AJ Styles Threatened with Lawsuit from TNA

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

AJ Styles Threatened with Lawsuit from TNA

Post by Mattxx87 »

"AJ Styles was recently threatened with a restraining order from TNA corporate offices for appearing on radio stations and speaking events talking about the situation in TNA. The claim that unless AJ could prove his claims with a burden of proof then anything negative he said could be viewed as slander and they would take the necessary legal action against him. A scheduled speaking event in the UK has been postponed until July."
-PWTorch

..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TNA: Look, we understand re-signing him to a contract is now a long shot, but HE SAID BAD BAD THINGS ABOUT US!
supersonic

Re: AJ Styles Threatened with Lawsuit from TNA

Post by supersonic »

What bad things do he really say? He's been pretty fair and rational, he isn't Cornette.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

I understand it to be a comment he made to a radio station about one time they taped iMPACT on the road, and he had a hotel right across the street from the arena and they didn't know wrestling was happening that night. AJ said they didn't promote it or advertise it at all and the arena was less than half full.

I could see why TNA would be mad about a former talent saying that, but, they need to buck up. If it's true it's true. I guess their defense would be to prove they did advertise, which is the hang-up. Half assing a poster on a highway isn't advertising, guys.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

TNA is run by an organization so insecure that it complained to YouTube about the satire sitcom Impact videos, but not about the illegally uploaded matches on there.
BleedingHazard

Post by BleedingHazard »

I don't know this makes me think more and more TNA is trying to work us right now.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

BleedingHazard wrote:I don't know this makes me think more and more TNA is trying to work us right now.
You don't threaten real life legal injunctions just to further a kayfabe storyline.
BleedingHazard

Post by BleedingHazard »

JTCole wrote:
BleedingHazard wrote:I don't know this makes me think more and more TNA is trying to work us right now.
You don't threaten real life legal injunctions just to further a kayfabe storyline.
If you want to continue to stretch what's real and fake. AJ has said same things on TV that said off of TNA and they continue to name drop him on tv even youtube videos.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

They continue to name drop him because all of these episodes of television were taped prior to him leaving. Its not a work. Just stop. The company is in dire straits.
"The mood in TNA is relatively dim as the wrestlers see the writing on the wall. One person said reminded him of the dying days of WCW who experienced them. "Management doesn't care. They're just going through the motions. Most everyone here is to collect a paycheck". TNA is said to be on the outside looking in when it comes to signing talent because of the structure of their contracts. Independent talent view working for WWE as a top priority, then working the independents second, and TNA as a final fall back destination if the WWE doesn't accept them (much like the American Wolves). It is in indy talents best interest to stay on the independent scene rather than sign with TNA because they have to commit on a one year contract with the company and they only get paid when they used. They are better off demanding their price and working every weekend for the highest bidder or two."
This situation is legit. And it's bad. (I can only imagine that "veteran" was Christopher Daniels because only himself, Sting, and Mike Tenay were there that is currently with the company, and I can't imagine the other two saying things like this. Daniels is very honest, I remember him saying stuff like this way back in 2011 when he was released). No one wants to work for the and they're all waiting for their contracts to expire. Is Sting a work too? No. He's done with TNA. TNA is done.
BleedingHazard

Post by BleedingHazard »

Mattxx87 wrote:They continue to name drop him because all of these episodes of television were taped prior to him leaving. Its not a work. Just stop. The company is in dire straits.
"The mood in TNA is relatively dim as the wrestlers see the writing on the wall. One person said reminded him of the dying days of WCW who experienced them. "Management doesn't care. They're just going through the motions. Most everyone here is to collect a paycheck". TNA is said to be on the outside looking in when it comes to signing talent because of the structure of their contracts. Independent talent view working for WWE as a top priority, then working the independents second, and TNA as a final fall back destination if the WWE doesn't accept them (much like the American Wolves). It is in indy talents best interest to stay on the independent scene rather than sign with TNA because they have to commit on a one year contract with the company and they only get paid when they used. They are better off demanding their price and working every weekend for the highest bidder or two."
This situation is legit. And it's bad. (I can only imagine that "veteran" was Christopher Daniels because only himself, Sting, and Mike Tenay were there that is currently with the company, and I can't imagine the other two saying things like this. Daniels is very honest, I remember him saying stuff like this way back in 2011 when he was released). No one wants to work for the and they're all waiting for their contracts to expire. Is Sting a work too? No. He's done with TNA. TNA is done.
I'm not even defending TNA but he has even been name dropped on shows that are recent plus youtube. Wolves came in after AJ left and they still mention him on TNA I'm being realistic. Plus Santana Garrett joined TNA and that was confirmed by Sal Shana and Bad Bones have both been confirmed to being in shows so apparently talent don't feel to bad about signing with TNA
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

