Would Jeff Jarrett be a welcome addition to ROH?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mike Adamle

Would Jeff Jarrett be a welcome addition to ROH?

Post by Mike Adamle »

I'd welcome him in with open arms. Jeff Jarrett is the type of wrestler ROH could use right now. A legit star from the hottest era in wrestling. He's a big name, and can wrestle. He can be a good face or a good heel too. He'd be able to teach a lot to the talent of tomorrow here in ROH.

What feuds would you like to see him in?

I think a Jeff Jarrett-Chris Hero program would be epic. And if they wanted Jarrett heel I'd pair him off with Cole and Hardy, or maybe just let Hardy go and move Jarrett into his spot.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
BalzOfHonor

Re: Would Jeff Jarrett be a welcome addition to ROH?

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Pairing him with Cole and Hardy would be pretty good.
But I don't think Jarrett's price tag would be worth it.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I hear that but at the same time, is Matt Hardy's price tag really worth it? Was Jim Cornette's price tag really worth it? Jeff Jarrett brings much more talent than either of those two, I think he'd be worth the price tag. Plus, the guy's a former WCW champion. That'd sound good on ROH tv.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
JSP

Post by JSP »

Mike Adamle wrote:I'd welcome him in with open arms. Jeff Jarrett is the type of wrestler ROH could use right now. A legit star from the hottest era in wrestling. He's a big name, and can wrestle. He can be a good face or a good heel too. He'd be able to teach a lot to the talent of tomorrow here in ROH.

What feuds would you like to see him in?

I think a Jeff Jarrett-Chris Hero program would be epic. And if they wanted Jarrett heel I'd pair him off with Cole and Hardy, or maybe just let Hardy go and move Jarrett into his spot.
This might be the greatest post you've ever wasted time on. Never change, brother.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Mike Adamle wrote:I hear that but at the same time, is Matt Hardy's price tag really worth it? Was Jim Cornette's price tag really worth it? Jeff Jarrett brings much more talent than either of those two, I think he'd be worth the price tag. Plus, the guy's a former WCW champion. That'd sound good on ROH tv.
So is David Arquette, should ROH bring him in aswell?
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

:lol:
Could sb please ban this troll :D
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

... How am I trolling? The minute someone like JTG has their future endeavors posted on wwe.com someone has a thread on this forum asking if he should be brought to ROH. Well TNA just got rid of Jeff Jarrett, an actual name who in just 2011 was having great matches with Kurt Angle and is in good wrestling shape, and I'm asking if you'd like to see him in ROH or not. Why don't you stop trolling my thread and contribute?
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

This. Thread. Is. Great.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Only if he would be brought in as the mentor of Adam Cole 's mentor.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
LongTimeROHFan
Banned
Banned

Post by LongTimeROHFan »

The joke has lost its luster and I've only been here two weeks.
Lol it was JSWO again - ROHWorld_Harry.
Bucky Katt

Post by Bucky Katt »

Id love to see him come in just for the heat he'd draw.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Obvious troll is obvious.

Between these threads and his rating system, how has he not been banned yet? Seriously.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

ROHFan25 wrote:Between these threads and his rating system, how has he not been banned yet? Seriously.
Obviously we're all nerds here, but this doesn't strike you as an incredibly over-the-top nerdy thing to complain about?
Last Real Man Hype
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Marketh. wrote:
ROHFan25 wrote:Between these threads and his rating system, how has he not been banned yet? Seriously.
Obviously we're all nerds here, but this doesn't strike you as an incredibly over-the-top nerdy thing to complain about?
Dude he's just easily the most annoying poster on this board.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Rating a match *******3/4 is something that many people besides me complain about. Call it nerdy or whatever you want...it's just annoying and stupid.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

This thread doesn't have anything to do with any of my star ratings... it's about Jeff Jarrett coming into ROH where I think he could be a main event player OR a good veteran talent that can help show an up and comer the roots like Corino did with Steen and like Hardy is doing with Cole right now. Jeff Jarrett's got that same douchebaggery to him where a mentor to either member or both members of redDRagon would be a hoot! Plus he's a much needed boost of star power which ROH desperatley needs right now.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
RacingBoy

Post by RacingBoy »

