Official "Wrestling's Finest" (Pittsburgh 1/25) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: Official "Wrestling's Finest" (Pittsburgh 1/25) Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

It sucks for Roddy, but i am glad they gave the ball to Cedric Alexander, he is going to run with it for sure, and they said we still going to have London vs Roddy 2/3 falls when Roddy is ok so no problem at all.

I am glad Everett is here, he can be the perfect opener guy when he is paying his dues.
Rooskie

Post by Rooskie »

I loved Strong-London I, but as good as the rematch would have been, Cedric-London should be that much better IMHO.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I agree with the majority: the 2 out of 3 Falls would have been cool, but I love the singles opportunity Cedric gets even more: this match should finally solidify him as a potential breakout star in singles competition in ROH.
Also love Everett is booked, so actually I think this card has gotten even better; plus we will still get to see London/Strong at a later show; everything's lining up perfectly for an epic 2014 for ROH!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hope we get to see Cedric vs Everett wich it seems it was the original match of this show in a future one too, they can tear the roof off for sure.
sg86

Post by sg86 »

I'm guessing it ends up Everett-Marseglia
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyxndQEb ... youtu.be&a

Jay Briscoe is fucking nuts, you just have to love The Briscoes :lol:
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

sg86 wrote:I'm guessing it ends up Everett-Marseglia
Gotta ask...why Marseglia?

And that Briscoes promo. Fantastic.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

More excited for Alexander vs London, especially since we'll still get the 2/3 falls eventually.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Wonder if any wrestling personalities will be in the building? Justin LaBar and David Herro have that Kevin Nash event across town. Could be fun to see.

Wish Court Bauer was coming.

I'll be in the 3rd row likely wearing an Anonymous shirt if anybody wants to say hello.
JSP

Post by JSP »

There was no reason for London to win because Roddy just started in a new stable. You can't have a guy coming off the heels of such a formation lose his first match.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JSP wrote:There was no reason for London to win because Roddy just started in a new stable. You can't have a guy coming off the heels of such a formation lose his first match.
Spoiler: show
He already lost his first match to AJ Styles
At the same time though, do you really think a heel Adam Cole vs. heel Roderick Strong would work? They had great matches last year, but since they're both heel now it'd be next to impossible. I think London was a shoe in to win had the 2/3 Falls Match taken place. Cole/London is a bigger match.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
At the same time though, do you really think a heel Adam Cole vs. heel Roderick Strong would work? They had great matches last year, but since they're both heel now it'd be next to impossible. I think London was a shoe in to win had the 2/3 Falls Match taken place. Cole/London is a bigger match.
I think the fact he was Cole's second challenger for the title already makes him getting another shot so soon a bad idea. I have nothing against another one later on down the line.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41kYOaRG50c
"Knockout Artist" Chris Hero talks Pittsburgh 1/25: Cole, Hardy, Elgin, Briscoes, DECADE.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

the roads are kind of shitty in PGH today so everyone drive safe coming in. Il be in the 2nd row wearing a Rogue Ale Brian Pillman barber shop window shirt. come over and say hey.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

BrandenScott wrote:the roads are kind of shitty in PGH today so everyone drive safe coming in. Il be in the 2nd row wearing a Rogue Ale Brian Pillman barber shop window shirt. come over and say hey.
Yeah, I'm debating about when to get down there. Roads were clear but they're starting to get rewhitened. I probably ought just grab dinner down there early, hit some stuff in the Strip which starts at the convention center anyway.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

which way are you coming from? Looking for someone to car pool with? Split the parking or something?
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

I just left after meeting Chris Jericho and got home in about seven minutes, roads were fine. Parking is flat rate event parking, $10.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Awesome news Shook. Look forward to seeing ya buddy. Lets get this Royal Weekend started
fudge

Post by fudge »

you guys dont think there's any chance of a turn away crowd do ya? i planned on picking up GA tickets at the door
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

fudge wrote:you guys dont think there's any chance of a turn away crowd do ya? i planned on picking up GA tickets at the door
Impossible to say. The one thing about Rostraver (and the only thing) was that there was no way that was going to be filled to capacity. I have no idea which ballroom they have and what the seating arrangement is and what the capacity will be. I think someone said due to early sales they expanded the number of tickets available. OTOH they literally have to pay for each seat they want in there (union only shop, only union handles chairs, each chair costs x to do anything with.) So I can't see them telling them to add a couple hundred seats on a whim since that's close to a thousand dollars, if the prices quoted to me are still in effect.