RoH needs to expand its roster

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Braggis

RoH needs to expand its roster

Post by Braggis »

I know RoH doesn't exactly have the biggest budget in the world to sign talent to contracts and put them on the permeanent roster, but I'm sure there are plenty of Indy guys who would jump at the chance if only because of the national TV exposure the Sinclair deal offers them.

The same guys wrestle each other too many times. It cheapens their feuds because we've already seen them wrestle against or feud with each other so many times.

They need some fresh, regular faces. At least three or four new guys instead of the one or two we get from the Top Prospect Tournament.

I don't think too many will cry if Homicide, Kingston, Hardy and TD end up let go to afford some new guys who are fresh.
DDMurdock

Re: RoH needs to expand its roster

Post by DDMurdock »

Hero, Styles, The Young Bucks.....and some of the young talent from the recent taping......let's see where things go.
Tim

Post by Tim »

The guys I want to see from the TPT are Rowe, Hollis, Everett, and Hanson (haven't seen him yet, but I'm looking foward to doing so). Other then them I would like to see The Beaver Boys, Busick, Gulak, Monster Mafia (if they get Visas) and mabey Matt Cage.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

ROH can't sign everyone you want them to sign. They'll sign who they want to sign, but like how so many here requested Andrew Everett will at least take your opinion on board.
Braggis

Post by Braggis »

Young Bucks only make the odd appearance at larger events. They aren't a part of the roster.

Its generally assumed AJ Styles is either signed up for these handful of RoH appearances to twist the arm of TNA so he can get a fatter paycheck to re-sign, or he already has and this is him working the gimmick of having left.

Hero will probably be on-board for a while but thats just one guy. And hes main event status right away. RoH needs some fresh faces on the mid-card and undercard to promote and build up to become the main event guys.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Guys like Silas and Adam Page are getting bigger opportunities. They have a lot of fresh faces being built up as the new midcard already
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Braggis wrote:RoH needs some fresh faces on the mid-card and undercard to promote and build up to become the main event guys.
Rowe, Everett, Hanson and Hollis join and either leapfrog certain people into the midcard or those currently in the lower card move up a step and into the midcard.

There, problem solved.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Braggis wrote:Its generally assumed AJ Styles is either signed up for these handful of RoH appearances to twist the arm of TNA so he can get a fatter paycheck to re-sign, or he already has and this is him working the gimmick of having left.
No, it's not
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Happy to see Rowe getting a shot. He used to wrestle in the Pittsburgh area all the time before moving to Texas, guy deserves a shot in ROH.
Scottanized

Post by Scottanized »

Gabe growing up and just agreeing to work with ROH again would be for the best. WWN and ROH talent exchanges would be the best for both companies.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Do you think it's possible for ROH to build on a smaller yet key roster -- something like the Smackdown Six?
I am cosmetically pleasing.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

They did that already with Davey/Eddie/Lethal/Strong. It didn't get rave reviews, they were all too samey.

Having said that, Cole/Elgin/Ciampa/O'Reilly are pretty different. I could really get into a 4-way title feud involving them. Moreso if you throw in someone like ACH for good measure.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

BlackLesnar wrote:They did that already with Davey/Eddie/Lethal/Strong. It didn't get rave reviews, they were all too samey.

Having said that, Cole/Elgin/Ciampa/O'Reilly are pretty different. I could really get into a 4-way title feud involving them. Moreso if you throw in someone like ACH for good measure.
I'd say throw in Fish along with ACH, so that you have at least one tag team to add to the dynamic, as well as having an even 6.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

With all S.C.U.M. members back in ROH, what about Jimmy Rave ?
He quit the stable at the beginning, but why ?
ImageImage
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

AssShooter wrote:With all S.C.U.M. members back in ROH, what about Jimmy Rave ?
If I recall correctly, he had some medical thing pop up right away.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Sardonic Artery wrote:
AssShooter wrote:With all S.C.U.M. members back in ROH, what about Jimmy Rave ?
If I recall correctly, he had some medical thing pop up right away.
I also remember hearing whispers of him trying to cut a deal with TNA possibly aswell.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Just saw the show from last week, gotta say, Raymond Rowe looks damn impressive,can't wait to see more of him. Also I like Hollis a lot, but he really needs a new finisher.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Tim wrote:Just saw the show from last week, gotta say, Raymond Rowe looks damn impressive,can't wait to see more of him. Also I like Hollis a lot, but he really needs a new finisher.
I thought the back elbow was pretty cool, something he can hit at anytime. It's not different from Hero and his elbows
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

ROH can easily add tons of talent to freshen things up, as well as cut off some extra fat.

Additions :
Ethan Page
Josh Alexander
Corey Hollis
Ray Rowe
Shane Hollister
Dos Bendejos (I don't know how possible this is due to them being in FIP)

And as long as we can get Hero, London, and The Bucks on a consistent semi-regular basis, we'll be fine.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

JImmy Rave got a concussion on the Supercard of Honor tag war match. Alexander dropped him right on his head. Watch the post match of the SCUM celebration, Rave is on one knee, blinking. Couldn't even stand up. He was suffering from post-concussion syndrome for about a month afterwards. Never saw him again.