Jarrett was a great talent in the ring he could decently help sure a lot of the guy work instead of just doing spot fest wrestling
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Na, I wouldn't want to see him wrestle in ROH. However, I think he could serve some role with the company. He obviously has years of valuable experience in the wrestling business, producting weekly TV, etc. and was doing quite a bit of stuff with TNA promotion wise.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Mike Adamle wrote:This thread doesn't have anything to do with any of my star ratings... it's about Jeff Jarrett coming into ROH where I think he could be a main event player OR a good veteran talent that can help show an up and comer the roots like Corino did with Steen and like Hardy is doing with Cole right now. Jeff Jarrett's got that same douchebaggery to him where a mentor to either member or both members of redDRagon would be a hoot! Plus he's a much needed boost of star power which ROH desperatley needs right now.
You're another believer in the myth that past-their-prime wrestlers who once wrestled in a big company to automatically bring STAR POWERZ YO to a smaller company. Matt Hardy didn't draw any crowds and he was just as big a star as Jarrett was, since Jarrett was world-champion in two companies significantly below the standards/value of WWE. As Mike Graham once said, "He broke 800 guitars and never drew a dime." If he couldn't draw for a fledgling TNA, he won't draw for ROH. You just get more ridiculous by the day.

ROH doesn't need "star power". They need to build their own stars. And if you honestly think Jarrett could hang with guys like Adam Cole and Michael Elgin, you're stretching too far even for the lofty standards of this board, which sees some pretty ridiculous stuff on a daily basis. Please just quit while you're behind because you're getting nonsensical at this point.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

JSP wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:This thread doesn't have anything to do with any of my star ratings... it's about Jeff Jarrett coming into ROH where I think he could be a main event player OR a good veteran talent that can help show an up and comer the roots like Corino did with Steen and like Hardy is doing with Cole right now. Jeff Jarrett's got that same douchebaggery to him where a mentor to either member or both members of redDRagon would be a hoot! Plus he's a much needed boost of star power which ROH desperatley needs right now.
You're another believer in the myth that past-their-prime wrestlers who once wrestled in a big company to automatically bring STAR POWERZ YO to a smaller company. Matt Hardy didn't draw any crowds and he was just as big a star as Jarrett was, since Jarrett was world-champion in two companies significantly below the standards/value of WWE. As Mike Graham once said, "He broke 800 guitars and never drew a dime." If he couldn't draw for a fledgling TNA, he won't draw for ROH. You just get more ridiculous by the day.

ROH doesn't need "star power". They need to build their own stars. And if you honestly think Jarrett could hang with guys like Adam Cole and Michael Elgin, you're stretching too far even for the lofty standards of this board, which sees some pretty ridiculous stuff on a daily basis. Please just quit while you're behind because you're getting nonsensical at this point.
How is Jeff Jarrett passed his prime? Once again I reference his feud with Kurt Angle in 2011. It was some of the best work he has done EVER and one of the only feuds I'd heard pretty much universal praise from. And this was at a time where everybody on the internet says Kurt Angle goes through the motions and doesn't use psychology anymore he just suplexes everyone around the ring, so don't give me "Kurt Angle carried the feud."

Maybe ROH doesn't need "star power" but they need something. Many fans have been saying for the last year or two about how ROH is boring and stagnant. Over the last year there has been some praise on the wrestling but the booking has often still been criticized for lack of excitement and lack of storytelling. ROH just hasn't really had anything to talk about this year. There was ROH vs. SCUM which most people didn't like, and then when they vacated their world title this year that was noteworthy... and then had the most predictable tournament ever. While it was a great tournament wrestling-wise it only produced two storylines. Their were like 16 people in the tourney if memory serves right. And the only storylines were Adam Cole's heel turn in the last match and Michael Bennett ending BJ Whitmer's career which I'm not sure was even on purpose.

ROH needs a jolt. And signing Jeff Jarrett is definatley a jolt. Besides, it couldn't necessarily be a bad thing could it? He doesn't need to wrestle all the time, just be a character and maybe wrestle every so often like he did in TNA. I'm sure there's a lot of things he could show ROH on the backstage and business side of things though. ROH and TNA started at about the same time. Jarrett's promotion obviously went further than ROH did while Jarrett was in charge. He could show a lot of people a lot of things. Maybe then ROH might actually be able to get ahead of TNA and become the #2 promotion.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: