2014 thoughts (I'm a chick so bare with me)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Melissaluvsroh

2014 thoughts (I'm a chick so bare with me)

Post by Melissaluvsroh »

I know how this post will come off, and I will probably seem like a know it all I'm right and everyone is wrong but I don't intend it that way.
I went to the Nashville Tapings, with someone with a lot of knowledge, time and lineage in wrestling. I can't go into much more than that, but he is venturing into things and wanted to see more of what's out there. Since then I have been tagging along with him for meetings and such and got me to thinking.
I have been a big fan and supporter of ROH for sometime, and want to see it grow and expand. sometimes expression your opinions helps to just ease the mind, and hopefully the right people see it.

I must open by saying the Nashville tapings were really good, and I think building on this for the rest of 2014 could be really great....I am going to post this as if I were in charge and had some kind of power (don't all women think this way :).

First seeing Aj and Hero and the tapings was great, both put on amazing performances. Also with Young Bucks announced for upcoming shows it shows ROH is really trying, this is needed! Davey and Eddie leaving is a big hit, I know opinions will vary but its the truth.
If ROH could come to some agreement with Hero, Aj Styles and The Young Bucks it would help 2014. I know they more than likely wouldn't sign an exclusive but, and I mean but if ROH could offer them lets say 8 month tv deal, and as many house shows as they can offer it could help. Again exclusives are a long shot but maybe ROH getting first chance at dates unless its an international tour that offers multiple shows and good money.

Prospect Tournament, Finals should have been Everett and Hanson, truthfully Rowe didn't impress too much. Cheeseburger is fun but be realistic! Rhe...er I mean Romantic Touch will probably be around because well we know who he is and they shouldn't keep him.
Sign Hanson and Everett! These 2 could be really good for the year!

Now current roster changes...I don't want to come off as a bitch, Tadarius Thomas, Caprice Coleman and Adam Page I feel are just taking up room on the roster.
I know singles runs for ACH and Cedric would be ideal but I don't see them getting the spotlight they deserve. Also the roster is lacking Baby Face tag teams so I think ACH/Alexander and Young bucks (on a agreement like I said) would be great Baby Face Additions! Yes bucks are typically heels, but we all love to cheer them! Red Dragon Young Bucks anyone?

Matt Taven turning face and Truth bringing in heels to face him would be a good angle. Also this gives new faces chances and finally landing someone for Truth would be great. Hanson or Ethan Page would be my bets.

I have a lot more ramblings but will tone my thoughts down. Another thought would be Trent? if he is not signed by WWN network.
Sardonic Artery

Re: 2014 thoughts (I'm a chick so bare with me)

Post by Sardonic Artery »

You being female means we automatically value your opinions differently?

Anyway, I'd love to see the Young Bucks full time in ROH, but I think they're doing better doing their own thing. A match versus reDRagon would be aces, but as much as I love RD, it's time for them to drop the straps (it'd help open up the feud with the YB, too).

Agreed on Tadarius Thomas taking up space (agreed on Page, too, but I think he gets time to grow) -- I liked him in the beginning, but now I just view him as the guy who gets beat down before ACH gets the hot tag. Caprice Coleman's no hands top-rope hurricanrana gets him points with me.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Braggis

Post by Braggis »

Caprice Coleman has the potential to be an awesome Heel. As like an arrogant, full of himself asshole Heel. Hes a good wrestler and AWESOME on the mic. And he'd have a built-in feud with Cedric Alexander who looks to be getting a Singles push anyway.

I agree TD and Adam Page should probably be let go and replaced. Same with Matt Hardy. Adam Cole was already over enough as a Champion Heel, having a washed up Hardy in his corner does nothing but hurt him.