Mattxx87 wrote:This situation is legit. And it's bad. (I can only imagine that "veteran" was Christopher Daniels because only himself, Sting, and Mike Tenay were there that is currently with the company, and I can't imagine the other two saying things like this. Daniels is very honest, I remember him saying stuff like this way back in 2011 when he was released). No one wants to work for the and they're all waiting for their contracts to expire. Is Sting a work too? No. He's done with TNA. TNA is done.
There's an outside chance it could be James Storm or Jeremy Borash, given they were around during WCW's last days.
BleedingHazard

Post by BleedingHazard »

I don't really care if AJ is gone or not it's just so much points to this being an elaborate hoax to suspend disbelief. Plus, AJ had a 5 yr contract that should most likely be up in August of this year.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I'm surprised Santana Garrett would even join TNA given their history of pay discrepancy, especially towards the Knockouts.

Also, James Storm was in WCW?
BleedingHazard

Post by BleedingHazard »

Plus the other thing that makes me believe it is a work is none of his stuff is on clearance. RVD's stuff was instantly put on clearance after he left. Heck, it could no be a work but nothing in wrestling surprises me anymore especially not them trying to distort reality.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I'm surprised Santana Garrett would even join TNA given their history of pay discrepancy, especially towards the Knockouts.

Also, James Storm was in WCW?
He was on a developmental contract and used on the weekend shows.

Come to think of it, AJ Styles was in WCW at the end as well.
BleedingHazard

Post by BleedingHazard »

This was posted by Shanna so if TNA's in such bad shapes I'm amazed wrestlers are going there especially if last option and Shanna has been happy about it. I can't be it being so bad if people are taking offers to go work there.

That's not even including Bad Bones being confirmed by German TNA website to be on the UK tour.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

If we're actually going to take this off track to discuss whether TNA/AJ Styles leaving is a work, I've lost hope in this place.

He's gone from TNA. He is not with TNA. People come, do great things, get shit on and then leave. It happens, it is reality. I guarantee we all know people in real life who have been let go from their jobs in the past few years or like AJ quit for whatever reason after years of dedication and contribution. They tried to half his wage and make him pay for travel expenses. This is a guy who is one of the main reasons anyone gave a flying shit about TNA in the first place!

As for TNA threatening a lawsuit, TNA are fucking idiots, hardly a newsflash.

EDIT: TNA let go Sting and AJ Styles, and signed a female wrestler who won't get 1/9 of what they got barely nobody has heard of? Wow, what a step forward in the right direction.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

It'd be really interesting if Jeff Jarrett ever did a shoot about the past two or three years of TNA tbh.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

D2Kvirus wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Also, James Storm was in WCW?
Come to think of it, AJ Styles was in WCW at the end as well.

Yes, but he's not the one who said this. He appeared on a couple Nitro's near the end. Used the Styles Clash during a match, but it wasn't his finisher. Was part of the Cruiserweight Tag division. Good times.....
BleedingHazard

Post by BleedingHazard »

I'm not saying he isn't legit gone but I'm also not saying it wouldn't surprise me as if it was a hoax because in that same interview talking about that lawsuit he didn't say he wouldn't ever go back to TNA he just said he don't see it in 2014. So if the lawsuit was legit I don't think Styles would ever consider going back to TNA. I was just thinking the lawsuit might play into Dixie's current character and I'll be the first to admit might be wrong and I'll accept that.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

BleedingHazard wrote:I'm not saying he isn't legit gone but I'm also not saying it wouldn't surprise me as if it was a hoax because in that same interview talking about that lawsuit he didn't say he wouldn't ever go back to TNA he just said he don't see it in 2014. So if the lawsuit was legit I don't think Styles would ever consider going back to TNA. I was just thinking the lawsuit might play into Dixie's current character and I'll be the first to admit might be wrong and I'll accept that.
Blocked. :lol: