Ring of Honor Wrestling presents The Future of Honor!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Hellfont93

Ring of Honor Wrestling presents The Future of Honor!

Post by Hellfont93 »

Ring of Honor Wrestling presents the FUTURE OF HONOR on April 18th, 2014 in Newville, PA!

March 17th, 2014 – The FUTURE OF HONOR will debut at the Big Spring Event Center at 2 Chestnut St in Newville, PA at 7:30pm on Friday, April 18th, 2014.

Our goal is to allow professional wrestlers who are Ring of Honor Prospects the opportunity to compete in the ring in officially sanctioned ROH matches under the banner FUTURE OF HONOR.

The FUTURE OF HONOR is an affordable event that is completely family friendly. Expect 8 big matches consisting exclusively of ROH seminar/try-out students, ROH Dojo graduates, as well as ROH Wrestlers Jay Lethal, The Briscoes, and ROH World Champion Adam Cole!

"We have discovered and developed so many talented wrestlers in the ROH system that we had to create opportunities for them to compete," Says ROH Play-by-Play Announcer Kevin Kelly. "We believe the Future of Honor can become part of the ROH Dojo and fans in Central PA will have the first chance to see history made for Ring of Honor."

Join us live on April 18th and experience the future.

Tickets are on sale HERE.

Big Spring Event Center
2 Chestnut St
Newville, PA 17241
http://www.bigspringeventcenter.com/
BELLTIME 7:30 PM
Doors Open: 6:30 PM

Wrestler Signed to Appear...
- Adam Cole
- Mark & Jay Briscoe
- Jay Lethal
- Delirious
- Brutal Bob & Cheeseburger
- Moose
- Jay Diesel
- Team Benchmark (Will Ferrara & Bill Daly)
- Jenny Rose
- Sam Shields
- Veda Scott
- Zizou Middoux
- KONGO
- Plus More!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Ring of Honor Wrestling presents The Future of Honor!

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Very interesting. Kind of surprised to see Cole, Lethal & The Briscoes on here, but it helps boost the card so I'm fine with it.

Basically, this is a revival of sorts of Pro Wrestling Respect, which ran shows in 2010-11 and featured ROH Dojo students plus some ROH guys like Delirious, Ricky Reyes, Prince Nana, and I believe Austin Aries. Should be an interesting event.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Pennsylvania, Newville is a small town just a few miles outside of Carlisle, PA and Harrisburg, PA (The State Capitol). It looks like it be similar to the "Wrestling Is..." Shows which ran in smaller towns in smaller venues. It's only an hour and a half from State College (which is where Penn State's Main Campus is located and where I currently attend school) so I might be able to go, though I'm not 100% on that.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

i like the idea that Cole (as ROH Champion), Lethal, and the Briscoes will be there. It's advertised a show of ROH Dojo graduates, which Lethal and the Briscoes are (for all intents and purposes, if not truly). And Cole is the champion, so, someone should get a shot.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Mattxx87 wrote:It's advertised a show of ROH Dojo graduates, which Lethal and the Briscoes are (for all intents and purposes, if not truly).
I don't think Lethal or the Briscoes even trained at the ROH dojo, if so it's never been mentioned anywhere or reference. If anything Cole is a semi-graduate because he mentioned in his Steen Show interview he trained at the dojo and lists Delirious as one of his trainers.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Good list of wrestlers so far. I've seen Moose live, and I think people will like him, a big guy who can move. Hoping to see many more, especially considering they did a tag team tryout, this would be a perfect time to get some of those talents in there. Andrew Everett, The Beaver Boys, so many i'd like to see included.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

This will be interesting, i hope they book Cole, Lethal and The Briscoes against young talent, wouldn´t mind to see Briscoes vs Team Benchmark or Moose vs Adam Cole
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Decent line-up actually for what this show is. And I like that a lot of the new guys have made an appearance or two before, so at least we recognize them.

Think this show will be a dvd bonus, or what?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Decent line-up actually for what this show is. And I like that a lot of the new guys have made an appearance or two before, so at least we recognize them.

Think this show will be a dvd bonus, or what?
Honestly, it should be a Ringside exclusive. They really need to build up that collection of things on there so more people are more inclined to become a member.

And I love the concept of this. There's gonna be more I'm assuming because the Twitter page referred to this as 'Future Of Honor ONE.'
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Ladrao12 wrote:Good list of wrestlers so far. I've seen Moose live, and I think people will like him, a big guy who can move. Hoping to see many more, especially considering they did a tag team tryout, this would be a perfect time to get some of those talents in there. Andrew Everett, The Beaver Boys, so many i'd like to see included.
Moose has been doing some work for Dragon Gate recently I think. Not bad.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Well the tickets are being sold for $10.00, which is less than normal shows, so I'd assume that a VOD would be less as well? Also, I'd imagine they'll probably add it as a bonus disk for a regular show (Like Death Before Dishonor VIII/Buffalo Stampede II and Underground/Rise & Prove) when it eventually comes out on DVD.

Also, I'm curious as to what Moose's deal is, since they recently started an angle in Dragon Gate USA where he's the bodyguard for The Bravados.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

ROH created a twitter for FUH- @FutureOfHonor if this work, they can make this ROH´s NXT type of thing.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Judging by the fact that this show is titled Future of Honor I, I assume we'll be getting more of these shows down the line. I know Ethan Page was at the most recent tryout. Fingers crossed that he'll be on this show.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

They could make next year's TPT a one night tournament on a Future of Honor show or something; could be pretty cool.
I'd rather not see an FOH Championship though. I always felt like the FIP Championship was a second rate belt, and didn't really need to be represented in ROH when they were doing stuff with FIP.
Last edited by Northwoods_Nightmare on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:They could make next year's TPT a one night tournament on a Future of Honor show or something; could be pretty cool.
I'd rather not see an FUH Championship though. I always felt like the FIP Championship was a second rate belt, and didn't really need to be represented in ROH when they were doing stuff with FIP.
I can't see them making a new belt for it. I hope Cole defends the belt vs someone there since he's booked.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Mattxx87 wrote:i like the idea that Cole (as ROH Champion), Lethal, and the Briscoes will be there. It's advertised a show of ROH Dojo graduates, which Lethal and the Briscoes are (for all intents and purposes, if not truly).
Not even close, dude.
MFKR78

Post by MFKR78 »

All sounded fine until KONGO. This guy should be nowhere near an ROH ring.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

It seems that Vinny Marseglia will be here too according to his twitter, or maybe he just want to hype the event.
ImageImage
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

FutureOfHonor ‏@FutureOfHonor 14 min
PSYCHO MIKE has signed for the first FUTURE OF HONOR event on 4/18/14 in Newville, PA... @iAmPsychoMike

Awesome pick-up here
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Glad Jenny Rose is getting a shot. She's a total babe.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

FutureOfHonor ‏@FutureOfHonor 12 h
Signed for the first FUTURE OF HONOR event on 4/18/14... VINNY MARSEGLIA @VinnyINKED

FutureOfHonor ‏@FutureOfHonor 1 min
#AllEgo has signed for the first FUTURE OF HONOR event on 4/18/14 in Newville, PA... @ethanpage89

ETHAN PAGE BOOKED!