First Decade Promo

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

First Decade Promo

Post by TYFDK »

Been waiting for this since they formed. Jacobs is so angry it's fantastic.
AndyDiaz

Re: First Decade Promo

Post by AndyDiaz »

Really good promo. Only thing I can't get over is how Roderick just doesn't fit the look that Jacbos and B.J. have. But I guess thats just me.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Awesome.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Jacobs is fucking awesome. Can they please do something with them though? Don't make them just waste away in the mid card please..
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

Can anyone tell me why they are heels?

Adding the Veda Scott part, that last line sent chills up and down my arms. They need to make Roddy the work man of the group and keep him away from the microphone though. Like chalk on a chalkboard that one. Jacobs running his own faction brings back great memories. Now I want to hear the theme they choose, and, if I know Jacobs taste in music it is going to be scummy. ;)
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

ROHFan25 wrote:Jacobs is fucking awesome. Can they please do something with them though? Don't make them just waste away in the mid card please..
They chose Roddy as the guy to face both AJ and London in 2/3 falls. Those are high profile matches.
mkpunk

Post by mkpunk »

AndyDiaz wrote:Really good promo. Only thing I can't get over is how Roderick just doesn't fit the look that Jacbos and B.J. have. But I guess thats just me.
You are right, Roderick has a rough style but look GQ compared to Whitmer & Jacobs. However they do have a collective goal together similar to the original Generation Next in 2004.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Seriously this is so well booked. Great job delirious!
The Dragon Saga

Mattxx87 wrote:Can anyone tell me why they are heels?
Right now I view them as tweeners more-so then heels.

While they may have attacked Edwards at Final Battle they had reason to because they have an agenda, one which shows them as the loyal employees while guys like Eddie walk away. Until they do something bad I personally view them as such.
Scottanized

Post by Scottanized »

When Veda's voice hit I thought it was Lacey and lost my shit, was pretty upset when I saw it wasn't her. :|
Wasn't a fan at FB when the group formed but they've grown on me. They just gotta keep BJ and Roddy away from the mic.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Tweeners sounds about right, but they do show heelish tendencies. They're angry at people leaving ROH and being celebrated for it, tons of value to cheer and boo them.
The Dragon Saga

It's all promo possibility that has me hyped for the group.

I mean, they have so much material to work with, especially with Styles and Hero back. Jimmy ripping AJ has too much potential to be great.
DDMurdock

Post by DDMurdock »

I still think Roddy should be with Cole and hardy. But maybe it's just me.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I like the group a lot. I hope Whitmer and Jacobs win the tag belts and have a nice long reign with them.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I think BJ missed an opportunity in his promo section with Scott. He was so close to saying something like "I love this company" or something like that, and that it's just the people in it that he hates. It would have clearly set them apart from what SCUM was.

Maybe that would have them feel too facey, but I thought it would have been perfect. Roddy had a good line, "All I ever wanted was to be right here". I really like that dynamic, and it's something we've never really seen here in ROH. They're tired of people using their beloved company as a stepping stone and a fallback, and then those people being celebrated for it.

Still, good promo.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I don't know why it's so hard to get the face/heel dynamic right, but this has the look of another mess in the making where the fans will be left not knowing how they should react.

I think fans would like to cheer faces and boo heels. That's where the money has always been in wrestling.
NickMann10

Post by NickMann10 »

I like this gimmick a lot and i think they will play the heels as it seem ROH fans are pretty forgiving of guys when they leave to go to WWE and come back. Unlike ECW fans who would chant "YOU SOLD OUT" ROH fans glorify guys who are now with bigger companies. I think Jacobs will use that to bash the fans. Really good promo.
DDMurdock

Post by DDMurdock »

To me, it should be a face group.......ROH as a company shouldn't be booked as someplace where the good guys want to leave.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

DDMurdock wrote:To me, it should be a face group.......ROH as a company shouldn't be booked as someplace where the good guys want to leave.
They're realists. Their top talent deserve more money & exposure than they can provide, and ROH commends them whenever they achieve such. That selfless maturity is one of the things I really find endearing about the company. Much like how I find TNA's incessant WEER DA BES FUK WWE mentality highly obnoxious.
If these guys were able to get to WWE they would have jumped a long time ago. That's why they're heels: their ethos disguises underlying veins of hypocrisy & bitterness.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

I would like to see an eventual double turn (and it could happen sooner than we expect depending on the fans), if people cheer their sentiment and message and turn on guys that are leaving. I see some poetic justice there.

Only of course for Roddy to turn around and say "Eff you guys, Im going to TNA"

LOL