New Orleans shows - transportation

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
lexexpress

New Orleans shows - transportation

Post by lexexpress »

I'm going to both ROH shows in New Orleans over Mania weekend. How are people going to get to the venue? WIll there be shuttle busses arranged? Doesn't look like there's any public transportation available.
MooseNugget

Re: New Orleans shows - transportation

Post by MooseNugget »

Thankfully I got a friend who works down there. I tried to rent a car but you have to be 24 years old to do that :evil:
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

I am flying down to New Orleans for Wrestlemania week. So I will not have a car, I was wondering how are people getting to the Ring of Honor shows on Friday and Saturday. Will there be a big bus from the Superdome? Is there a taxi service everyone is using? Are people just driving down? I really want to attend these shows, and I was wondering whats the best way of getting back and forth.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

Can anyone tell me why around whenever a big show happens we get this shit that pops up on the forum? Are they bots? Are they trolls? What the fuck. I was going to ignore it, until I realized it happens all the time. (Final Battle, Wrestling Finest as example). I think the thread where someone with 1 post asked if he could sleep on someones couch is still rotting away in no response hell.

It wouldn't even alarm me if the first and third response here weren't almost identical, with both posters have 1 post.

Serious question to Harry, or whoever can answer this, can we make a minimum post feature that you can't make new threads unless you have 'x' posts? Usually 20 is good, some forums require as many as 50 to be a "contributing member". It just eliminates this garbage from the forum.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

wtf is wrong with you Matt? The guy has a very good question and I am sure a lot of people who are there for mania who have never seen ROH live are wondering about the same thing. If this were a regular ROH show I'd understand your concerns, but this is Mania weekend. Many people with hardly any ROH live experience might attend this show. So calm the hell down before you insult people who have a legitimate question.
Last edited by JigsawVs.Jason on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

I said I wouldn't have thought anything of it if it was one post, but, this happens every time there's a big show. Again, someone asked if they could crash on someones couch, with 1 post. It's....alarming.

It would be nice if people came on here to talk ROH, or just wrestling (as the Other Discussion topic pages have great discussions), and not just came on here looking for rides and a place to sleep and then disappear. Idk...respect the forum a little bit. How odd is it that he makes this post, and then someone else who registered today, found it, and asked the same question? It looks bot-ish.

Also...I've asked my fair share of questions about War of the Worlds in NYC, because that is MY first live show ever. But. I feel I am quite an active member. That's my problem, I guess. Idk.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Don't be a dick

Edit: Let me be more admin-like and add a proper reply :) The reason you see posts like this around the time of big shows, is because they're exactly that - BIG shows. Meaning fans of ROH will travel long distances to attend them, therefore they'll be in a location that could be completely new to them. Maybe they need some help with transport? Recommendations on places to eat/stay? And as the only ROH forum around, where else would people go to ask these types of questions? The original poster actually sent me a very polite email asking about transport info for the show, and I directed him to the forum, assuming the nice people here would be able to help better than I could. And I'm a bit embarrassed to see one of the first replies he got is like that :|
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Jesus, new fans to ROH, aren't generally big forum guys maybe but come here because it's the easiest place to get answers about ROH, ask a legitimate question on how people are getting to a show, and you flame them.

Do you not want ROH to succeed or something? Are you trying to scare off potential new fans?
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:Don't be a dick

Edit: Let me be more admin-like and add a proper reply :)
Thank you. I did PM you though, before I saw the Edit. So know I did see this, now.
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

I am not a new Ring of Honor fan, I have been attending shows in Philadelphia since 2006. I was there for the 100th show, ROH vs CZW Cage of Death, Morishima winning the belt, and the Misawa show etc. I just never joined the forum, I just went to the shows. Second my question never was answered, I can't be the only one attending the Mania shows without a car. I am very interested in seeing the weekend ROH shows and I thought this would be the best place to ask.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

To answer your question, I believe a friend of mine who lives in Hammond, LA, but frequents New Orleans often said there will be a lot of transit going in an around the city of New Orleans, and this arena is about a quarter/half-mile out in the suburbs. He said they might not drive you out there, but, I know people were walking a mile or more between Hammerstein and Madison Square Garden for RAW last year, so, it might not be outside the norm to find groups of people walking the short distance.
RickyJH

Post by RickyJH »

I don't understand how this could be a bad question. I'm going both days, & from my hotel to the venue its $32 ONE WAY via taxi. Do the math on that. I'm glad someone mentioned this.
Last edited by RickyJH on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

What transportation service are you using, and will the service pick you up after the show is over?
RickyJH

Post by RickyJH »

jjankows wrote:What transportation service are you using, and will the service pick you up after the show is over?
Sorry, I edited my post. It would be by taxi. I found a taxi site for the area that will give you an idea how much transportation would cost. I have it written down at work. I want to say maybe taxi finder? I haven't gone too in depth about it yet, so I don't know about getting back to my hotel yet.
TheAman

Post by TheAman »

Man, I'm glad I wasn't the first one to ask this. Long time lurker on these boards, but never wanted to post for various reasons, but I had the same question. I will say this. It might not be a terrible idea if ROH fans got together to split cabs out there, particularly if they were staying near each other.
Rud3Bwoy
Banned
Banned

Post by Rud3Bwoy »

To op ignore matt and his rude response he's obviously never been around long enough to know these threads come along yearly for mania weekend guessing he has never attended a mania weekend event ,there is a lot of people like this every year for mania weekend what you might want to do check fb or even this forum for mania fans staying at hotels near by or even your hotel and pitch in for transport i did it one year for roh.every other year just rented a car much easier esp going with a group of people.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

We're staying at the Homewood Suites by the Mercedes Benz dome so we rented a car for 2 days just to get to the ROH shows.
Rud3Bwoy
Banned
Banned

Post by Rud3Bwoy »

smh taxis will rip you off i think for az we spent a good 30 bucks or 40 to get to roh cause we didn't have transport for some reason that day
Rmargerison

Post by Rmargerison »

Hi,

First time forum user, long term fan.

If anyone wants to split a taxi or carpool (as long as you have the car lol) please let me know.

We are staying right beside the Mercedes Superdome (there's only 2 of us).