Andrew Everett

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHFan25

Andrew Everett

Post by ROHFan25 »

Just finished watching this weeks TV episode, and Everett was damn impressive. Exactly what ROH needs in the under card. And once people see him do the double rotation moonsault, everyone will flip their shit. Get him under contract ASAP.
DBSommer

Re: Andrew Everett

Post by DBSommer »

I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't see what the big deal about him is outside of that one move. It's not that he's bad or anything, just he doesn't stand out in the crowd for me.
Braggis

Post by Braggis »

Corino put him over HUGE. He went to bat for him really hard in the commentary.

Its the first I've seen of Everett but he looks good. I hate to sound like Vince McMahon but the fact that hes so out of shape is kind of distracting. I don't care how good someone is -- if they are pale and flabby, its harder to take them seriously as a dangerous athlete.

I'm personally pulling for Raymond Rowe to win the TPT and get a push. Hes different-looking, which RoH needs right now. And hes pretty menacing as a vicious, animal Heel. I could see Rowe and Ciampa in a good feud.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

DBSommer wrote:I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't see what the big deal about him is outside of that one move. It's not that he's bad or anything, just he doesn't stand out in the crowd for me.
He actually plays a great dick heel role.
Tim

Post by Tim »

You know what I like about Everett? He's different, when is the last time ROH had a crazy flyer on the roster? obviously he won't be in the main event as of now, but he will be great to have on the mid card, crazy flips are great to see live. And on top of that he has a good amount of buzz going on.

Remember Ricochet in 2006 when he was a twig and had that bad haircut? Perhaps Everett will follow in his footsteps and get into shape, if not it will be fun to have him around for a while.
Scottanized

Post by Scottanized »

I thought Chiva stopped doing the double moonsault?
Haven't seen his ROH match yet, but I'm really excited to see it. Thanks for reminding me to check it out!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

YES! Everett, Hanson and Rowe need to be put under contracts, these guys can be the next breakout stars. And Corey Hollis has a lot of potential too. That's the 4 guys I'd like to see contracts from the top prospect tournament!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

I think Everret is awesome! And I think he could really work well by being apart of the H.O.T. and feuding with Taven.

Everret vs. ACH would be unreal!
Stuttsy

Post by Stuttsy »

Scottanized wrote:I thought Chiva stopped doing the double moonsault?
Haven't seen his ROH match yet, but I'm really excited to see it. Thanks for reminding me to check it out!
He absolutely still does it, just not every single match - wouldn't be special if he did.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I really don't know anything about him, other than the one tv match. Has he had any classic matches or feuds with well known indy guys? Is he a good storyteller or is just flips and tricks?
I wasn't sold on ACH at first, but have really grown to be excited for him over the past year due to some stellar performances. I'm hoping the same will go for Everett.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Everett really needs to tone up though. I'm not saying he should be roiding up but his look will do him no favors even in ROH.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

JTCole wrote:Everett really needs to tone up though. I'm not saying he should be roiding up but his look will do him no favors even in ROH.
If he tales the same road as Pac and Ricochet he'll be a star.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

AndyDiaz wrote:
JTCole wrote:Everett really needs to tone up though. I'm not saying he should be roiding up but his look will do him no favors even in ROH.
If he tales the same road as Pac and Ricochet he'll be a star.
Exactly. They are really muscular yet can still pull off amazing moves.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Everett was really impressive in his debut. I will agree with everyone here and say he needs to get a better look but I still really like him. Hanson, Rowe, Hollis, and Everrett all should be signed. Also Romantic Touch didn't look as terrible as I expected but that mask and gimmick are god awful.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Mr. Orange wrote:Everett was really impressive in his debut. I will agree with everyone here and say he needs to get a better look but I still really like him. Hanson, Rowe, Hollis, and Everrett all should be signed. Also Romantic Touch didn't look as terrible as I expected but that mask and gimmick are god awful.
Seeing as how ROH' roster is bit depleted, I would love for them to sign all the guys you mentioned. I especially like Rowe and Everett. I think those two inparticular could get over huge with the fans.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:I really don't know anything about him, other than the one tv match. Has he had any classic matches or feuds with well known indy guys?
His CZW run has produced a lot of good matches. But he really hasn't gotten those marquee match ups against top Indy names. This biggest was probably his singles match against AR Fox.
Stuttsy

Post by Stuttsy »

Actually he's had a few marquee matches against mainstream indy guys. He's worked with Generico, Roderick, Delirious, Eddie Edwards and Adam Page. Just search "Chiva Kid" on HighspotsTV.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

Yeah I was pretty much going off of when he dropped the mask, but yeah he's worked those guys in small promotions (CWF is probably the most well known)