I think Michael Elgin should be pushed out of the Heavyweight Championship spotlight at least for a while. He got beat by Cole like three fucking times in a row now with the belt on the line. He can't keep complaining he didn't get a fair chance.
burrhead

Post by burrhead »

I'm thinking that's what they may do with Elgin and this challenge to AJ. He puts his shot on the line and loses it. AJ gets a shot (New Orleans weekend maybe?) and along the way Elgin has to work for another shot that eventually happens late in the year.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Braggis wrote:Caprice Coleman has the potential to be an awesome Heel. As like an arrogant, full of himself asshole Heel. Hes a good wrestler and AWESOME on the mic. And he'd have a built-in feud with Cedric Alexander who looks to be getting a Singles push anyway.
I want to see Caprice as an evil preacher. Ridiculous? Yes. Do-able? Yes.
Melissaluvsroh

Post by Melissaluvsroh »

Really? Michael Elgin was beat by cole 3 times with the belt on the line? Do you watch the product?

Finals of the tournament Elgin has cole pinned without the ref present.

Elgin pins cole in the 8 man tag match.

Jay Briscoe gets added to final battle main event. Matt hardy interferes cole holds the tights on Elgin.

Please inform me how this is 3 times? Give angles some fucking time
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Melissaluvsroh wrote:Really? Michael Elgin was beat by cole 3 times with the belt on the line? Do you watch the product?
He may have been taking their entire span in ROH into account, which is why Cole has pinned Elgin three times.

Also, it's pretty obvious Elgin no longer has a right to another World title match other then, "I'm the uncrowned champion, I'm really angry, I want a match". In the storyline Elgin earned a shot at the World title, gave it away so he could enter the World title tournament, lost in the final to Cole, pinned Cole at GBH XIII to earn another shot at Final Battle - which Jay was added to because he never lost the title and both he and Steen have claims for a title match - which Elgin again was pinned by Adam Cole.

Tights or no tights, Michael Elgin goes to the back of the line.
Braggis

Post by Braggis »

Melissaluvsroh wrote:Really? Michael Elgin was beat by cole 3 times with the belt on the line? Do you watch the product?

Finals of the tournament Elgin has cole pinned without the ref present.

Elgin pins cole in the 8 man tag match.

Jay Briscoe gets added to final battle main event. Matt hardy interferes cole holds the tights on Elgin.

Please inform me how this is 3 times? Give angles some fucking time
My point is Elgin has been beaten by Cole relatively clean when he won the belt and again pinned him at Final Battle 2013.

The meat of the story is Jay Briscoe is pissed he never lost the belt but had to give it to Cole on a silver platter, got screwed over by Cole and wants to see who is the "real world champion."

Elgin's role in the feud is done. The story has to end with Jay vs Cole.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed Caprice Coleman's recent TV match with Jay Lethal enough to want to see more from him in singles action.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
felkerpat

Post by felkerpat »

Coleman's singles match was great, and I've never seen him outside of ROH but Alexander gets talked up a lot by people on the forum so I am excited about his single's run too. In general I'm excited to see who breaks out as big stars in 2014.
Saying a wrestler isn't good because they're not in WWE is like saying a musician isn't good because they're not in Nickelback - Chuck Taylor
JSP

Post by JSP »

TYFDK wrote:
Braggis wrote:Caprice Coleman has the potential to be an awesome Heel. As like an arrogant, full of himself asshole Heel. Hes a good wrestler and AWESOME on the mic. And he'd have a built-in feud with Cedric Alexander who looks to be getting a Singles push anyway.
Abso-fucking-lutely. The guy OOZES charisma and could pull it off no sweat.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

JSP wrote:
TYFDK wrote:
I don't know if you saw his match from Nashville against Lethal yet or not, but his new theme is already choir-esque. He's almost there.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

JSP wrote:
TYFDK wrote:
This would rock!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Big Red Machine wrote:
JSP wrote:
TYFDK wrote:
This would rock!
Been wanting this since he first showed up.
Last Real Man Hype
Braggis

Post by Braggis »

TYFDK wrote:I want to see Caprice as an evil preacher. Ridiculous? Yes. Do-able? Yes.
Nah. I can't see him exploiting his religion like that as a bad guy in a wrestling gimmick.

No, I'd make him a traditional smug, egotistical, asshole Heel. He'd drop the Coleman name and demand to be called "Caprice," like hes a superstar and has his own name trademarked. I'd give him a hot valet like Scarlett to treat like shit because NOBODY overshadows Caprice.

And he'd have a feud with Alexander for trying to steal his thunder in C&C and he'd insist "I am C&C!"