Kevin Steen

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ColourMeCurious

Kevin Steen

Post by ColourMeCurious »

Steen vs. ROH is a great storyline, but I feel that ROH itself kind of kept stuff from the fans. Unless you followed ROHWorld, you had no idea of his or Colby Corino's letter to ROH. There was no mention of this on the official website, or even on the old forum, which surprised me.

I personally can't wait for Steen/Corino at Final Battle. I think it could be even more brutal, and dare I say, better then Steen/Generico at FB'10. Thoughts?
adam08

Re: Kevin Steen

Post by adam08 »

There was a letter from Colby Corino? I thought there was one only from Kevin Steen.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Steve Corino contacted us and sent us Colby's letter which can be seen here: http://rohworld.com/news/105.html

The original letter from Steen was posted here: http://rohworld.com/news/103.html
adam08

Post by adam08 »

I'm surprise this never made mention.
ColourMeCurious

That's what I'm saying. It's actually pretty good considering his age.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Am I the only one that is hoping for Colby to turn on his Dad and help Steen back into ROH?
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Am I the only one that is hoping for Colby to turn on his Dad and help Steen back into ROH?
I'm no expert on ECW, but isn't this basically what happened with Raven and Sandman's kid?

I'm hoping Steen gets to Package Piledrive Colby, purely for the huge reaction and storyline significance it would be.
Last edited by Marketh. on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Real Man Hype
ColourMeCurious

That'd be awesome. From what I understand, he's an exceptional wrestler already. Future Corino/Corino feud? hahahahah.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Marketh. wrote:
ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Am I the only one that is hoping for Colby to turn on his Dad and help Steen back into ROH?
I'm no expert on ECW, but isn't this basically what happened with Raven and Sandman's kid?

I'm hoping Steen gets to Package Piledrive Colby, purely for the huge reaction and storyline significance it would be.
It was more like Raven hooked up with Sandman's wife and became the father figure of the kid turning him against Sandman, but I guess it would be similar.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

I think they did a good job with that video package a week or so ago. It told the whole history of Steen in Ring of Honor. So it was a huge step in the right direction. There is still more work to be done though. I do think that Steen could be a huge asset now that he is back in ROH full time. Or would persumably soon be. He's someone that stands out and has a certain charisma. He should be positioned as the top heel by the end of 2012.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Chris Xtreme wrote:I think they did a good job with that video package a week or so ago. It told the whole history of Steen in Ring of Honor. So it was a huge step in the right direction. There is still more work to be done though. I do think that Steen could be a huge asset now that he is back in ROH full time. Or would persumably soon be. He's someone that stands out and has a certain charisma. He should be positioned as the top heel by the end of 2012.
I'll go further and say he should be the top heel by the 10th Anniversary Show, or even after Final Battle 2011.
Last Real Man Hype
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

I think Steen is the best thing ROH has going for them right now, looking forward to the next twist in this tale.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

?! Kevin's the top heel now!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

syxxpakk wrote:?! Kevin's the top heel now!
I guess I meant in the sense that he's also an active roster member and having matches.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

Marketh. wrote:
Chris Xtreme wrote:I think they did a good job with that video package a week or so ago. It told the whole history of Steen in Ring of Honor. So it was a huge step in the right direction. There is still more work to be done though. I do think that Steen could be a huge asset now that he is back in ROH full time. Or would persumably soon be. He's someone that stands out and has a certain charisma. He should be positioned as the top heel by the end of 2012.
I'll go further and say he should be the top heel by the 10th Anniversary Show, or even after Final Battle 2011.
I'm not sure how it will line up schedule-wise or show-wise, but I've said on the ROHCast several times that I would love to see Steen win the title at the 10th Anniversary Show. It would be the perfect moment to pull the trigger in my opinion.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
WrestlingMatters

ROHWorld_Jon wrote:
Marketh. wrote:
I'm not sure how it will line up schedule-wise or show-wise, but I've said on the ROHCast several times that I would love to see Steen win the title at the 10th Anniversary Show. It would be the perfect moment to pull the trigger in my opinion.
I'm guessing it will still be in Feb. Agreed, it would be perfect timing, he's super over right now.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
ROHWorld_Jon wrote:
Marketh. wrote:
I'm guessing it will still be in Feb. Agreed, it would be perfect timing, he's super over right now.
That's what I'm thinking as well, even though there aren't any shows announced for February yet. There are three shows scheduled for January. Assuming Steen wins at Final Battle, that would only be three shows to build him up into a title contender. Of course we all know he is over enough to challenge for the title, but they are going to have to make it make sense storyline-wise as well. Could he possibly go from crazy outsider to ROH World Title challenger logically in just three shows? It would be weird for him to be awarded a title match just two months after returning from causing chaos for over a year. I would love to see him win the title at the 10th Anniversary Show, but I don't know how they could make it work storyline-wise.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
WrestlingMatters

That's true maybe WM weekend would be best or even the iPPV after that, there's a million things they can do with him at this point but we'll have to wait until FB to see where they're going with all of this.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I think Elgin should be the one to eventually dethrone Steen and save us from his Reign of Terror. Have him turn face at Final Battle by answering Roderick's challenge and destroy him and Truth, a la Brent Albright and SnS Inc. on a smaller scale. He can feud with Roderick for the first few months of the year, then cash in his SOTF title shot on Steen. I only expect Steen to have a 3 month or so title reign anyway, but if they book it right, it could even be as good as the Summer of Punk, I think.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Rather than Steen being awarded a shot, he could just keep calling out Davey and then he could demand a match with Steen because he's a 'fighting champion'. That's when he's not in Japan! I joke, I joke...

Elgin turning face would be interesting. I've always thought he could turn against Truth but not sure how he'd come over as a face.

Oh, and talking of Steen: here's a montage... Image