Court Bauer joins ROH

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DirtyDave

Court Bauer joins ROH

Post by DirtyDave »

Court Bauer started tonight with Ring of Honor in a front office position. He won't be booking the promotion, but working on branding, packaging talent, TV, marketing, event elements, media, digital/social endeavors and media. He was involved in Maria Kanellis' appearance on VH-1 yesterday which was one of the biggest national mentions of ROH in years.

source- http://www.wrestlingobserver.com

I enjoyed his shows that i heard with Konnan. His show on the LAW with John Pollock was excellent too.
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
LongTimeROHFan
Banned
Banned

Re: Court Bauer joins ROH

Post by LongTimeROHFan »

This can't be seen by anyone as anything but a positive.
Lol it was JSWO again - ROHWorld_Harry.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

LongTimeROHFan wrote:This can't be seen by anyone as anything but a positive.
You are new here, give it 24 hours :lol: ;)
riffdog

Post by riffdog »

Yeah, if 90% of the people on this board were given a million dollars they would bitch that it wasn't a million and one.
Baxter Stockman

Post by Baxter Stockman »

This is promising news indeed.

Now let's get Rob Naylor a job with ROH. Maybe he can be the booker.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Very intriguing, should be very positive news!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Very good news to hear. It's awesome that he was involved in that Maria/VH1 Appearance b/c that's pretty big publicity for ROH. Did anyone happen to see it? How much did they talk about Final Battle?
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Really intriguing news. Perhaps that's why Court has been quite complimentary about ROH in some of his recent podcasts.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Very good news to hear. It's awesome that he was involved in that Maria/VH1 Appearance b/c that's pretty big publicity for ROH. Did anyone happen to see it? How much did they talk about Final Battle?
I recorded it, but I think my DVR cut her appearance out.

Apparently they referred to her as a WWE Diva, because heaven forbid TV hosts actually try to do research before they have a guest on their show.
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

I can see court getting the booker spot or becoming co booker wit lizard man by late 2014
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

Will this mean Jared David will return to do commentary?
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

ADouble wrote:Will this mean Jared David will return to do commentary?
Probably not, he's quite busy eating figs and bananas.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Honestly, why isn't he on the booking team?

Say what you want about MLW and H2Wrestling, but every guy on the roster had some sort of character that made them stand out from each other. ROH could use that sort of creativity desperately.

Not to mention that he was responsible for one of the better SmackDown periods. The guy is used to having "the boss" look over your shoulder and having to reach compromises. As people continue to argue over what's Delirious VS What's SBG, Court would be a good bridge to have.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Jeremy wrote:Honestly, why isn't he on the booking team?

Say what you want about MLW and H2Wrestling, but every guy on the roster had some sort of character that made them stand out from each other. ROH could use that sort of creativity desperately.

Not to mention that he was responsible for one of the better SmackDown periods. The guy is used to having "the boss" look over your shoulder and having to reach compromises. As people continue to argue over what's Delirious VS What's SBG, Court would be a good bridge to have.
You're right about him booking Smackdown, but do you know when exactly that period was?
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Well, he was one of the main people behind the successful Finlay push and the formation of Booker T's King Court, he also helped with Velocity and was the one who got that incredible Regal/Benoit on TV, he helped with the cruiserweights and was more or less the SmackDown midcard authority.

Good booker, good ideas, good execution. Like I said, he should at least have some say with Delirious.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I don't know much about Bauer other than he was the guy behind MLW, and the little bit of MLW I have seen has been quite poorly booked, so I'm not looking forward to this at all.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Big Red Machine wrote:I don't know much about Bauer other than he was the guy behind MLW, and the little bit of MLW I have seen has been quite poorly booked, so I'm not looking forward to this at all.
He's not booking
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

YimYac wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I don't know much about Bauer other than he was the guy behind MLW, and the little bit of MLW I have seen has been quite poorly booked, so I'm not looking forward to this at all.
He's not booking
Oh. Well... HOORAY!
RacingBoy

Post by RacingBoy »

If it's half as bad as MLW than it will be ten times better than when Corny had the book but it won't be good
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

If he's working on media and marketing, then what I'd would like Court Bauer to do is to turn the Ringside Membership into something that is actually worth paying for.

With UFC and WWE both launching online "channels" early in 2014 with tons of content, ROH's online membership is a really terrible value in comparison.