AJ Styles returns to ROH!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
FightTimFight

Re: AJ Styles returns to ROH!

Post by FightTimFight »

Mattxx87 wrote:
ADouble wrote:Come February Spike might be bidding to get Smackdown.
We're a bit off topic at the moment, but, the only reason I doubt this is because of the WWE Network. I doubt WWE is in negotiations with another channel to secure exclusive rights to one of their brands when they have the Network on the hook hopefully soon. I haven't heard much about developments lately, so I'm not saying you're wrong, it just doesn't make much sense for WWE to negotiate with Spike TV for Smackdown.
A few weeks ago, John Pollock tweeted a link to a Variety story on the WWE TV deal. Here is the link, its an interesting read.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/wwe-aim ... 200966579/
Everything above is simply an opinion and not fact.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I hope Spike take Smackdown and remove TNA from their programming. My God how I hope.
The Dragon Saga

Interesting note, I tried buying tickets for row three and four on the website and their all out of stock which means - as we have always assumed - their sold-out. Only general admission left and whenever I go over 25 it says the quantity isn't available.

Looks like Nashville will be a sell-out.
burrhead

Post by burrhead »

FightTimFight wrote:
Mattxx87 wrote:
ADouble wrote:Come February Spike might be bidding to get Smackdown.
We're a bit off topic at the moment, but, the only reason I doubt this is because of the WWE Network. I doubt WWE is in negotiations with another channel to secure exclusive rights to one of their brands when they have the Network on the hook hopefully soon. I haven't heard much about developments lately, so I'm not saying you're wrong, it just doesn't make much sense for WWE to negotiate with Spike TV for Smackdown.
A few weeks ago, John Pollock tweeted a link to a Variety story on the WWE TV deal. Here is the link, its an interesting read.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/wwe-aim ... 200966579/
Not sure where that reporter gets his info about ratings for NASCAR but he's WAY off. I'm a huge NASCAR fan and the Nationwide Series, which in theory is to the Sprint Cup series like college football is to the NFL, draws those kind of ratings regularly. However, Sprint Cup series races draw 2-3 times that rating he gives. I know that has nothing to do with the topic we're really on right now but if any of the other info in that article is of the same mindset, not sure how accurate it is.
burrhead

Post by burrhead »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Interesting note, I tried buying tickets for row three and four on the website and their all out of stock which means - as we have always assumed - their sold-out. Only general admission left and whenever I go over 25 it says the quantity isn't available.

Great! Really looking forward to the first taping of the year and what it has in store.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:I hope Spike take Smackdown and remove TNA from their programming. My God how I hope.
That maneuver would not help ROH or wrestling in general at all. Not quite sure why you would want a company as big as TNA to lose it's TV in an already diminishing wrestling scene.
The Dragon Saga

bik100 wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:I hope Spike take Smackdown and remove TNA from their programming. My God how I hope.
That maneuver would not help ROH or wrestling in general at all. Not quite sure why you would want a company as big as TNA to lose it's TV in an already diminishing wrestling scene.
While I admit it wouldn't be good for the business, personally I don't watch whatever their product is and feel their simply nothing more then an endless well of disappointment and misery to those who do or like myself have previously followed the company back when it actually gave a shit in like... '06? Something like that.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
bik100 wrote:
While I admit it wouldn't be good for the business, personally I don't watch whatever their product is and feel their simply nothing more then an endless well of disappointment and misery to those who do or like myself have previously followed the company back when it actually gave a shit in like... '06? Something like that.
Could say that for any company. Doesn't mean they should lose their TV.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

burrhead wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:Interesting note, I tried buying tickets for row three and four on the website and their all out of stock which means - as we have always assumed - their sold-out. Only general admission left and whenever I go over 25 it says the quantity isn't available.

Great! Really looking forward to the first taping of the year and what it has in store.
Hope there's a couple for me to pick up at the door.
JSP

Post by JSP »

bik100 wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote: While I admit it wouldn't be good for the business, personally I don't watch whatever their product is and feel their simply nothing more then an endless well of disappointment and misery to those who do or like myself have previously followed the company back when it actually gave a shit in like... '06? Something like that.
Could say that for any company. Doesn't mean they should lose their TV.
You're right, but everybody knows that the only reason you even bothered to reply to this is because you're basically the only TNA fanboy here, and it makes me laugh. Every time someone even says something passing about TNA you come in and wave your wand of "I SHALL DEFEND". Guarantee you if he said that about WWE, you'd look the other way.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'm definitely not a TNA fanboy, but I'd rather they didn't lose their TV deal. It wouldn't be good for wrestling in general.

So off topic :)
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Robareid wrote:I'm definitely not a TNA fanboy, but I'd rather they didn't lose their TV deal. It wouldn't be good for wrestling in general.

So off topic :)
+1
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Meltzer reports that Styles will work the two upcoming Philly shows, 12th Anniversary and the TV taping.

Says that due to having both AJ and Piper in Nashville, who both get high fees, ROH is spending a lot more on this show than usual. As a cost-saving measure, their other high-priced guy, Matt Hardy, will not appear.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

AJ Styles, Chris Hero, and Piper but no Matt Hardy? How unfortunate.

I feel a little...nope. I feel nothing. I was going to care, but then I just couldn't. I'm not sure anyone is like "OH THEY HAVE AJ STYLES, CHRIS HERO, ADAM COLE, KEVIN STEEN, AND OTHERS BUT NOT MATT HARDY! EFF THAT IM NOT GOING!". Well, except Matt himself.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Again, this might just be a generation thing, but if they're paying Piper a comparable appearance fee as Styles or London or Hero or Hardy or whatever, then I kind of hope he's only getting one appearance. I mean he can cut some really good promos, but so can Hardy, and at least he is going to wrestle as well.
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

It seems very odd to me that Toby Keith and Jeff Jarrett were in talks to buy TNA, Jeff Jarrett got power and was agenting the matches at every taping and suddenly there's no sale and Jarrett has signed his notice. Very similar to how Bischoff tried to buy WCW, got power and then WWF stepped in and bought it. I wonder if Keith and Jarrett have thought the idea of buying TNA might be to much of a risk if Spike picks up Smackdown and dumps TNA. I certainly wouldnt feel comfortable buying a company in the last year of their TV deal.

As far as Ring of Honor goes, great news if its a sell out. There's more hype around ROH currently than there has been in a while.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I've said this elsewhere, but if you want TNA to go under, you're not a wrestling fan.

Wanting the death of one of the top three promotions, no matter your opinion of it, is downright awful. Plenty of talented wrestlers would lose their jobs, and wrestling would be down to two promotions. I won't state my opinions on the WWE here, because they certainly aren't favorable, but if you just have the WWE and ROH on TV, then wrestling in general would be at the lowest point it's been in for a looooong time.

So people wishing for the death of TNA? Fuck off. That's a completely selfish thing of you to want.

With that being said, I like the ROH logo in this pictue:

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
bik100 wrote:
So because you (As in, one) don't feel like (and haven't been) bothering with it anymore, it should be cancelled despite the people (As in roughly a million weekly) who do enjoy?

Smarky internet pretentiousness, people.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Burnside wrote:Meltzer reports that Styles will work the two upcoming Philly shows, 12th Anniversary and the TV taping.
Didn't ROH announce this themselves a few days ago?
Last Real Man Hype
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Marketh. wrote:
Burnside wrote:Meltzer reports that Styles will work the two upcoming Philly shows, 12th Anniversary and the TV taping.
Didn't ROH announce this themselves a few days ago?
They did.