AJ Styles returns to ROH!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnythingButWWE

Re: AJ Styles returns to ROH!

Post by AnythingButWWE »

This whole thing seems pretty odd to me. AJ was reportedly close to a deal with TNA and "expected to return shortly", now he's in ROH (returning in Nashville at that).

I wouldn't be surprised at all if ROH & TNA were working together. ROH gets a big star on their show, in a venue where he is sure to draw. ROH also gets TNA people to start watching its show. Put simply - it's great exposure for ROH.

As far as TNA is concerned, it gets to pull one over the IWC's eyes. It gets to have its #1 angle on a different brand. And when AJ eventually shows back up on Impact, they will likely pull some ROH viewers in as well. On top of that, they'd be creating a product buzz that WWE simply couldn't do.

Regardless, I'm extremely excited to see AJ v. Roddy. Roddy's not my first choice (Steen is), nor is he my second choice (Elgin). He's not the highest flyer in the world either. But Roddy is as technically proficient as anyone in the world, and he'll be able to give AJ a run for his money. Besides, it's Mr. ROH v. Mr. TNA for crying out loud!
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Um, the AJ angle is all but over. He
Spoiler: show
lost the title unification match against Magnus
and it's now just waiting to be aired.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

AnythingButWWE wrote:This whole thing seems pretty odd to me. AJ was reportedly close to a deal with TNA and "expected to return shortly", now he's in ROH (returning in Nashville at that).

I wouldn't be surprised at all if ROH & TNA were working together. ROH gets a big star on their show, in a venue where he is sure to draw. ROH also gets TNA people to start watching its show. Put simply - it's great exposure for ROH.

As far as TNA is concerned, it gets to pull one over the IWC's eyes. It gets to have its #1 angle on a different brand. And when AJ eventually shows back up on Impact, they will likely pull some ROH viewers in as well. On top of that, they'd be creating a product buzz that WWE simply couldn't do.

Regardless, I'm extremely excited to see AJ v. Roddy. Roddy's not my first choice (Steen is), nor is he my second choice (Elgin). He's not the highest flyer in the world either. But Roddy is as technically proficient as anyone in the world, and he'll be able to give AJ a run for his money. Besides, it's Mr. ROH v. Mr. TNA for crying out loud!
Haha no. Judging by your forum name I realize you don't like WWE but a TNA/ROH partnership would not affect anything business wise. Not trying to sound mean or insulting but just stating a fact. Besides, ROH and TNA will never work together anyway.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Smile wrote:
JSP wrote:Because it really isn't that big of a deal in the scheme of things. Considering the laughingstock TNA has become this year, I think more people just accept this as par for the course more so than "MUNCHY BALLZ AJ IS LEAVING". If this was even 2012, it would be a totally different story.
This has nothing to do with TNA. Jan 4 is the return of AJ Styles and Chris Hero to ROH. That's a big deal for ROH. I wish the bigger wrestling sites covered ROH a little more.
SBG's version of ROH has bored the site and dirtsheet writers, that's why it isn't covered. It has no kind of relevant impact on the business. TNA, for all of its fault, has a global reach and millions of viewers on a cable network owned by Viacom.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

supersonic wrote:
Smile wrote:
JSP wrote:Because it really isn't that big of a deal in the scheme of things. Considering the laughingstock TNA has become this year, I think more people just accept this as par for the course more so than "MUNCHY BALLZ AJ IS LEAVING". If this was even 2012, it would be a totally different story.
This has nothing to do with TNA. Jan 4 is the return of AJ Styles and Chris Hero to ROH. That's a big deal for ROH. I wish the bigger wrestling sites covered ROH a little more.
SBG's version of ROH has bored the site and dirtsheet writers, that's why it isn't covered. It has no kind of relevant impact on the business. TNA, for all of its fault, has a global reach and millions of viewers on a cable network owned by Viacom.
Its covered consistently on WrestleZone, PWInsider, WrestlingInc - the three biggest dirtsheet, news sites on the net other then the Observer who also covers it weekly. Fuck, WrestleZone's Mike Killam has even said there been a big increase in viewership on ROH related content in the last year and as someone who writes for different websites my review and results of Final Battle which is didn't even advertise much outside a link on here has drawn over 4,000 reads; bigger then the last three WWE PPV's reviews we've done.

What are you talking about?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

First, and most important, none of those are dirtsheets, and the folks at PWSpyware would tell you that themselves. There's a difference between a dirtsheet and a copy-and-paste website aimed at young, broke, unsophisticated audiences. There are only 3 dirtsheets in existence going into 2014.

