Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Lynx

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by Lynx »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:55 pm
Montana wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:29 pm Wait a second....

battleSTARR 2020... Why two R's on Battlestarr?? Does this mean David Starr to ROH for the Pure title? He and Marty have some connection??

Or is this just pure coincidence?!?
I'd be surprised. Starr has been vocal against ROH in the past due to Sinclair ownership. But the spelling is interesting.
Maybe Starr is willing to come if they let him cut anti-corporate promos? Either way I haven't see anyone having any ideas about what else STARR might mean if not a reference to David Starr.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Starrcade and Starrcast are way more obvious references than some obscure wrestler who’s known for Not working an ROH match...

Kind of just feels like they needed the NYC show to be special, so they gave it a name?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

As much as I really like Starr the wrestler and would love to see him in ROH, in all honesty I would be very disappointed in him if he did. If you feel that strongly and have expressed outwardly how much you dislike all that is Sinclair and ROH by association you should stick to that, I would feel a lot less of him if he didn’t. What he has injected into the discussion about ROH/Sinclair goes way beyond wrestling and involved principles that should be stuck too.

That said it would be the biggest heel move he could do, even if I can’t see it ever happening.

A question which I can’t remember anything about, are there links to a Terminal 5 in BattleStar Galatica?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

What time have the shows been ending recently? I'd like to go to this show, but I live in Jersey and commute into the city for work, so if I'm going to get home at 1:00 am and have to get up again at 6:30 I'd rather not.
Trevorofhonor24

Post by Trevorofhonor24 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:57 pm What time have the shows been ending recently? I'd like to go to this show, but I live in Jersey and commute into the city for work, so if I'm going to get home at 1:00 am and have to get up again at 6:30 I'd rather not.
most likely the show will end between 10:30-11pm. I can’t see the show ending anytime before then. Hope this helps.
Trevorofhonor24

Post by Trevorofhonor24 »

Just saw the ticket prices for battlestarr in nyc April 23rd and a general admission ticket is 30 dollars plus fees almost 50 dollars Ridiculous. I guarantee impact wrestling for rebellion at terminal 5 also, will be using eventbrite ( which don’t have many fees) number 1, and number 2, it will be half of what a general admission ticket (with fees) costs at this roh show at the same building. A company like roh running a small building should use their own website just saying.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling are joining forces again for the War of the Worlds tour, which consists of four huge, star-studded shows in May.

The War of the Worlds tour, which will feature world class matches with stars from both ROH and NJPW, kicks off on May 6 in Buffalo before heading to Toronto on May 7, Kalamazoo (Mich.) on May 9, and concluding in Chicago on May 10.

Tickets for all four shows go on sale next Wednesday, March 4 at 10 a.m. local time for HonorClub members and Friday, March 6 at 10 a.m. local time for the general public.

A staple since 2014, the War of the Worlds tour features dream matches, title bouts, and first-time matchups you cannot see anywhere else with the stars of ROH and NJPW.

Keep it locked on ROHWrestling.com and ROH’s social media channels for talent and match announcements. Don’t miss your opportunity to see the stars of ROH and NJPW live!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i hope we can see this tour in a good way cant have problems with all the stuff around the world.

so roh and njpw are good...another shittie scoop by some "insiders" here
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:06 am i hope we can see this tour in a good way cant have problems with all the stuff around the world.

This goof thinking this was not some recent change of pace. Lol. These 4 events had zero chance of happening without Marty the peace maker and njpw’s USA tour flopping
Captain Podcast
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:06 am i hope we can see this tour in a good way cant have problems with all the stuff around the world.

Yuup. Good to hear this is happening
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:31 am

This goof thinking this was not some recent change of pace. Lol. These 4 events had zero chance of happening without Marty the peace maker and njpw’s USA tour flopping
goof? so rude !

are you mad or nah?
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:26 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:31 am

goof? so rude !

are you mad or nah?
Mad at you for being a troll, yeah. Annoyed that som mark thinks he knows more than someone talking to one of the guys who worked very hard in difficult circumstances to help make this happen, yeah. I have been very fortunate enough to connect with so many good people in wrestling, that also have put me in the middle because sides politically don't get along. I'm thrilled for ROH but if you act like Kevin Bacon at the end of Animal House you are in fact a goof.
Captain Podcast
jhtrewin

Post by jhtrewin »

I'm interested to see who gets sent over and what matches are booked for the show.

I wonder if ROH has a little more sway more after the poor NJPW USA tours.
Montana

Post by Montana »

To me, NJPW works in the US when it's a special attraction. When they start running random house shows regularly, at a higher price, it makes it less special.

As for War of the Worlds talent, I could see talent similar to Supercard of Honor, OR last years WOTW, with maybe like Jay or Niato as a top talent. With some of Japan's shows cancelled in March, maybe we get lucky and get a Okada/Kota/Tanahashi, etc.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Ring of Honor has something special planned for its most loyal fans for the upcoming ROH/New Japan Pro-Wrestling War of the Worlds tour, so the on-sale date for tickets for the star-studded shows has been pushed back a week.

Tickets for all four War of the Worlds shows go on sale next Wednesday, March 11 at 10 a.m. local time for HonorClub members and Friday, March 13 at 10 a.m. local time for the general public.

