Official "Flyin' High" (Dayton, Ohio 3/22) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Official "Flyin' High" (Dayton, Ohio 3/22) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ring of Honor returns to one of its most historic venues as the final stop on the Road to Supercard of Honor VIII! Here are the matches announced with other talent scheduled to appear:

Flyin' High
Dayton, Ohio 3/22/14

- "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Chris Hero
- The Briscoes vs. ROH World Champion Adam Cole & Michael Bennett (with Maria Kanellis)
- ROH World TV Title - "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matt Taven
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Cedric Alexander
- Kevin Steen vs. Bobby Fish
- Six-Man Tag Team Match - The Decade vs. Caprice Coleman & Adrenaline RUSH
- Four-Corner Survival - The Romantic Touch vs. Silas Young vs. "Barrister" RD Evans vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Keep all discussions here...
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.
jordidebaas

Re: Official "Flyin' High" (Dayton, Ohio 3/22) Thread

Post by jordidebaas »

The Young Bucks are not booked for the New Japan Cup so far, which takes place around the same time as this show, so I think there's a good chance they will be on this show too.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

You do this better than I do. Thank you, DX.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Thought they'd have announced more of a roster with two weeks to go, but what we have announced so far looks pretty good. Interesting that according to the Chicago wrapup video the tag match will be the main event, not Styles vs. Hero. Hoping for the Young Bucks, Steen, the Decade and Adrenaline Rush in particular.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

jordidebaas wrote:The Young Bucks are not booked for the New Japan Cup so far, which takes place around the same time as this show, so I think there's a good chance they will be on this show too.
Problem is if The Young Bucks were going to be in Dayton they probably would have announced it by now.
TYFDK wrote:You do this better than I do. Thank you, DX.
You're Welcome!
BigTChamp wrote:Interesting that according to the Chicago wrapup video the tag match will be the main event, not Styles vs. Hero.
Yeah that does seem weird. Maybe it was a slip up on Nigel's part. Everyone knows that Hero/Styles is the real Main Event.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Ya theres no way that Hero vs. Styles doesn't Main Event this show.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

jordidebaas wrote:The Young Bucks are not booked for the New Japan Cup so far, which takes place around the same time as this show, so I think there's a good chance they will be on this show too.
I can see them making this show (I mean come on...it's called "Flyin' High") and the TV tapings in Baltimore. And of course the shows in May.

If the Bucks do make it to this show, I would love to see them defend against Adrenaline RUSH. That would definitely make the show live up to its name.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

- ROH WORLD TV CHAMPION: Tommaso Ciampa
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen
- reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)
- The DECADE (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs)
- Matt Taven
- "The Last Real Man" Silas Young
- Cedric Alexander
- Caprice Coleman
- Adrenaline RUSH (ACH & Tadarius Thomas)
- "The Barrister" RD Evans
- The Romantic Touch
From the event page.. should be some pretty good matches possible with just about any combination of guys on that list.. still hoping for a Young Bucks announcement, but I wouldn't be shocked if they weren't added.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Ciampa back will be an added boost. They still plan on showing his matches from Europe on TV. Should be cool to see those.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

First row is sold out, second row is nearly so, but third row has 50+ still available, and 4th row has over 40. I hope they can push a lot of tickets in the last couple weeks and continue the recent streak of strong turnouts, because the last Dayton shows didn't draw all that well, nor did the Cincy show back in December.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Hero is the hometown Hero for Dayton, so that should help, I would think.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

BigTChamp wrote:First row is sold out, second row is nearly so, but third row has 50+ still available, and 4th row has over 40. I hope they can push a lot of tickets in the last couple weeks and continue the recent streak of strong turnouts, because the last Dayton shows didn't draw all that well, nor did the Cincy show back in December.
I was really disappointed when the last Cincy show didn't draw all that well. There were tons of seats open on the non-hard cam side. Hopefully Dayton draws well, because I'll be there, and they haven't been to Dayton in almost two years, so hopefully they'll have some returners, as well as some new fans from Columbus, and maybe even Cleveland or Toledo.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BigTChamp wrote:First row is sold out, second row is nearly so, but third row has 50+ still available, and 4th row has over 40. I hope they can push a lot of tickets in the last couple weeks and continue the recent streak of strong turnouts, because the last Dayton shows didn't draw all that well, nor did the Cincy show back in December.
From what I can remember, I think last show in The Fairgrounds (Survival of the Fittest 2011) drew really well. The last Dayton Show ROH did was in the Hara Arena for Rising Above 2012 (why they moved there I have no idea) and the attendance wasn't that good (it came off horribly on DVD).
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I was at both shows live, Survival of the Fittest drew ok but not great, there were noticeable empty stretches in the reserved seating and they didn't have all the bleachers out. Rising Above had no business being in that arena, but even if you put that crowd in the Fairgrounds I think it would have been a bit disappointing. I bought a GA ticket the day of the show and ended up sitting in a large empty stretch in the second row. I think that was the point they decided to give Dayton a break as those were two of the most significant cards Dayton had gotten in a year or two, and the first to have television to promote them and still couldn't draw what they were doing in 2010.
sg86

