Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by famicommander »

A timely article from the ROHWorld front page

Wrestlezone asked NJPW's US director of operations George Carroll about the ROH relationship
On whether Ring of Honor has said anything to him about their United States expansion plans:

GC: No. In fact I have personal dealings with the offices of Ring of Honor about things and everything has been great. They haven’t been anything but supportive of us and were there in Long Beach. We are here to support them. The relationship is great and it’s better for the business if that relationship stays strong. Not just for the promotions but for the talent.
http://rohworld.com/njpw-dir-operations ... ong-beach/
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:12 pm A timely article from the ROHWorld front page

Wrestlezone asked NJPW's US director of operations George Carroll about the ROH relationship
On whether Ring of Honor has said anything to him about their United States expansion plans:

GC: No. In fact I have personal dealings with the offices of Ring of Honor about things and everything has been great. They haven’t been anything but supportive of us and were there in Long Beach. We are here to support them. The relationship is great and it’s better for the business if that relationship stays strong. Not just for the promotions but for the talent.
http://rohworld.com/njpw-dir-operations ... ong-beach/
I concede only on the grounds that you provided a quote from George Carroll who I happen to respect. I failed to think about how NJPW has subversively said the WWE is the enemy. So yeah, I guess it would make sense for the time being keeping that alliance intact.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Whats the deal with Final Battle this year?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Laviemarg

Post by Laviemarg »

Have not heard anything about Final Battle since reading months ago that it was expected back at the Hammerstein. I would imagine venue schedule and pay per view dates lining up, that is where it will be.

The Hammerstein has no events on sale for December currently.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

The Megapowers Explode!!!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The worst part is that after this feud ends both guys will be in the exact same place and the card anyway.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

match of the year.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Professional wrestling has a rich history in Florida, Texas, and Oklahoma, and Ring of Honor will continue that tradition when the best wrestling on the planet comes to those states for a series of live events in November.
ROH will be in the Sunshine State for live events on Nov. 11 in Fort Lauderdale at the Memorial Auditorium, and Nov. 12 in Lakeland at the RP Funding Center.

The following week, ROH heads to Texas for two events: Nov. 17 in San Antonio at the Austin Highway Event Center and Nov. 18 in Dallas at Gilley’s Dallas. Then it’s on to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, at the Cox Convention Center on Nov. 19.

Tickets for each show will be available for RINGSIDE MEMBERS on Wednesday, Sept. 6 at 10 a.m. Eastern. Tickets go on sale to the GENERAL PUBLIC on Friday, Sept. 8 at 10 a.m. Eastern.

The action in ROH has been hotter than ever, thanks in large part to the success of Bullet Club, which has transcended the sport into the realm of pop culture.

Bullet Club currently controls three of ROH’s four titles, with the controversial Cody holding the ROH World Championship (while maintaining his free-agent status), The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) holding the ROH World Tag Team Title, and The Young Bucks and Adam Page recently winning the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Title.

Bullet Club has no shortage of outstanding challengers, however, as the best wrestlers from all over the world have their sights set on winning gold in ROH. It remains to be seen whether Bullet Club will still be riding high in November, but there’s no doubt that all of the competitors in ROH will be looking to make an impact on this important five-city stretch. Every ROH live event is a unique experience and anything can happen on any given show

There’s truly nothing like seeing the hard-hitting, in-your-face action that only ROH can provide LIVE. Don’t miss your chance to be there!

Nov. 11, 2017
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Memorial Auditorium
7:00 pm bell time

Nov. 12, 2017
Lakeland, Florida
RP Funding Center
6:00 pm bell time

Nov. 17, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
Austin Highway Event Center
7:30 pm bell time

Nov. 18, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Gilley’s Dallas

Nov. 19, 2017
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Cox Convention Center
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

So, should be expect random names for the shows or will we see SOTF, GBH and Champs vs All Stars ?
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I'd expect Survival of the fittest to be the two nights in Florida and fuck they could bill the Texas shows as All Star Extravaganza night 1 and 2 and do the OKC show as Glory By Honor and put it on IPPV.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Half-assed attempt to lure Texans away from Wrestle Circus and Survivor Series weekend.
Big Red Machine

WebConn wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:39 am I'd expect Survival of the fittest to be the two nights in Florida and fuck they could bill the Texas shows as All Star Extravaganza night 1 and 2 and do the OKC show as Glory By Honor and put it on IPPV.
I will never understand why they keep trying to run those buildings in Florida. They NEVER draw well there. Even going back to when Gabe was booking, they never drew well in Florida if it wasn't WrestleMania weekend.

As for OKC getting, GBH and it being an iPPV, I'm all for that. I'm shocked it's taken them two and a half years to get back there considering that they drew 850 their first trip, and I remember the building looking pretty snazzy, so it will hopefully play well on iPPV.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Hey a strong enough card they can draw well. Hopefully they get an influx of talent soon and we see a breath of fresh air in the product.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

supersonic wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:34 am Half-assed attempt to lure Texans away from Wrestle Circus and Survivor Series weekend.
One of these is not like the other.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Big Red Machine wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:24 am
WebConn wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:39 am I'd expect Survival of the fittest to be the two nights in Florida and fuck they could bill the Texas shows as All Star Extravaganza night 1 and 2 and do the OKC show as Glory By Honor and put it on IPPV.
I will never understand why they keep trying to run those buildings in Florida. They NEVER draw well there. Even going back to when Gabe was booking, they never drew well in Florida if it wasn't WrestleMania weekend.

As for OKC getting, GBH and it being an iPPV, I'm all for that. I'm shocked it's taken them two and a half years to get back there considering that they drew 850 their first trip, and I remember the building looking pretty snazzy, so it will hopefully play well on iPPV.

Well keep in mind they're running an actual arena instead of the fairgrounds on their first go-round. Which, at least is the case where I'm from, actual arenas are better technologically than fairgrounds, so hey, maybe this will be an iPPV or something.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I actually think that the Texas shows could be Survival Of The Fittest. I'm guessing the show in Lakeland will be a TV Taping of some kind. OKC could be Glory By Honor. Speaking of which, the fact that ROH drew as well as it did in OKC two years ago is still crazy to me.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Isn't ROH easily available in Oklahoma? Even JR knows when and where it airs.
Scottanized

Post by Scottanized »

Any news on Final Battle and NYC?
Big Red Machine

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:56 pm

I actually think that the Texas shows could be Survival Of The Fittest. I'm guessing the show in Lakeland will be a TV Taping of some kind. OKC could be Glory By Honor. Speaking of which, the fact that ROH drew as well as it did in OKC two years ago is still crazy to me.
I'd try to avoid running the same big shows in he same markets from year to year. I think ROH's current schedule is a quite flat, running in the same places at the same times most years. And I say this as someone in the New York market that gets all of the big shows.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:48 pm
DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:56 pm

I'd try to avoid running the same big shows in he same markets from year to year. I think ROH's current schedule is a quite flat, running in the same places at the same times most years. And I say this as someone in the New York market that gets all of the big shows.
So do Survival of the Fittest in Florida. Use some Florida talent for the tournament. it's ROH play on the ROH/FIP history. Use some old FIP guys like Chasyn Rance, Gran Akuma and "Man Scout" Jake Manning. Plus younger up and coming local talent