"Greg the Office Boy"

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
boourns

Re: "Greg the Office Boy"

Post by boourns »

"Great job @KayfabeComment w/ @TheJimCornette shoot. To add to the paraphrase office boy would alter the blogs before posting under my name." -Patrick Edwards, formerly of the ROH website.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

boourns wrote:"Great job @KayfabeComment w/ @TheJimCornette shoot. To add to the paraphrase office boy would alter the blogs before posting under my name." -Patrick Edwards, formerly of the ROH website.
Lmao, remember this guy?
Ybrow

Post by Ybrow »

https://www.facebook.com/ggilleland

His twitter is @grizrachi and his rat Diana Hussein her's is @DietDrPepper ...you should ask his rat why she was blackmailing him with if she was fired she would sue SBG with a sexual harassment suit!
Scottanized

Post by Scottanized »

They must really hate Cornette.
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

Cornette once phoned Mark Madden and Wade Keller's mother and told her to fuck a black man. Now I'm not fond of Keller or Madden, but thats bullshit. Bringing in someone who has nothing to do with wrestling and abusing them fucking sucks in my opinion. Cornette is a fucking nutcase and for so long people have been blind to it (myself included) under the fact he's actually pretty damn funny. But his ROH run totally exposed him. Its easy to blame Vince Russo, Vince McMahon or whoever. But Cornette really showed himself up these last few years.
boourns

Post by boourns »

Talk about terrible people in wrestling, Mark Madden is near the top of that list.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

ADouble wrote:Cornette once phoned Mark Madden and Wade Keller's mother and told her to fuck a black man. Now I'm not fond of Keller or Madden, but thats bullshit. Bringing in someone who has nothing to do with wrestling and abusing them fucking sucks in my opinion. Cornette is a fucking nutcase and for so long people have been blind to it (myself included) under the fact he's actually pretty damn funny. But his ROH run totally exposed him. Its easy to blame Vince Russo, Vince McMahon or whoever. But Cornette really showed himself up these last few years.
Couldn't agree more. Anything he does or says doesn't interest me in the least, and I just wish people would stop giving him platforms to whine on so he would fade away. Madden might be a dick on the radio, but nobody deserves shit like that. Cornette is a piece of shit and I would be fine with never hearing another word from him.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Yeah I find all this behind the scenes stuff very interesting like any gossip is but all it's doing is making me hate Cornette. It also bothers me that people say "Cornette has the completely wrong opinion on the Steen/Generico feud," but he says some shit about Office Boy Greg and everyone takes it as gospel truth. Some people have this selectiveness to what they agree with Cornette on so that it makes their opinions on what's going on with ROH seem more valid. Hopefully this is the last everyone hears of the Cornette shenanigans.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Mr. Orange wrote:Yeah I find all this behind the scenes stuff very interesting like any gossip is but all it's doing is making me hate Cornette. It also bothers me that people say "Cornette has the completely wrong opinion on the Steen/Generico feud," but he says some shit about Office Boy Greg and everyone takes it as gospel truth. Some people have this selectiveness to what they agree with Cornette on so that it makes their opinions on what's going on with ROH seem more valid. Hopefully this is the last everyone hears of the Cornette shenanigans.
He's wrong on the Steen/Generico feud in the sense that he just doesn't understand that fans loved that feud and that was what they wanted to see.

The stuff about the SBG office/GFL isn't really too farfetched when you think about it. For example SBG gave ROH substandard production equipment that they had to re-build themselves or was literally falling apart explains why the show looked so bad.
boourns

Post by boourns »

Mr. Orange wrote:Yeah I find all this behind the scenes stuff very interesting like any gossip is but all it's doing is making me hate Cornette. It also bothers me that people say "Cornette has the completely wrong opinion on the Steen/Generico feud," but he says some shit about Office Boy Greg and everyone takes it as gospel truth. Some people have this selectiveness to what they agree with Cornette on so that it makes their opinions on what's going on with ROH seem more valid. Hopefully this is the last everyone hears of the Cornette shenanigans.
His view of the feud is subjective.

His words on Ross and Greg are backed up by what seems to be facts with Pearce confirming.

He can easily be wrong about the former and right about the latter, they are totally different.