Also, those sites you write hire average joes, such as yourself. There's a difference between a commoner like you and an actual reporter such as Meltzer, Alvarez, Keller, and Johnson. You are sorely mistaken (and likely trolling) if you say that getting 4,000 views on your smarky page is somehow momentum and indicative of the ebbs and flows of the business that a federation is experiencing.

Why don't you do the only thing you're good at, and dazzle us with fictional e-mail newsletter stories.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

supersonic wrote:First, and most important, none of those are dirtsheets, and the folks at PWSpyware would tell you that themselves. There's a difference between a dirtsheet and a copy-and-paste website aimed at young, broke, unsophisticated audiences. There are only 3 dirtsheets in existence going into 2014.

Also, those sites you write hire average joes, such as yourself. There's a difference between a commoner like you and an actual reporter such as Meltzer, Alvarez, Keller, and Johnson. You are sorely mistaken (and likely trolling) if you say that getting 4,000 views on your smarky page is somehow momentum and indicative of the ebbs and flows of the business that a federation is experiencing.

Why don't you do the only thing you're good at, and dazzle us with fictional e-mail newsletter stories.
Well, I laughed. You and Mike Adamle should form a team. Guardians of LOLs.
Baxter Stockman

Post by Baxter Stockman »

supersonic wrote:First, and most important, none of those are dirtsheets
This is gimmick infringement.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

supersonic wrote:First, and most important, none of those are dirtsheets, and the folks at PWSpyware would tell you that themselves. There's a difference between a dirtsheet and a copy-and-paste website aimed at young, broke, unsophisticated audiences. There are only 3 dirtsheets in existence going into 2014.

He does have a point here. Too bad the whole post makes him sound like a douche.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

PWInsider is reporting that AJ Styles's January 4th return at the Nashville Fairgrounds ROH TV tapings is not the only date that Styles will work with the promotion. Styles won't be signing with the company, but is slated to be added to additional ROH dates in 2014, according to their report.

Regarding his return, Styles' representatives literally reached out to ROH late Friday/early Saturday to lock in the deal. Styles gave feelers to PWInsider last week during an interview on a possible return to the company, and noted that at one point he almost left TNA for ROH when the company forced him to choose one or the other. Styles said it was a hard decision but ended up siding with TNA because he was offer him more dates per year.
LongTimeROHFan
Banned
Banned

Post by LongTimeROHFan »

I will chime in with this, if you continue to use any site other PWInsider.com or F4WOnline.com for your wrestling news you simply are willing to accept innept "reporters" who simply copy and paste their info or make it up to get hits. Save your energy, use those two sites and maybe learn a thing or two that's accurate.
Lol it was JSWO again - ROHWorld_Harry.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
PWInsider is reporting that AJ Styles's January 4th return at the Nashville Fairgrounds ROH TV tapings is not the only date that Styles will work with the promotion. Styles won't be signing with the company, but is slated to be added to additional ROH dates in 2014, according to their report.

Regarding his return, Styles' representatives literally reached out to ROH late Friday/early Saturday to lock in the deal. Styles gave feelers to PWInsider last week during an interview on a possible return to the company, and noted that at one point he almost left TNA for ROH when the company forced him to choose one or the other. Styles said it was a hard decision but ended up siding with TNA because he was offer him more dates per year.
That second paragraph is interesting. Imagine back then without Styles. I don't think they wouldn't had that Sacrifice match, which put a lot of eyes on TNA.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

JTCole wrote:

He does have a point here. Too bad the whole post makes him sound like a douche.
Considering Dragon Saga is arguably one of the bigger douchebags here, I don't think supersonic came across bad at all.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

JTCole wrote:

What do you mean sound like? Any use of the word 'commoner', as in the above, defaults you into that category. You can even sub-categorize it into 'elitist douche' if you want to go through the effort.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

:lol:
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The Dragon Saga wrote:

The "I just got completely buried, so I'll just mask my anger with a phony LOL that everyone can see through" reaction.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Baxter Stockman wrote:
supersonic wrote:First, and most important, none of those are dirtsheets
This is gimmick infringement.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
JSP

Post by JSP »

The Dragon Saga wrote:

As much of a condescending dickhead as he sounds, you should probably quit while you're behind. Not doing yourself any favors, brother.
Recall

Post by Recall »

And again it devolves in to using bullshit websites as the source for anything. Open your fucking eyes.

Also Wrestlezone is not a thing. It never was.
In your honour.
Recall

Post by Recall »

MooseNugget wrote:
Recall wrote:I knew it. And we had people being all like "contracts say this", "this website says this", further proving that no one knows shit except the direct party involved.
lol I been going through the forum and I have been seeing a lot of that. You should just link someone to this tread when they start that.
I will start making it a thing.
In your honour.