Official Supercard of Honor VIII (New Orleans) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Re: Official Supercard of Honor VIII (New Orleans) Thread

Post by TYFDK »

Damn Lethal. Good damn promo.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Best promo I've ever seen Lethal do, Machismo or otherwise.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

That'd be cool if the reason Lethal is always in the hunt of the TV title and always wanting it is because he's secretly obsessed with being seen on TV and since losing it, he's gotten less attention and that's what he craves, the attention.

Run-on sentence probably, but I think it'd give Lethal more dynamic and a fun idea for his seemingly impending heel turn.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

They are building this to be special. They are building that title up big time here. They have a fun rivalry, but a personal rivalry, and it feels great for such a big show. Last year Lethal stole the show, and, I have a feeling he might be able to again. Outside those huge main events we have, Lethal/Ciampa adds another great dynamic to a stacked card. I hope we get some more promos from both guys. I've always loved Television Titles because they set the seeds for heels so well.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

A lot of Flair-like mannerisms in that promo.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:A lot of Flair-like mannerisms in that promo.
100% Agree. Angry Jay Lethal sounds A LOT like Ric Flair.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

I didn't even hit play and I wanted to watch this because Roddy looks like he means business with that haircut and shirt in the stop frame.

BJ Whitmer is no Tully Blanchard, but, they both have that quality "stand in the back and laugh and grin" thing down pat
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

So excited for Ced vs. Roddy, hopefully we get a rollup victory by Ced so we can get a couple more matches between these two.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I'm predicting upset win over Roddy, big celebration, Cedric gets his moment. Next night, Cedric gets the shit beat out of him before the match with BJ and it gets called off, provided they get to do it without the obligatory ROH security/students/referees team brawl.
Last Real Man Hype
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Is this going to be the last Supercard of Honor? WWE basically made it impossible to run around WM31 next year
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

fm20000 wrote:Is this going to be the last Supercard of Honor? WWE basically made it impossible to run around WM31 next year
I'm still confused about that. So they can't run in just Santa Clara or is there like a larger area they can't run?

Also, this looks like it might only affect ROH because apparently Gabe has already secured venues in the area for next year.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

There has been Supercard of Honor's not on Wrestlemania Weekend though so it will not be in the end of the name. It may be the end of the WM weekend shows though. ROH could still run in California but in a different city. The ROH TV show is played in Fresno and Bakersfield. Fresno is like 2.5 hours away from Santa Clara. Maybe they could run there? It may be too far for a lot of Wrestlemania goers though.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
fm20000 wrote:Is this going to be the last Supercard of Honor? WWE basically made it impossible to run around WM31 next year
I'm still confused about that. So they can't run in just Santa Clara or is there like a larger area they can't run?

Also, this looks like it might only affect ROH because apparently Gabe has already secured venues in the area for next year.
I do believe the megamanical asshole can only blackmail the city into closing off city owned venues. Meaning he either buys out all of the privately owned ones or they are still available.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The thing is, the San Francisco Bay Area is massive. Even if ROH can't run in Santa Clara (which itself is it's own city), they can run elsewhere in the area. The city of San Francisco itself is a decent drive away from Santa Clara, so they could run somewhere in San Francisco (which may be better?)....
KL_

Post by KL_ »

From ROH Twitter:
JUST SIGNED... the New Streak is on the line in 1 week when RD Evans faces Silas Young at Supercard of Honor!
Hey, maybe RD Evans is the person that can beat Adam Cole for the ROH World title ? ;)
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

KL_ wrote:From ROH Twitter:
JUST SIGNED... the New Streak is on the line in 1 week when RD Evans faces Silas Young at Supercard of Honor!
Hey, maybe RD Evans is the person that can beat Adam Cole for the ROH World title ? ;)
He's said that right now, he wants to focus on defending #thenewstreak instead of going for the world title.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Mmmmh... the Matt Taven mysterious opponent is not Silas Young.
Like i said, the last match will probably be The Decade vs Adrenaline RUSH.
So it's not someone signed to appear because i doubt it will be Matt Hardy.
ImageImage
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

[quote="fm20000"]Is this going to be the last Supercard of Honor? WWE basically made it impossible to run around WM31 next year[/quote

No the WWE has not made it impossible for ROH to run during WM31. The WWE is running in Santa Clara county , which is where the city of San Jose is located. The WWE has a deal where all publicly owned public cannot be used for wrestling events during WM31 weekend.

However we live in a free market and any privately owned building can be used for Wrestling . The WWE cannot block free enterprise.

Santa Clara county is located in the South Bay region of the San Fransisco Bay Area . The East Bay region is in other counties. That hold the city of Oakland and the massive eastern suburbs. That area has many venues . It is about 30 to 60 minutes form San Jose.

Then there is the city of San Francisco and the rest of the towns to the South. Also the North Bay area is on the other side of the Golden Gate. Thee are multiple of small colleges, community centers , large high gyms , etc. to have Wrestling. The WWE is just trying to keep the indies out of the immediate San Jose area.

I used to liove in the Bay Area , it is massive. It is the 5 th or 6 th largest metro region in the USA. Plenty of room for ROH during WM 31 weekend
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Not looking forward to the 2 out of 3 falls match considering how ROH book them now along with the RIngmaster challenge.
Quick falls in a 20 minute match that should be long and epic is [cornette]