beat. With his incredible strength and intensity, every single fight against Elgin looks and feels like an absolute war. Michael Elgin has been obsessively focused on proving he's the best wrestler in Ring of Honor - not just ROH today, but the entire history of the company.

Moreover, as of right now, AJ Styles is technically undefeated since he returned to Ring of Honor. He has defeated Roderick Strong, Jay Lethal, and Chris Hero - all the cream of the crop in pro wrestling today. But there remains that irritating asterisk on the AJ Styles win-loss record. A 30 minute draw in Philadelphia.

And a 30 Minute Draw isn't good enough for Michael Elgin. AJ Styles agrees - he came back to ROH to challenge the top athletes in the world and prove he's STILL the most "phenomenal." He needs to beat Michael Elgin just as badly as Elgin needs to defeat him.

There was really just one way for Nigel McGuinness to make things right. Get ready, Baltimore! When ROH returns April 19th, we're bringing you AJ STYLES VS. MICHAEL ELGIN 2!

At Supercard of Honor VIII this weekend, Elgin faces Kevin Steen for the chance at an IWGP Title match in New York City. That means that by the time he gets to Baltimore, his stock might be even higher than it already is.

But AJ Styles has shown that he's more than capable of keeping up with - and defeating - anything ROH throws at him. He is determined to keep his win streak intact.

If the first encounter between Elgjn and Styles is any indication, the second will be worth the price of admission all on its own! Baltimore, you don't want to miss this!

For tickets to SECOND TO NONE on April 19th, click right HERE

ROH Presents SECOND TO NONE
Saturday, April 19th, 2014

William J. Myers Pavilion
4300 West Bay Ave - Baltimore, Md 21225

DOORS OPEN 5:00PM / BELL TIME 6:00PM EST

MATCHES SIGNED:
CHARM CITY STREET FIGHT
"Mr Wrestling" Kevin Steen & Cliff Compton vs Outlaw Inc (Homicide & Eddie Kingston)

SIGNED TO APPEAR
ROH World Champion Adam Cole
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Styles vs Elgin 2 In Baltimore

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Since this show is getting a title, I'm presuming that, even though it's listed as "TV" in the events page on the ROH website, it will be treated like Wrestling's Finest where most of the show will be shown on TV (Part of my really doubts that they'll show the Street Fight on TV) but it will still come out on DVD.

Not surprised we're getting Elgin/Styles II here. Should be great.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

jordidebaas wrote:***SPOILER ALERT***
Yes, i have already made the mistake on the ROH website... :(
ImageImage
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Since this show is getting a title, I'm presuming that, even though it's listed as "TV" in the events page on the ROH website, it will be treated like Wrestling's Finest where most of the show will be shown on TV (Part of my really doubts that they'll show the Street Fight on TV) but it will still come out on DVD.

Not surprised we're getting Elgin/Styles II here. Should be great.
They've noted on their Facebook page this is a full TV taping, it's just a TV taping with a name. Maybe they're just trying something out.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

AssShooter wrote:
jordidebaas wrote:***SPOILER ALERT***
Yes, i have already made the mistake on the ROH website... :(
They got me too
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

What did you expect from an article announcing their rematch?

I'm not going to defend the poorly-managed website, but you're just asking to be spoiled there.
Last Real Man Hype
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

They gave the spoiler to the first match during the Styles/Hero match which was slightly annoying. Certain things ROH need to stop doing.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Lone Wolf wrote:They gave the spoiler to the first match during the Styles/Hero match which was slightly annoying. Certain things ROH need to stop doing.
Really ? I didn't even notice it. :shock:
ImageImage
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

AssShooter wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:They gave the spoiler to the first match during the Styles/Hero match which was slightly annoying. Certain things ROH need to stop doing.
Really ? I didn't even notice it. :shock:
Yeah it was early on in the match and they mentioned the encounter with Elgin and Styles being unbeaten.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The Dragon Saga wrote: They've noted on their Facebook page this is a full TV taping, it's just a TV taping with a name. Maybe they're just trying something out.
Isn't that basically what they did with Wrestling's Finest, because that entire show ended up being aired on the TV Show. I'm just wondering with regards to starting a thread on it. If it's like Wrestling's Finest then I'll probably start one after this weekend.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I pray to god that this will be a normal live show that will be shown on TV in its entirety! Booking Styles vs Elgin TWICE (!!!!!) at a TV Taping would infuariate me!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
The Dragon Saga

Wrestling's Finest was an event taped for TV, the Baltimore show is being advertised as a TV taping. There isn't much difference except the event isn't going to be a card of matches and instead will be mapped out for straight through taping, if you catch my drift. Either way there really isn't much of a difference.
The Dragon Saga

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Booking Styles vs Elgin TWICE (!!!!!) at a TV Taping would infuariate me!
Why? TV is the focal point of the product, why wouldn't they do it at a TV taping? In-fact It'd be stupid not to do it at a TV taping. It'll draw more people which is what they want.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Because we cannot watch the full match due to the ads. Booking such a dream match twice on TV is just frustrating from a fan perspective.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
The Dragon Saga

Well considering it's a titled event it might be a Road Rage type deal so if you really want to see the match fully it's even smarter because they'll be taking advantage of that by putting a DVD out, while also getting people in to watch the TV show. I honestly don't mind them cutting out a couple minutes for adverts, is what it is, happens with every wrestling company that has ever had a TV show.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Marketh. wrote:What did you expect from an article announcing their rematch?

I'm not going to defend the poorly-managed website, but you're just asking to be spoiled there.
I realise that, but it still sucks
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Because we cannot watch the full match due to the ads. Booking such a dream match twice on TV is just frustrating from a fan perspective.
I highly doubt you're missing anything interesting.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Well considering it's a titled event it might be a Road Rage type deal so if you really want to see the match fully it's even smarter because they'll be taking advantage of that by putting a DVD out, while also getting people in to watch the TV show. I honestly don't mind them cutting out a couple minutes for adverts, is what it is, happens with every wrestling company that has ever had a TV show.
I'm thinking it'll be a Road Rage type thing and it'll be released in some fashion. Otherwise they wasted a lot of time for a logo they're not gonna use.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:Well considering it's a titled event it might be a Road Rage type deal so if you really want to see the match fully it's even smarter because they'll be taking advantage of that by putting a DVD out, while also getting people in to watch the TV show. I honestly don't mind them cutting out a couple minutes for adverts, is what it is, happens with every wrestling company that has ever had a TV show.
I'm thinking it'll be a Road Rage type thing and it'll be released in some fashion. Otherwise they wasted a lot of time for a logo they're not gonna use.
I think what they're doing from here on out (after New Orleans) is scrapping the idea of TV Tapings and just having the TV Show consist mostly of Road Rages (like what was done with Wrestling's Finest).
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
TYFDK wrote:
I think what they're doing from here on out (after New Orleans) is scrapping the idea of TV Tapings and just having the TV Show consist mostly of Road Rages (like what was done with Wrestling's Finest).
Not the worst business plan, but not the best.

But there will be people later on down the line who will be interested in buying these shows, so they'll get SOME money for it.