AJ Styles returns to ROH!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: AJ Styles returns to ROH!

Post by The Dragon Saga »

TYFDK wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:I sent him a tweet and he told me he was politely asked to remove it, but he was making a new one including ROH footage.

Since I was also tweeting Court Bauer earlier on discussing the video, I doubt ROH has an issue with the video so I assume TNA asked he remove it due to utilizing footage of AJ.

EDIT: http://vimeo.com/83193495

Not as good as the first and I'm not too big on the song choice but whatever, still gets me pretty pumped for AJ's return.
Don't like the song either, but I liked it more than usual because it didn't have the dude who usually sings it in the clip.

I want him to keep making those videos, only if ROH TV is shown in HD. Otherwise, what's the point?
Presentation purposes. It has that professional feel to it, while ROH's current hype videos - like I said, have improved a lot on what they were - are quite basic. Give this guy the footage, some time and some funds to source music and stuff, we could get hype videos back such as this:

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So AJ Styles did an interview with Wrestling Observer Radio recently. Here's some short notes on what was said:

- AJ confirms he's a free agent.

- AJ said he's interested in going to Japan and is looking forward to his upcoming ROH appearances.

- AJ said never really thought he'd be gone from TNA because he'd been there so long and felt he was valuable.

- AJ said he didn't think it made much sense that TNA continued to build things around him in the autumn if they didn't think he was sticking around.

- AJ said changing the ring to four sides was one of the biggest mistake in company history.

- AJ said at first he didn't get along too well with Eric Bischoff, but they got friendlier over time.

- AJ said that the door is still open for him to return to TNA.

- AJ said that he had tried to accommodate TNA as much as he could during negotiations, but it just didn't work out.

- AJ said he would absolutely go to WWE if they made the right offer, but he's not in talks with them at the moment.

- AJ told a story about a tryout he had with WWE where Triple H told him he needed to "slow down." He thinks it was good advice and he has tried to slow down in recent years.

- He also spoke with F4Wonline.com and said those who continue to claim that this is part of a storyline will never apologize once they learn it's real. AJ also said no bridges were burned with TNA. He said he may return there in the future but expects to be appearing for Ring of Honor for a while.
dudelove

Post by dudelove »

Sooo... AJ just made a "shocking" return on Impact. Wonder what this means?
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

dudelove wrote:Sooo... AJ just made a "shocking" return on Impact. Wonder what this means?
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 2330212352
dudelove

Post by dudelove »

Mike0284 wrote:
dudelove wrote:Sooo... AJ just made a "shocking" return on Impact. Wonder what this means?
I never watch TNA and just stopped while flipping. I thought it was live because of the "impactlive" hashtag. So it was pre-taped? Wonder if that means the Magnus match they teased for next week will happen. I'm
So confused as to whether this is all a work (and not in an intriguing way). Just seems kinda bushleague.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Best advertisement ever :lol:
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

dudelove wrote:
Mike0284 wrote:
I never watch TNA and just stopped while flipping. I thought it was live because of the "impactlive" hashtag. So it was pre-taped? Wonder if that means the Magnus match they teased for next week will happen. I'm
So confused as to whether this is all a work (and not in an intriguing way). Just seems kinda bushleague.
They are pre-taping a huge amount of shows now.
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

The Observer also says he's talking to AAA and New Japan and waiting to see what Jeff Jarrett's next move is (in regards to starting up with Toby Keith). Dividing his time because AAA big shows, New Japan and ROH would great for the wrestling fan. He'd be best suited to wait this thing out for a few months. His value is pretty high right now. I think people forget how great AJ is because he's been treading water in TNA for so long. This year could prove to be his best yet if he takes advantage of the opportunities presented in front of him.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

I wonder what Jarrett is thinking about doing.
JSP

Post by JSP »

bik100 wrote:I wonder what Jarrett is thinking about doing.
Probably hiring Vince Russo to fuck up another wrestling company.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

JSP wrote:
They should hire Jim Cornette..

[cornette]
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Mike0284 wrote:
With the death of iPPV's, it's on tape delay for most of us too :P
JSP

Post by JSP »

Mattxx87 wrote:
JSP wrote:

[cornette]
Lol at that comparison. So much wrong with it, it hurts.

The day Corny books Judy Bagwell on a Pole, I'll concede that.
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

Apparently, they were trying to buy TNA but got cold feet now WWE isn't so sure about selling their TV as a package deal. Come February Spike might be bidding to get Smackdown. And without Spike TNA is worth about $3.

Its amazing to think TNA has spent 10s of millions of dollars on the promotion and there is more chance ROH will be in business by the end of 2014 than they will.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

ADouble wrote:Come February Spike might be bidding to get Smackdown.
We're a bit off topic at the moment, but, the only reason I doubt this is because of the WWE Network. I doubt WWE is in negotiations with another channel to secure exclusive rights to one of their brands when they have the Network on the hook hopefully soon. I haven't heard much about developments lately, so I'm not saying you're wrong, it just doesn't make much sense for WWE to negotiate with Spike TV for Smackdown.
burrhead

Post by burrhead »

Just noticed on the Highspots website they have done a shoot with AJ to be released in the next couple of weeks.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

burrhead wrote:Just noticed on the Highspots website they have done a shoot with AJ to be released in the next couple of weeks.
Looking forward to it, hope we get a Kevin Steen Show with him soon too
astoph

Post by astoph »

dudelove wrote:
Mike0284 wrote:
The match with Magnus already happened. It will air next week as "teased".
astoph

Post by astoph »

Mattxx87 wrote:
JSP wrote:

[cornette]
Better than Russo. Just saying.
astoph

Post by astoph »

Mattxx87 wrote:
ADouble wrote:Come February Spike might be bidding to get Smackdown.
We're a bit off topic at the moment, but, the only reason I doubt this is because of the WWE Network. I doubt WWE is in negotiations with another channel to secure exclusive rights to one of their brands when they have the Network on the hook hopefully soon. I haven't heard much about developments lately, so I'm not saying you're wrong, it just doesn't make much sense for WWE to negotiate with Spike TV for Smackdown.
It makes perfect sence considering it leaves TNA without a tv outlet. Besides the wwe network won't be the only way to watch smackdown.