Petition for Ippv return

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
GenericoSteen2010

Petition for Ippv return

Post by GenericoSteen2010 »

This topic doubles as Petition to ROH to re-initiate their Live Internet Pay-per-view for those fans who have followed the company primarily through said medium. The company has from now until the 12th Anniversary Show on Friday February 20th to bring those back. I can not justify cheating the fans who have followed this company since 2009 who can't get out of their own homes out witnessing an ROH through a televised medium just because of streaming issues anyone who wishes to please sign your name in comments section once this topic is posted.

GenericoSteen2010
Marketh.

Re: Petition for Ippv return

Post by Marketh. »

GenericoSteen2010 wrote:I can not justify cheating the fans who have followed this company since 2009 who can't get out of their own homes out witnessing an ROH through a televised medium just because of streaming issues
I can. Working and stress-free VOD. Not signed.
Last Real Man Hype
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

Because waiting a week for the VOD to be posted without lag or stream interruption is just way too much to ask.

Especially for the fans who have been following the company since 2002, and used to wait four months to get their DVDs in the mail before PPV/iPPV was an option. :roll:

The company will bring back iPPV when they have the capabilities to present a fully functional 3+ hour stream without a problem, and not a minute sooner. They're not going to bring it back until any and all potential bugs in the system have been fixed. They used DBD as a test run, and from what I've heard it was a general success.

They don't need to be pressured by people that they're going to stop being fans if they don't rush it back. They aren't in business to please irrational and impatient people. They aren't the WWE. They are out to broadcast an exceptional product with a revolutionary concept (iPPVs) while taking advantage of streaming technology to hundreds of thousands of fans who stick with the company through the good times AND the bad.

Someone lock this please.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I keep with the VOD, iPPV are an imperfect tech and they will have problems again.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

I'd sign if they could make a deal with UStream. NJPW streams via UStream and never has any problems.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

If ROH puts money into a site that will work flawlessly then I agree that they should do it. If they can't do that then it's pointless because it hurt the companies image so much when they fail. Right now they should be trying to get VODs up within 36 hours of the show ending. If they want to put money into a great iPPV site then go ahead but Go Fight Live should never be used again.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

"Cheating the fans."

Hilarious.
mkpunk

Post by mkpunk »

ROHFan25 wrote:I'd sign if they could make a deal with UStream. NJPW streams via UStream and never has any problems.
The real Dragon Gate does UStream through Gaora too and it seems to be fine for their PPVs. As for VOD, it works for DGUSA and they rarely release dvds anymore...
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

ROHFan25 wrote:I'd sign if they could make a deal with UStream. NJPW streams via UStream and never has any problems.
I can't imagine 1,000 people are ordering NJPW IPPVs, which are pretty expensive if I remember correctly.

Also keep in mind they're shown around like 4am-7am in the states
TheKillerPoet

Post by TheKillerPoet »

GenericoSteen2010 wrote:The company has from now until the 12th Anniversary Show on Friday February 20th to bring those back.
GenericoSteen2010
Or what? What exactly happens if they don't do iPPVs until they are ready (you know, the smart thing to do)? You gonna boycott them? This is just idiocy.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

This thread. Lolz.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

YimYac wrote:
I can't imagine 1,000 people are ordering NJPW IPPVs, which are pretty expensive if I remember correctly.

I remember seeing somewhere that they average around 750 in US buys.
Baxter Stockman

Post by Baxter Stockman »

YimYac wrote:

Far more than 1,000 people are ordering NJPW iPPVs. The last WrestleKingdom show did something like 100K buys IIRC.

They're all coming from Japan though obviously.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

So you're basically demanding to pay for a shit sandwich. I don't see too many people with that sentiment here or anywhere.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Baxter Stockman wrote:
YimYac wrote:

Far more than 1,000 people are ordering NJPW iPPVs. The last WrestleKingdom show did something like 100K buys IIRC.

They're all coming from Japan though obviously.
Source on that?

Also are the Japanese crowds using the same stream the US crowd is? I wouldn't think so
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I can't remember where I heard this, but the reason iPPV failed was because of the amount of people watching it. The servers couldn't handle all the traffic it was getting.

If ROH can find a server that can handle how many people are watching a PPV, then they'll be good.

It's entirely possible that even Ustream could fail, and that the technology is just not here yet for a good live feed on the internet.

I honestly think ROH should try YouTube to host iPPV's. They have live concerts on there all the time, and I've never had a problem watching them, and I imagine even a band like Bloc Party could easily get at least 5000 people to watch them, so ROH could get 2,000-3,000 easily.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

TYFDK wrote:I can't remember where I heard this, but the reason iPPV failed was because of the amount of people watching it. The servers couldn't handle all the traffic it was getting.

If ROH can find a server that can handle how many people are watching a PPV, then they'll be good.

It's entirely possible that even Ustream could fail, and that the technology is just not here yet for a good live feed on the internet.

I honestly think ROH should try YouTube to host iPPV's. They have live concerts on there all the time, and I've never had a problem watching them, and I imagine even a band like Bloc Party could easily get at least 5000 people to watch them, so ROH could get 2,000-3,000 easily.
I haven't had problems with WWE ppv pre-shows on youtube when I've watched them. No idea how many people are streaming those, though. I'd imagine it's probably a fair amount for Wrestlemania and Summerslam.
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

I wish SBG could somehow pull some strings to maybe get a live time slot and do FREE PPV's on TV. Or at least put the Bigger shows on TV for free similar to what TNA has been doing as of late.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

TYFDK wrote:I can't remember where I heard this, but the reason iPPV failed was because of the amount of people watching it. The servers couldn't handle all the traffic it was getting.

Youtube has a good streaming service, but you don't have to pay to stream something on Youtube, so that wouldn't work either.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

If it's possible to have a clean, quality stream the idea should definitely pursued. If SBG are willing to invest money in marquee talent like Styles, Hero, Piper etc. - then why not invest in top of the line iPPV technology?