Decade logo?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Decade logo?

Post by Mattxx87 »

I know the group is relatively new, but, it just dawned on me that Decade's logo should just be a giant "X". (If I need to explain that, I'm sorry, no)

And then they can get major heat by throwing up Punk's "straight edge" arms crossed, while doubling for the logo. :lol:

I'd buy the shirt.
Braggis

Re: Decade logo?

Post by Braggis »

I think they reference CM Punk too much already. He left like ten years ago.

How many times have you seen Michael Benett either give or receive the GTS, as a nod to the guy who used to fuck his girlfriend? Lmao

Besides, I don't see The Decade lasting long enough to reach the T-shirt phase. They are already not over and people are confused by them.

Nobody wants to see Jimmy Jacobs in another Heel stable so soon after SCUM and NOBODY gives two shits about BJ Whitmer. I feel bad for Roderick Strong.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Braggis wrote:I think they reference CM Punk too much already. He left like ten years ago.

How many times have you seen Michael Benett either give or receive the GTS, as a nod to the guy who used to fuck his girlfriend? Lmao

Besides, I don't see The Decade lasting long enough to reach the T-shirt phase. They are already not over and people are confused by them.

Nobody wants to see Jimmy Jacobs in another Heel stable so soon after SCUM and NOBODY gives two shits about BJ Whitmer. I feel bad for Roderick Strong.
I strongly disagree, this has been very well booked and I think is excellent. I like BJ Whitmer so either I am nobody or you are wrong ;)
Braggis

Post by Braggis »

Man, BJ Whitmer sucks. Hes been in the business for how long and you can hear crickets whenever hes in the ring. Hes an ok wrestler but has never been over.

His tag match with Eddie Edwards at Final Battle was supposed to be BJ Whitmer's big return for a final retirement match and he got zero reaction. The crowd basically groaned and so did I.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

Wrong. His match at Final Battle was a direct result of Chris Hero being late to the show. Decade was going to form at the end of that match regardless, because Hero was going to receive a "heros welcome", and Eddie was going to get a "big farewell" from the crowd, prompting Decade to trigger their debut. You can tell this was supposed to happen in Jacob's speech because he mentions people "going away and coming back and being celebrated", yet, to that point, no one had returned and been celebrated, yet. And THEN Hero returned later. I highly doubt it was foreshadowing because the entire Hero/Eddie team made way too much sense if you take into account the Decade angle.
Braggis

Post by Braggis »

^ Doesn't matter if it was booked on the fly.

When BJ came out, he got no reaction. Even when The Decade formed, most fans didn't care. And on last weekend's show when they came out, nobody looked like they cared.

I don't hate BJ Whitmer. But hes been around for ALL this time and has never been over. That says something.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

You shoudl check out his match vs Jacob at SCOH 2. He was pretty over in that match
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

The reason people weren't cheering when he was announced as the mystery partner was that it was hyped so heavily, but then Hero couldn't make it, and BJ just didn't live up to the hype. If they had just said, "We've got a cool partner for Eddie, a pretty special one, but it's not like he's worth the price of admission alone", he would've gotten a decent pop.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Braggis wrote:

I don't hate BJ Whitmer. But hes been around for ALL this time and has never been over. That says something.
Since when do you actually follow the product? I assume not too long, because that statement is ridiculous. Just look at the CZW war, he was one of the center pieces of that feud and was over tremendously! Same goes for his feud with Jacobs, go watch some of the old stuff before throwing out such a bullshit statement!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Braggis

Post by Braggis »

Now why am I going to hunt down ancient history when we are talking about the reaction he gets NOW?

Ok - to simplify it - look at BJ Whitmer in ROH over, roughly, the last year. BJ and Rhett Titus couldn't really get over as a tag team, BJ was met with stale reactions during the battle with SCUM, even with the Decade hes not over.

BJ is a good wrestler and seems like an ok guy but most fans seem bored by him.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Braggis wrote:Now why am I going to hunt down ancient history when we are talking about the reaction he gets NOW?

Ok - to simplify it - look at BJ Whitmer in ROH over, roughly, the last year. BJ and Rhett Titus couldn't really get over as a tag team, BJ was met with stale reactions during the battle with SCUM, even with the Decade hes not over.

BJ is a good wrestler and seems like an ok guy but most fans seem bored by him.
Most ignorant statement in a long time. [cornette]
You stated "He's been around ALL the time", implying he didn't get reactions in his ROH tenure, which is just bullshit on all levels. Tag to that, he does get nice reactions from the current fanbase as well, it's just obvious you don't like him, which is fair enough, but don't make such geneal statements, like he gets no reactions at all.
I'm confident the majority of the ROH fanbase is really excited by this Decade angle, and happy that BJ once again is in a meaningful programme, that's where he thrives. And yes, Whitmer is better than a large portion of the current roster.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So many opinions in a topic about a logo. And none of them pertain to the logo in question!

I think a plain X works fine. It's basic, but this isn't anything that needs a unique logo.

Maybe the X over the ROH logo?
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

Braggis wrote:Now why am I going to hunt down ancient history when we are talking about the reaction he gets NOW?
You shouldn't have to "hunt down" the most successful angle in company history. That would be like not knowing about Austin/McMahon, or the nWo in WCW. You should either know about it, or have seen it before commenting about it. And if you haven't, I recommend you do. There are multiple places you can find detailed results pages even if you can not find the tapes or be bothered to purchase Ringside Memberships, where a handful of the shows (if not more) are available.

TYFDK wrote:So many opinions in a topic about a logo. And none of them pertain to the logo in question!

I think a plain X works fine. It's basic, but this isn't anything that needs a unique logo.
Thanks.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I think it's been proved pretty clearly here that people do care about the Decade angle.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I saw the words "BJ Whitmer sucks" when scrolling down.

Ignoring the topic of the thread for a moment, anyone who thinks BJ Whitmer sucks should probably not be on this forum.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Guys, Braggis has been watching for 6 months. I think he knows who's been over and who hasn't.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

trufreedom wrote:Guys, Braggis has been watching for 6 months. I think he knows who's been over and who hasn't.
...he reminds me of... kind of like... a bit like...

GREG! IT'S ALL MAKING SENSE NOW... actually it isn't... BUT GOD DAMNIT I'LL BLAME GREG ANYWAY!
felkerpat

Post by felkerpat »

And I would like it if The Decade's logo incorporated all the old ROH logos. Then a phrase like "been there done that" or something like it. And I am describing more of a shirt than a logo but you get what I am trying to say.
Saying a wrestler isn't good because they're not in WWE is like saying a musician isn't good because they're not in Nickelback - Chuck Taylor
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I'd like to see a big X with writing inside it saying "Decade" and maybe a short slogan. Kind of like the Pancrase logo.
JSP

Post by JSP »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
trufreedom wrote:Guys, Braggis has been watching for 6 months. I think he knows who's been over and who hasn't.
...he reminds me of... kind of like... a bit like...

GREG! IT'S ALL MAKING SENSE NOW... actually it isn't... BUT GOD DAMNIT I'LL BLAME GREG ANYWAY!
This isn't funny to anybody but you.