Tag Wars 2008

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kingkurteous

Tag Wars 2008

Post by kingkurteous »

Tag Wars 2008

The Age of the Fall are chilling somewhere by a building. Jimmy Jacobs is hot mess it looks like. He doesn't want to talk about Lacey. Him and Tyler Black have the MCMG tonight.

Dave Prazak goes over the line-up before being interrupted by Shane Hagadorn. Bad news: Adam Pearce isn't going to be here. Good news: Pelle Primeau dyed his hair.

Ernie Osiris, Mitch Franklin & Pelle Primeau vs Danny Daniels, Michael Elgin & Michael Nakazawa.....Hey it's Elgin! That's about all to report. Nakazawa looks very green. Elgin gets pinned by Pelle which makes no sense whatsoever but ok.

Rhett Titus vs Silas Young....decent matchup between these lower card guys. Titus lost after Silas hits some crazy headstand into a slingshot pinfall move. Not bad guys.

Larry Sweeney & Chris Hero are backstage. I feel the return of Bobby Dempsey is looming.

Jigsaw vs Joey Matthews.....thumbs up to Allison Wonderland and her outfits. Matthews tried to use his chain as a weapon but referee Sinclair caught it. Jigsaw wins after reversing a pinfall by Joey into his own crucifix pin. Meh, I guess Joey is doing his job putting over the talent.

Delirious is hyped up for his match tonight. Daizee Haze has his back too.

Kevin Steen and El Generico vs Nigel McGuiness & Claudio Castagnoli....putting Nigel and Claudio together is awkward. War of words before the match beteween Steen and the champion. Match was pretty entertaining and in the end it was the Ricola Bomb pinning Generico.

Bobby Dempsey looks fat as he apologizes to Hero for costing him the title back in Edison.

Necro Butcher vs Delirious.....this was your typical falls count anywhere match that involves Necro. Daizee makes an appearance chasing Allison Wonerland off. The Butcher wins this battle after delivering a backbreaker on chairs to Delirious. Necro needed the win so I'm ok with the outcome.

The Guns are here and Alex Shelley gives a good promo.

Jack Evans & Ruckus vs Chris Hero & Brent Albright.........Evans and hero start this one off. Good double teaming by the Vulture Squad throughout. Brent catches Evans and tosses him into the guardrail. Powerslam gets Sweet N Sour a 2 count. Hero takes Ruckus out giving Albright the chance at a pin attempt but he only gets 2. Ruckus gets the hot tag and pins Hero after a flipping moonsault move. Not a bad showing by the Squad.

Akota Ibushi & Austin Aries vs The Briscoe Brothers.....Good to see Aries wasn't MIA for too long. This was non title and action from start to finish. I guess that's to be expected with a Dragon Gate star involved. Aries gets a hotb tag and hits his signature moves minud thr brsinbuster/450 combo. In the end though, it's the tag champs picking up the victory with a springboard spike Jay Driller. Best match on the show thus far.

In the back we have Daizee Haze and Delirious. He does the best he can in an attempt to ask her out. He can't get the words out though so she walks away. Poor fella.

Motor City Machine Guns vs Age of the Fall......nice pop for the returning Shelley and Sabin. They were in control for the first ten mins or so until Tyler Black tosses Shelley into the guardrail giving the AOTF some much needed offense. Both teams land superkicks a plenty. Paroxysm from Black for a 2 count, followed by a tree of woe dropkick to both members of the Guns. Sabin gets in there like a house on fire and lands a German suplex for a real close pinfall attempt. Shelley locks in the border city stretch on Black but Jacobs breaks it up and applies End Time submission. The next five minutes consists of both teams getting nearfalls until Jimmy Jacobs pisses the crowd off by earning his tean the win with End Time. Great tag team match, made up for a very boring undercard.

As the AOTF celebrate backstage Jimmy asks about Lacey and Joey has to tell him thast she ran off with Aried after making out with him.

Had it not been for the last two matches this show would only get a 3 but I will go with 6.5 because of the two matches I just mentioned. Anyways, thanks for reading guys!
"Just for today, my thoughts will be on my recovery"
Marketh.

Re: Tag Wars 2008

Post by Marketh. »

Jigsaw vs Joey Matthews is probably one of the most unsung ROH matches ever. No one talked about it then, no one talks about it in hindsight. I remember being very surprised at how good it was.
Last Real Man Hype
kingkurteous

Re: Tag Wars 2008

Post by kingkurteous »

I wish Joey wasn't jobbed out at every show during this time. He could have added credibility to the Age of the Fall. The match with Jigsaw was better than most of the other matches on this show however.
"Just for today, my thoughts will be on my recovery"