Official "Wrestling's Finest" (Pittsburgh 1/25) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Official "Wrestling's Finest" (Pittsburgh 1/25) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

WWE's Royal Rumble won't be the only wrestling show in Pittsburgh this weekend. ROH makes its return to the Steel City for a huge live event! Here's the card thus far:

Wrestling's Finest
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 1/25/14

- Three-Way Tag Team Elimination Match - ROH World Champion Adam Cole & Matt Hardy vs. Chris Hero & "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. The Briscoes
- "Intrepid Traveler" Paul London vs. Cedric Alexander
- ROH World TV Title - Triple Threat - "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa vs. Jay Lethal vs. Matt Taven
- ROH World Tag Team Champion Kyle O'Reilly vs. Kevin Steen
- The Decade (Jimmy Jacobs & BJ Whitmer) vs. Adrenaline RUSH
- The Finals of the 2014 Top Prospect Tournament -
Spoiler: show
Raymond Rowe vs. Hanson
- The Romantic Touch vs. Michael Bennett (with Maria Kanellis)

Also signed to appear:

- Kevin Kelly & Steve Corino

Keep all discussions here...
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
TYFDK

Re: Official "Wrestling's Finest" (Pittsburgh 1/25) Thread

Post by TYFDK »

Definitely going to this, as I definitely can't stand how awesome the card is so far.

Like damn, really. Like damn.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Son of a gun, they did pull Outlaws Inc. Maybe it wasn't an angle after all.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DBSommer wrote:Son of a gun, they did pull Outlaws Inc. Maybe it wasn't an angle after all.
I guess what happened after the match in the crowd was legit. What exactly happened with Kingston? Did somebody hit him or throw something at him (I don't remember and honestly couldn't tell when I watched the VOD)?
Silentpoisin

Post by Silentpoisin »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
DBSommer wrote:Son of a gun, they did pull Outlaws Inc. Maybe it wasn't an angle after all.
I guess what happened after the match in the crowd was legit. What exactly happened with Kingston? Did somebody hit him or throw something at him (I don't remember and honestly couldn't tell when I watched the VOD)?
They ALMOST did. Kingston was really pissed off. He went into the crowd and got into a guy's face. I was there i sat front row
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Really pumped for this show. Happy ROH is finally able to run inside the city and not in Belle Vernon.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Elgin's pic is horrible.
MOOSE!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

really looking forward to this show, really good card thus far; wasn't Lethal/Ciampa also announced for this?
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

It's been hinted, but not for any particular show I think.

Also, agreed on that Elgin pic. Who made that choice?
Last Real Man Hype
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Got 3rd row tickets to this. Should've ordered quicker, I suppose, but i wanted to see some of the card first.

Maybe I'll see young Court Bauer there.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

If anyone attending the show is looking for something to do before the show, Chris Jericho is making an appearance in the same building at a big auto show from 12pm-3pm.

http://autorama.com/attend-show/jan-24- ... elebrities
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Eddie Kingston ‏@ChikaraKingston 12h
So a fan can throw beer on me spit at me and I should do nothing because it is bad rep for Sinclair? Get out of here, they got what they Desrve and anyone can get it. I'm a grown ass man don't disrespect partna. Then I get suspended then told to stop busting @ringofhonor Me and homicide are just laughing what are you going to sue me for? My newports and protein shakes lolol. Cowards you think I'm done with @ringofhonor watch you money hungry well wishing smile in my face talk behind our backs cowards. Marks trying to run shit hahaha you Have no idea how bad you messed up. Ooo any smart mark pigs want to get at me come and get me and watch me bury you hahaha #OutlawInc
BelieveInTheFallAOTF

Post by BelieveInTheFallAOTF »

LolEddie.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Ha. If people throw crap at wrestlers they kind of deserve whatever they get. If Homicide and Kingston get the boot, hopefully it's not because of that. Didn't Steen punch out a couple guys at Boiling Point?
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Ha. If people throw crap at wrestlers they kind of deserve whatever they get. If Homicide and Kingston get the boot, hopefully it's not because of that. Didn't Steen punch out a couple guys at Boiling Point?
If I'm not mistaken they were plants.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

187_Joeism wrote:Eddie Kingston ‏@ChikaraKingston 12h
So a fan can throw beer on me spit at me and I should do nothing because it is bad rep for Sinclair? Get out of here, they got what they Desrve and anyone can get it. I'm a grown ass man don't disrespect partna. Then I get suspended then told to stop busting @ringofhonor Me and homicide are just laughing what are you going to sue me for? My newports and protein shakes lolol. Cowards you think I'm done with @ringofhonor watch you money hungry well wishing smile in my face talk behind our backs cowards. Marks trying to run shit hahaha you Have no idea how bad you messed up. Ooo any smart mark pigs want to get at me come and get me and watch me bury you hahaha #OutlawInc
I'd be pretty happy if he and Homicide get the boot, they do not contribute anything to the product and have horrible matches against some of the most talented tag teams out there, if that doesn't tell you they suck I don't know what will
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

They've fought two of the most talented teams out there. One match was great, and the other was nowhere NEAR the disaster that some people are making it out to be.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Think Styles will make this show? He wrestles Chris Hero in Toronto the next day. They could travel together.
Tenryu's Perm

Post by Tenryu's Perm »

Mountaineer wrote:Think Styles will make this show? He wrestles Chris Hero in Toronto the next day. They could travel together.
I think if he was already booked they'd be promoting the hell out of it. That said, I will so happily be proven wrong if he does indeed end up making the show.