Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by famicommander »

He was already going to be at the two Florida shows on the 11th and 12th; I really don't see why they shouldn't book him for the whole SOTF tour too.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Hey I'm all for using him, but I just am curious to as who he's going to face.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

famicommander wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:29 pm He was already going to be at the two Florida shows on the 11th and 12th; I really don't see why they shouldn't book him for the whole SOTF tour too.
Because of World Tag League.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Naito is wrestling in PWRevolver, Glory Pro (vs AR Fox) and AAW (vs Callihan) next year, on February, maybe is comming for a ROH show? The Anniversary?
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I'd be down for Naito at the Anniversary Show. The Anniversary Show still gonna be in Vegas next year?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i hope not...would be cool to see anniversary show in philly.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I mean I like them in Vegas. I stay in Vegas it's nice to be able to attend a ROH show atleast once a year.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

WebConn wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:18 am I'd be down for Naito at the Anniversary Show. The Anniversary Show still gonna be in Vegas next year?
Probably. They have a multi-year deal with Sam's Town.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Young Bucks confirmed for the Sea of Honor Tournament during Chris Jericho's Cruise.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ROH coming back to Nashville, Concord and Atlanta

Nashville - 1/27 (Nashville Municipal Auditorium)
Concord - 2/9 (Cabarrus Arena)
Atlanta - 2/10 (Center Stage)

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/sale-d ... na-atlanta
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Why are they doing to consecutive shows TV Tapings? And then the Center Stage show a VOD? It's a little Weird having to consecutive tv tapings in 10 days, IMO.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I think the arenas are steps in the right direction. Both look great on TV. Their large, can fit over 2,000 people each, if they can plug these as they have been their recent shows and build up some hype for them, I'm optimistic the momentum might carry them through with good, solid crowds.

If someone like an Austin Aries returned before then I'd view someone like that making a difference. Depends on the post-Final Battle buzz too.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I would like a show in between the TV tapings in PHilly in mid December and the Nashville tapings in Nashville in late January. A couple shows in the middle of January would be cool.

There was no All-Star Extravaganza this year. I'd like to see ROH do something crazy like do a All-Star Extravaganza in the Pacific Northwest; Portland, Seattle and Vancouver. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. January 12th, 13th and 14th. Just do the loop Portland on Friday, Seattle on Saturday and Vancouver on Sunday. Seattle is expensive but they can go to Tacoma or Federal way who are like 30 or 40 minutes south of Seattle and there's buildings they could run. And they could bring in Omega to the Vancouver show to draw well.

Another crazy fucking idea; Yakima, Washington is centrally located in the state it's about around a 2 or 2 1/2 hour drive from Seattle has a very large Hispanic population. I believe I heard that 43% of the population out there is Hispanic. There's been a few Lucha shows with Rey Mysterio headlining over the past couple years. If ROH could get a bunch of CMLL talent to come out and then get the BC of The Young Bucks, Cody and Omega on the show plus the normal names of Dalton Castle, Jay Lethal, The Briscoes etc. I think they could draw a pretty good house out there. You put Kenny Omega on the show and I think you could get a decent amount of people to make the drive from the Greater Seattle Area to Yakima.

If they do put the title on Dalton Castle at Final Battle, which I think they should do, then run Dalton Castle defending the World Championship against Kenny Omega as the Main Event, they could get a decent crowd. I don't know CMLL at all and who is who and who to bring in but someone does. I just remembered that you gotta cross the pass to get to Yakima from Seattle and January there is a lot of show. I would say that they should run the seattle area in January and then when they don't run as much in the Summer of like July and August they should run in Yakima and have a ton of CMLL talent on it.

I also think that they should have still run Field of Honor in August even though they couldn't get into Brooklyn. I think they should run in El Paso, there's a minor league stadium there. Run the El Paso stadium with CMLL talent and the usual gamut of wrestlers, El Paso is a wrestling town all they need a strong card and they can draw. They like to go to these indie wrestling hipster markets running with New Japan but I think they should run new markets for them but that a strong wrestling markets that are known for it's Lucha presence and run with CMLL talent.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:42 am The Young Bucks confirmed for the Sea of Honor Tournament during Chris Jericho's Cruise.
Jericho is a smart man. Between this announcement and his Twitter "feud" with Kenny Omega, he has a lot of good momentum for this show.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Hell, I'm in Oregon and I'd definitely go to Yakima to see ROH, especially if Omega was on the card.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The PNW is a region that I've always wondered why ROH hasn't tried running.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Does ROH have tv out that way?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

They have TV in Seattle, Yakima, Portland, El Paso, and a city that hasn't been mentioned that should be, Salt Lake City.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Spokane too and Eugene
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

A small tour of the Pacific Northwest could make sense then. I'd say start with small venues and see how well they draw. I wouldn't bring Omega in yet. Save him for special occasions. Who knows how long his drawing power will last. Lets see how well the ROH roster draws without him.