How did YOU get into ROH?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Braggis

How did YOU get into ROH?

Post by Braggis »

I noticed there are some new people posting on here. And old fans alike to share how they got interested in ROH.

Don't be discouraged. There may be a few flaming dickwads about but - generally - this seems to be a pretty cool open format to discussion.

Personally I got into ROH in mid 2012 around the time Kevin Steen took off.
isles11

Re: How did YOU get into ROH?

Post by isles11 »

2007. I started to watch some of Punk's indy stuff, and also I kept hearing about ROH, and how amazing it was, so I decided to check it out for myself. Looked up tickets saw they were coming to NY in November(this was September or October dont really remember.) My first show was Glory by Honor 6 night 2 with Misawa defending the GCH Heavyweight Championship against KENTA. Ive only missed 2 shows since then, both on double shots. Rise Above the night before Final Battle 2007, and the TV tapings during WM weekend. Well technically 3 I didnt go to the Long Island show the night before 6th Anny Show.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

After watching AJ and Roddy wrestle on the first episode of TNA on Spike I looked online for more of their work and found ROH.
boourns

Post by boourns »

Joe vs. Kobashi
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Christopher Daniels vs. Eddie Edwards on HD Net. Been hooked ever since.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I'm watching wrestling since 2007 and in 2009 I wanted to look for something more than only WWE. I watched a few matches on ROH on HDNet but in 2010 (Big Bang iPPV) I started watching ROH regularly.
rrg251

Post by rrg251 »

Mike Johnson was offering a bus trip from NYC to the RexPlex for All-Star Extravaganza II. The price was right, and even though I had hardly heard of any of the guys on the card (except Chad Collyer, believe it or not), I was itching to see some live wrestling.
SamoaNOAH

Post by SamoaNOAH »

Samoa Joe's title reign
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

Reading McXal's ROH reviews on yolasite. I was looking for detailed reports, and he managed to have all of them in his database. I have spoken with him multiple times. Great guy. Since then, I have transitioned from a casual fan to definitely a hardcore fan. I find myself less and less interested in WWE, except for the guys I want to watch (Bryan, Orton, Cody, ..and Punk but..), and more and more interested in ROH. The match that hooked me was Steen-Generico FB 2010. Read about it about a year later and was hooked. Watched it, wanted to watch more of the story and got invested in the product.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

CM Punk's shoot promo.
MOOSE!
QuilsQ

Post by QuilsQ »

I was channel surfing one day and came across ROH on HDNet. It was the finals of the TV title tournament. I've been hooked ever since.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

It was 2004 and I was sick of WWE. Looked online for something different, saw a DVD being advertised with Raven on the cover who I liked, so I bought it. It was The Conclusion. It was awesome. I was only 8 years old at the time so I didn't have the money to buy all the DVD's, but I'd do little jobs so my parents would buy me one a month. I also got to go to Unified 2006 in Liverpool which was awesome. Loved it ever since, although 2011 - mid 2012 was pretty tough.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

Shit I'm 27 and don't have money to buy all the DVDs.

:D
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Before ROH Respect is Earned, I only read about ROH and what an awesome wrestler someone named Bryan Danielson was. PWinsider vehemently recommended people order the ppv, so i did. Have been a fan since.
Last edited by ROHFanAnthony on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

When Danielson/Mcguinness signed with WWE/TNA it created a lot of buzz, so I decided to check out their ROH stuff before they got to tv. I also knew a number of other WWE/TNA guys that I was a big fan of had wrestled in ROH at some point in there career too, so I found matches involving Punk, Joe, Sydal, Daniels, AJ, etc.

I loved what I saw, and started following the product closely with the thought that it can't be an accident that so many great wrestlers came from the same place. There must be others in ROH that are just as good.
Since then I've gone back and watched a ton of old stuff and educated myself as well as I can on the major feuds, matches, etc in company history.
felkerpat

Post by felkerpat »

I saw a highlights video on Youtube of Davey Richards vs. Tyler Black from DBD VIII and tried to find as much stuff from the company on youtube as I could. Then I found out they had a show on HDNet so i started watching it and I've been doing it ever since.
Saying a wrestler isn't good because they're not in WWE is like saying a musician isn't good because they're not in Nickelback - Chuck Taylor
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I remember it was Dragon/KENTA at Glory By Honor V Night 2. Though what it was about the hype surrounding that match that possessed me to check out ROH, I can't remember. It's not like it was the first time I'd been hearing MOTY praise for ROH, so I'm not sure what made it so different that I had to get the DVD.
Last Real Man Hype
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Ironically enough it was through TNA and the X-Division. In 2004, started searching for some Low-Ki, Amazing Red, AJ Styles matches online and stumbled upon those "Era of Honor Begins" and "First Anniversary" triple threat matches and I was pretty much hooked.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:Before ROH Respect is Earned, I only read about ROH and what an awesome wrestler someone named Bryan Danielson was. PWinsider vehemently recommended people order the ppv so i did. Have been a fan since.
There was a message board that I frequented (still do) that had a thread about that PPV. I decided to check it out. I was starting to get tired of the WWE, and wrestling in general, until I checked that out. I got the last showing of the first PPV, and got the first showing of every single PPV after from Driven '07 to Take No Prisoners '09.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

A few months after I got into wrestling, (around 2010) I started watching every WWE PPV since 2000. After two years, I had almost finished catching up, but I felt like watching something different every now and then. I had heard about ROH a few times before. I started watching a few random matches, and then found out they had a few months if the SBG shows on their youtube channel, and that's how I got into the current product.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15