Kevin Steen

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WrestlingMatters

Re: Kevin Steen

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Marketh. wrote:I think Elgin should be the one to eventually dethrone Steen and save us from his Reign of Terror. Have him turn face at Final Battle by answering Roderick's challenge and destroy him and Truth, a la Brent Albright and SnS Inc. on a smaller scale. He can feud with Roderick for the first few months of the year, then cash in his SOTF title shot on Steen. I only expect Steen to have a 3 month or so title reign anyway, but if they book it right, it could even be as good as the Summer of Punk, I think.
Yeah I think Elgin would be the logical choice right now to take it off Steen (if he wins it), but I would keep him and Strong as a tag team up until after Elgin wins it. Have Strong turn on him a la Evolution on Randy Orton, just this time Elgin wouldn't lose in his first title defense. I agree Summer of Steen would be epic.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
Marketh. wrote:I think Elgin should be the one to eventually dethrone Steen and save us from his Reign of Terror. Have him turn face at Final Battle by answering Roderick's challenge and destroy him and Truth, a la Brent Albright and SnS Inc. on a smaller scale. He can feud with Roderick for the first few months of the year, then cash in his SOTF title shot on Steen. I only expect Steen to have a 3 month or so title reign anyway, but if they book it right, it could even be as good as the Summer of Punk, I think.
Yeah I think Elgin would be the logical choice right now to take it off Steen (if he wins it), but I would keep him and Strong as a tag team up until after Elgin wins it. Have Strong turn on him a la Evolution on Randy Orton, just this time Elgin wouldn't lose in his first title defense. I agree Summer of Steen would be epic.
Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. They've already planted the seeds for that with Truth being disappointed that Elgin lost to Eddie on TV, thus not allowing Strong a title shot at Final Battle. Elgin could win it, then as you say, get turned on by Strong/Martini/.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:
WrestlingMatters wrote:
Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. They've already planted the seeds for that with Truth being disappointed that Elgin lost to Eddie on TV, thus not allowing Strong a title shot at Final Battle. Elgin could win it, then as you say, get turned on by Strong/Martini/.
And last week on TV Martini said on commentary that Roddy will always be the star of the H.O.T.
crimsonmasque

Post by crimsonmasque »

Just wanted to add that I think this slow build to the Kevin Steen angle is brilliant. This is what WWE should have done with CM Punk.
Ok, maybe not a year and half later, but definitely longer than a week!

That had so much potential.