And Cornette is crazy, but he doesn't seem to be the type to just call Madden's mother and curse her out and make such comments. He called for Madden after Madden betrayed him and Madden was to chicken to get on the phone, so he talked to his mother, and it seems unlikely he would say that to her. Madden claims he did, but I'd believe Cornette before I'd believe Madden.
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

boourns wrote:And Cornette is crazy, but he doesn't seem to be the type to just call Madden's mother and curse her out and make such comments. He called for Madden after Madden betrayed him and Madden was to chicken to get on the phone, so he talked to his mother, and it seems unlikely he would say that to her. Madden claims he did, but I'd believe Cornette before I'd believe Madden.
What? The Jim Cornette who breaks peoples windows with baseball bats and wishes death on Vince Russo. Its his MO. He called Vince Russo's house and left abusive messages on his phone about his kids. He took offense to something Wade Keller said about Smokey Moutain and abused his mother over the phone. He did the same with Mark Madden. Are these three coincidences in a row? Anyone who has followed Cornette's career would know this is exactly the type of thing he'd do. He either cries and gets personal or eats until he has some control back (look at how fat he was in ROH compared to now). He attacked Santino and got fired. He's pretty much blackballed from wrestling. A massive PR disaster for anyone who associates with them. A history of violence and anger towards anyone, but now he's burned his last bridge. WWE fired him for violence towards a student. TNA fired him and was met with an e-mail wishing death upon a writer. And now ROH has to go into PR mode because he's such a basket case he blames everything from the office to the wrestlers to the ring itself why ROH wasn't very interesting when he was in charge.

He's pretty much Bill Watts. An out of touch bully who at one time had his finger on the pulse of the business. But not anymore.
RacingBoy

Post by RacingBoy »

Is this the guy Cornett hated? If so given its Cornett than Greg should never been taken off ROH.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Burnside wrote:For the next 8 months on this board, everything wrong with ROH will now be blamed on Greg the Office Boy.

ACH jobs? Greg the Office Boy.

Elgin's character has no direction? Greg the Office Boy.

Decade angle makes no sense? Thanks a lot, Greg the Office Boy.

Only 400 people show up in Carbondale? Fucking Greg the Office Boy at it again.

Cedric Alexander jobs? WHY DOES GREG THE OFFICE BOY HAVE IT IN FOR CEDRIC ALEXANDER?
My intent in making this post was to satirize the way some on this board single-mindedly blame Jim Cornette for all the evil in Ring of Honor. I see that this has misfired.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Burnside wrote:
Burnside wrote:For the next 8 months on this board, everything wrong with ROH will now be blamed on Greg the Office Boy.

ACH jobs? Greg the Office Boy.

Elgin's character has no direction? Greg the Office Boy.

Decade angle makes no sense? Thanks a lot, Greg the Office Boy.

Only 400 people show up in Carbondale? Fucking Greg the Office Boy at it again.

Cedric Alexander jobs? WHY DOES GREG THE OFFICE BOY HAVE IT IN FOR CEDRIC ALEXANDER?
My intent in making this post was to satirize the way some on this board single-mindedly blame Jim Cornette for all the evil in Ring of Honor. I see that this has misfired.
You weren't intending us to quote American Dad and the Fairly Oddparents?

Whoops... ;)
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

That was an unintended happy side effect.
LigerSword

Post by LigerSword »

INB4 Greg becomes an on-screen character a la John Laurinaitus.
boourns

Post by boourns »

LigerSword wrote:INB4 Greg becomes an on-screen character a la John Laurinaitus.
Looks like he'd be a face judging by this board.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

LigerSword wrote:INB4 Greg becomes an on-screen character a la John Laurinaitus.
Office Power!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

boourns wrote:
Looks like he'd be a face judging by this board.
Nah, having him show up and demanding to know who approved the pipe and drape without his consent would be the most bizarrely awesome heel move ever. And then the show comes to a halt while all the pipe and drape is returned and ROH get their $10,000 back.
Last Real Man Hype
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

So you're proposing Cyrus in 2013? I've always felt a "network" associate would be great for ROH. It could generate some serious heat. And who would be better to do that, than Mr. Corino? I would love it.

Secondly, I just LOL'd when someone compared Cornette to Bill Watts and nailed it right on the head. "He is nothing but a bully who once had his finger on the pulse of the business, but not any more". YES. YES. and YES.