Post by sg86 »

TYFDK wrote:
I was really disappointed when the last Cincy show didn't draw all that well. There were tons of seats open on the non-hard cam side. Hopefully Dayton draws well, because I'll be there, and they haven't been to Dayton in almost two years, so hopefully they'll have some returners, as well as some new fans from Columbus, and maybe even Cleveland or Toledo.
I'm heading down from Columbus. They really botched that November deal by running Cincy and Columbus two weeks apart.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

sg86 wrote:
TYFDK wrote:
I'm heading down from Columbus. They really botched that November deal by running Cincy and Columbus two weeks apart.
Eh, I didn't mind it. I sat in the 5th or 6th row at the Cincy show, then first row for Columbus. Can definitely see people not wanting to do that, however.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Bring back Alex Shelley could help too. He is avalaible and the show is named Flyin' High.
ImageImage
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Our big Dayton return is about to get even bigger! Ring of Honor is definitely FLYIN' HIGH in 2014. On March 22nd, we hit the Montgomery County Fairgrounds for a full night of the best professional wrestling on the planet.

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
“Sicilian Pyschopath” Tommaso Ciampa vs former champion Matt Taven

Tommaso Ciampa has not been seen in ROH since the 12th Anniversary weekend, but that's not to say he's been forgotten. On the contrary, Ciampa has been making history and sending a message to Ring of Honor from across the Atlantic while he successfully defends the TV Title on his European tour. Matt Taven has been sending a message of his own as he continues to intensify his career - including a hard fought battle for the World Championship in Milwaukee.

Despite his efforts to shake him, Matt Taven continues to be haunted by the specter of Truth Martini wherever he goes. Will Truth be in Dayton "scouting" this match? Taven is the man Ciampa defeated to become TV Champion in the first place. But before losing the title, Taven was the longest reigning TV Title holder in ROH history. Now he has the opportunity to make history again and become a 2 time champion when he gets his rematch against Tommaso Ciampa in Dayton!

"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Cedric Alexander

Once known primarily as a member of an exciting tag team with Caprice Coleman, in recent months Cedric Alexander has been trying to establish himself as a singles competitor in Ring of Honor. And his stock continues to fly higher and higher with every match. Regardless of the outcome, Cedric is out to prove he can go toe-to-toe with anyone on the ROH roster, anytime.

As Cedric's recent conflicts with Roderick Strong have shown, he's more than willing to stand up for himself and his talent. On March 22nd, he has a huge opportunity when he takes on "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin! One of the most elite talents in the world, Elgin is a true test for anyone - not just in ROH, but in all of professional wrestling. You want to see this live at FLYIN' HIGH!

"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. Bobby Fish

After just losing the ROH World Tag Team Titles to The Young Bucks in Chicago Ridge, reDRagon are set to display their singles wrestling skills in Dayton. Kevin Steen has recently had his own distractions to deal with - and they've come in the form of Eddie Kingston and Homicide. How will the hard fought loss to The Bucks affect the always confident Bobby Fish? Have Outlaw Inc. gotten into the head of Kevin Steen?

We'll find out when they step into the ring against each other on March 22nd! Bobby Fish's partner Kyle O'Reilly recently fought Steen in a hard hitting match showcased on ROH TV. Fish vs. Steen is a first time match for Ring of Honor so you don't want to miss it!

In addition to the matches there will be a pre event autograph signing, details to follow soon.

Tickets to FLYIN' HIGH are available by clicking right HERE!

Ring of Honor Wrestling Presents
FLYIN' HIGH
Saturday, March 22nd, 2014

Montgomery County Fairgrounds
1043 S Main St - Dayton, OH 45409
(937) 224-1619
Doors Open 6:30pm - 7:30pm Bell Time

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH
Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe vs. Adam Cole & Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis

FIRST TIME IN ROH
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. "Knockout Artist" Chris Hero

Also Signed to Appear...
- Kyle O'Reilly
- The DECADE (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs)
- "The Last Real Man" Silas Young
- Caprice Coleman
- Adrenaline RUSH (ACH & Tadarius Thomas)
- "The Barrister" RD Evans
- The Romantic Touch
sg86

Post by sg86 »

I'm guessing they fill out the card with:

DECADE vs. ACH/Thomas/Coleman
Romantic Touch vs. Kyle O'Reilly
Young vs. Evans (Taven or Scarlett costs Young the match somehow)
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Those sound really good! I'm sure Ciampa/Taven will be good. Elgin/Alexander just might give Styles/Hero a run for MOTN, and I have a feeling Steen/Fish has the potential to be extremely entertaining.