My Collection: What Am I Missing?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

My Collection: What Am I Missing?

Post by Mattxx87 »

Death Before Dishonor
At Our Best
Reborn: Stage 1
World Title Classic
Glory by Honor III
Joe vs Punk II
AllStar Extravaganza II
Final Battle 2004
Manhattan Mayhem
Nowhere to Run
Punk: The Final Chapter
Joe vs Kobashi
Unforgettable
Enter the Dragon
Final Battle 2005
Unscripted II
4th Anniversary Show*
Best in the World*
DragonGate Challenge*
Supercard of Honor*
Better Than Our Best*
Throwdown
Generation Now
Unified
Glory By Honor V: Night 1
Glory by Honor V: Night 2
Fifth Year Festival: Chicago*
Fifth Year Festival: Liverpool*
Fifth Year Festival: Finale*
Manhattan Mayhem II
6th Anniversary Show
Driven (2007)
Race to the Top Tournament: Night 2
Man Up!
Respect is Earned
Tag Wars 2008
Supercard of Honor III
Return Engagement
Death Before Dishonor VIII
Rising Above 2008
The Hunt Begins+Tag Title Classic
Richards vs Daniels
Final Battle 2010
Glory By Honor XI
11th Anniversary
Glory By Honor XII
Pursuit: Night 1
12th Anniversary

(I also have 10 VODs for 2013-2014 shows that I dont have on DVD)

Now then, I'm not a huge fan of anything 2002-2003 (Except whats listed for amazing matches), the production value kicked up a little bit in 2004 and onwards. I also didn't like the Summer of Punk as much as everyone else. I'm also not a fan of the product in general from 2009-2011. I obviously can't buy every DVD ever made, but, I'd like some recommendations of things I may be missing or overlooking, and why (So I can know what is special about that DVD and explain why I may not want it). Guys like stay gold, and ninetwentyfour have both been extremely generous and helpful allowing me to build this collection immensely.
Last edited by Mattxx87 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SteenMark23

Re: My Collection: What Am I Missing?

Post by SteenMark23 »

I'd give the 09-11 era more of a chance. Especially 2010. Just a fantastic year with so many amazing matches on nearly every show. You definitely need Death Before Dishonor VIII. One of the best shows in ROH history with the main event being arguably the MOTY. Here's the list of shows I'd recommend:

Every Supercard of Honor

Main Event Spectacles, (AJ/Dragon MOTYC, Joe/Punk/Daniels/Corino, REXPLEX!) although I'd recommend any 2003-2004. Truly a tremendous era.

Final Showdown, to complete the greatest triple shot in ROH history (Manhattan Mayhem, Final Showdown, Nowhere To Run)

All of Summer of Punk. Death Before Dishonor III (I have, Punk/Aries MOTYC) Sign of Dishonor, Escape From New York (I have), Fate of An Angel, The Homecoming, Redemption.

All of the Milestone Series. Especially Better Than Our Best. Top to bottom, probably the best show in ROH history.

Death Before Dishonor IV. Climax of the ROH/CZW feud.

Final Battle 2006, one of the best shows in ROH history.

Good Times Great Memories. Briscoes/MCMG, Morishima/Shingo. Amazing show.

Glory By Honor VI Night 2. Misawa in ROH. Enough said.

Death Before Dishonor VI. Amazing show.

Northern Navigation. Canada debut. Nigel/Steen MOTYC.

Final Battle 2008. Danielson/Morishima blow off, Nigel/Marufuji II, Aries/Tyler.

Bitter Friends Stiffer Ememies II (I have.) Steen/Corino vs Generico/Cabana bloodbath, Tyler/Hero, Davey/Roddy

Death Before Dishonor VIII (I have.) As previously mentioned, Davey/Tyler MOTYC, Briscoes/KOW, Steen/Generico, Daniels/Omega.

Obviously, almost any ROH show that you can get at an affordable price is worth adding to your collection, but these are the essential, must see, best shows in ROH history.

What I have:
Final Showdown
Death Before Dishonor III
Escape From New York
Supercard of Honor IV (Davey/KENTA MOTYC)
Bitter Friends Stiffer Enemies II
Death Before Dishonor VIII

I'd recommend checking out McXal's review site if you wanna pick and choose to see which shows are highly regarded. Also SandersRobin24 on YouTube. He's reviewed just about every show in ROH history.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

These would be two of the most reliable reviewers for ROH out there:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/dunn

http://jzsaysretrohreviews.wordpress.com/
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

I know of McXal, that's how I found this forum lol. He's the one that got me hooked on ROH! :D
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

As for 2009-2010... I hated the Tyler/Aries/Omega era. Great matches I'm sure but I can't stand any of them ... Also.. Black/Rollins is a great wrestler, I just couldn't stand him in the main event as a face or heel in ROH.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Mattxx87 wrote:As for 2009-2010... I hated the Tyler/Aries/Omega era. Great matches I'm sure but I can't stand any of them ... Also.. Black/Rollins is a great wrestler, I just couldn't stand him in the main event as a face or heel in ROH.
You also had the awesome Steen/Generico feud, KOW being the best tag team in the world, Davey having amazing matches every show, and just about every show being great. At the very least I'd recommend checking out Death Before Dishonor VIII. It's a special piece of ROH history.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

Steen/Generico is probably the saving grace there.

I'm going to have to grab NXT Arrival when it comes out on DVD.

OH....this isn't a ROH show? Sorry, I was confused by all this workrate and high star matches on a WWE television. :roll: