What will the HonorCon announcement be?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

What will the HonorCon announcement be?

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So the day after the 12th Anniversary, ROH are holding a free admission event called HonorCon, which while it seems nice could have had a bit more effort placed into it. Arm wrestling tournaments and photo ops with the ROH stage aside, the most interesting parts will obviously be the Q&A and the "special announcement" ROH will be making, which seems to be the main event of the day prior to the TV taping.

Some rumors are going around on what it could be. AJ Styles announced for Supercard, NJPW to feature at Border Wars, a return to iPPV or a deal to do live PPV, but does anybody think It'll be something different?

I have a feeling whatever it is, it will be big. So I'm siding with the NJPW announcement but more specifically that a big name will appear at Border Wars. Who knows, maybe they've gone balls to the wall and Sinclair have given Greg some more cash to pay for US visas for the talent so they can feature at Supercard or BITW, but either way, lets make a discussion out of this cause it seems to be the main attraction of that day.
BTW10

Re: What will the HonorCon announcement be?

Post by BTW10 »

There's already an HonorCon thread.
The Dragon Saga

BTW10 wrote:There's already an HonorCon thread.
But not specifically for the announcement, this isn't discussing the HonorCon event, it's discussing the specific announcement, real easy to understand.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I'm guessing the long-rumored NJPW cross over.

I would also like for it to be some kind of TV special on AXS TV or a similar channel.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
BTW10 wrote:There's already an HonorCon thread.
But not specifically for the announcement, this isn't discussing the HonorCon event, it's discussing the specific announcement, real easy to understand.
Actually the announcement is a part of HonorCon so this thread is still discussing the event itself. ;)
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

The return of Gabe Sapolsky as head booker of ROH.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I guess it will either be the announcement for Border Wars and the subsequent NYC show a week later (still hoping we really get that ROH vs NJPW cross-over, this would be my biggest mark out since the box with Generico's mask) or the return or iPPV at Mania weekend, anything else would be quite disappointing. But maybe I'm just getting my hopes up for no reason :D
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
sg86

Post by sg86 »

Wrestling Dontaku is May 3 and the Yokohama Arena show is May 25, so there's definitely room for NJPW guys at the Manhattan Center show.

Not sure where the return would be for ROH guys to go to Japan as they have back-to-back shows booked during Super Juniors and Dominion is the same weekend as BITW. I really wish we could get O'Reilly and ACH in BOSJ.

ROH currently doesn't have anything booked during G1 Climax, and that would own, but who knows. If I got G1 Climax with Elgin, Cole and Steen, that would own. I know Steen would be tough to convince though.
UNOFFICIALARTIST

Post by UNOFFICIALARTIST »

For a 12-year old high level company with a growing tv presence i'll guess three things: 1)WOMENS DIVISION 2)reinstating "old" ideas such as pure title/round robin challenge/scramble cage,regular ppv. or 3)HALL OF FAME
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

It's definitely the New Japan crossover
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Mike Johnson wrote:
In regard to the announcement, I am told that it's something that will really excite the ROH audience. I know that a few months back, they were looking into announcing their own Hall of Fame, but this announcement is not that
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

A cable TV Network deal would be Awesome
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Ah, ROH shouldn't have a Hall of Fame until they're like 20 years old. Just because TNA had one so soon doesn't mean they should.
Tim

Post by Tim »

If it's New Japan I really REALLY hope Tomohiro Ishii gets to come over, that dude has been white hot ever since the G1.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Like many have mentioned, I'm certainly hoping for a New Japan/ROH crossover or 'Supercard' - any of NJPW's top stars would be amazing.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Nakamura vs Ciampa.
Tanahashi vs AJ.

Please NJPW crossover.
The Dragon Saga

I know it's asking for much but any chance we could get the NJPW crossover AND a reinstated live iPPV or PPV feature to the product? Whether it's live or not the NJPW thing will be awesome, but being able to watch it live would be such good business for ROH. Imagine the buzz It'll create in a year where thus far ROH has a lot of momentum, much more than it has in the past couple.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

If Tanahashi comes over, it definitely has to be against Elgin.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:I know it's asking for much but any chance we could get the NJPW crossover AND a reinstated live iPPV or PPV feature to the product? Whether it's live or not the NJPW thing will be awesome, but being able to watch it live would be such good business for ROH. Imagine the buzz It'll create in a year where thus far ROH has a lot of momentum, much more than it has in the past couple.
Maybe ROH should let Ustream handle this (hypothetical) one?
The Dragon Saga

Hellfont93 wrote: Maybe ROH should let Ustream handle this (hypothetical) one?
Could work. So long as Greg isn't allowed anywhere near the negotiations. Leave it to Court Bauer or someone.