The tour, which will feature world class matches with stars from both ROH and NJPW, kicks off on May 6 in Buffalo before heading to Toronto on May 7, Kalamazoo (Mich.) on May 9, and concluding in Chicago on May 10.

Keep it locked on ROHWrestling.com and ROH’s social media channels for details regarding what ROH has planned for its fans.

A staple since 2014, the War of the Worlds tour features dream matches, title bouts, and first-time matchups you cannot see anywhere else with the stars of ROH and NJPW.

Don’t miss your opportunity to see the stars of ROH and NJPW live!

ROH/NJPW PRESENT WAR OF THE WORLDS TOUR 2020

Wednesday, May 6: Buffalo RiverWorks, Buffalo, N.Y., 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 7: Ted Reeve Arena, Toronto, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 9: Wings Event Center, Kalamazoo, Mich., 6 p.m.
Sunday, May 10: The Odeum Expo Center, Villa Park, Ill., 7 p.m.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

ROH Bound By Honor 2020 (2/28/2020)- Nashville, TN

MARTY SCURLL vs. SLEX vs. BANDIDO- 6.75/10
Bandido was introduced as “representing MexiSquad.” So is he not a member of LifeBlood anymore? Wasn’t the idea of LifeBlood that they were all dedicated to this set of ideals about what ROH should be? How can you have someone leave a group like that with no comment? Does Bandido not believe in those ideals anymore? Do LifeBlood think they’ve accomplished their goals already (although I think it’s pretty clear the answer to that should be no)? Have they given up? Can we get some follow-up or explanation or anything? Please?
This was about eight minutes of good three-way stuff. Was it all pretty clearly choreographed? Yes. But as a nice little three-way opener, it was fine. I was absolutely shocked that Slex didn’t eat the pin here with the way he was treated in his debut at the previous show.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- decent
Shane Taylor ‘s buddies the Soldiers of Savagery came through the crowd, and while Slex was busy keeping an eye on them, Shane Taylor came out from the back to attack him. Slex fought back and held his own against Taylor until the Soldiers of Savagery jumped in and laid him out with the Snapshot, then Taylor hit him with a Package Piledriver for good measure. This is the second time Taylor has attacked Slex, so this pushes that feud. It also lets me know that Flex is a babyface, which I wasn’t really sure about before, because he has apparently come to ROH to after Villain Enterprises, who are babyfaces. At least I’m pretty sure that they’re babyfaces because LFI and the NWA Crew seem like they’re supposed to be heels, and Villain Enterprises are feuding with them.

DALTON CASTLE & JOE HENDRY vs. P.J. BLACK & BRIAN JOHNSON vs. LIFEBLOOD (Tracy Williams & Mark Haskins) vs. THE RIGHTEOUS (Vincent & Bateman) (w/Vita Von Star & Chuckles)- 7/10
Eleven minutes of action culminating in a F*CKING GREAT finishing sequence. Dalton and Hendry pick up the big win here, so hopefully they’re bouncing back and going to make this team work. Vincent jumped up onto the apron after the match to spit at Dalton.

NICOLE SAVOY vs. ANGELINA LOVE (w/Mandy Leon)- 6.25/10
Martina came to do guest commentary for this match, which means that commentary is getting muted.
This was an enjoyable eleven minutes of babyface vs. heel stuff. I liked that Mandy was actually trying to be sneaky when she cheated, doing things like squatting down so it would be harder for the referee to see her when she grabbed Savoy’s leg. The story was Mandy’s cheating from the outside and they did just enough of it to not feel like they overdid it while also doing enough of it that it set their finish of Savoy overcoming it up perfectly.

VILLAIN ENTERPRISES (Brody King & Flip Gordon) vs. LA FACCION INGOBERNABLE (Kenny King & Rush) (w/Amy Rose)- 7.5/10
Flip Gordon came out carrying the Dragon Lee mask he used to trick everyone into thinking he was Dragon Lee at the last show. That match seems inevitable now (especially with these two factions feuding) and it should be pretty damn great.
This was a great action-packed match that finally managed to get us a natural-feeling babyface vs. heel dynamic in this feud. It’s just something about the way that Rush and Kenny were cheating that felt so naturally vicious. Flip was a great babyface and the heat segment was very good, and holy crap did Brody King run wild when he got the hot tag. Unfortunately, this great match ended with a frustrating DQ when LFI, who were already in control, just decided to start using weapons right in front of Tod Sinclair. The post-match brawl was well done and intense, but I’m getting really damn tired of these DQs.

ELI ISOM vs. LEON ST. GIOVANNI- 4/10
These guys wrestled a very good five minutes and the crowd really getting behind Isom… so of course Bully Ray had to come out and put a stop to it with our second frustrating DQ in a row.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- Bully Ray droned on for a good five minutes about nothing. He criticized “smart marks,” because apparently he hasn’t realized that it’s not 1999 anymore and no one gives a sh*t when you use that term. I guess we can add him to the list of people who have never learned any of the lessons of WCW and TNA.
He challenged anyone to come out and face him, but no one did, making all of the babyfaces in the locker room look bad. Bully claimed that they didn’t come out because he “had dirt on them.” Yes, really.
Eventually Eli Isom grabbed the mic and cut a fiery promo on Bully, vowing to kick his ass, leading to…

BULLY RAY vs. ELI ISOM- no rating, bad segment
Isom got a move or two in, then Bully beat him. Yes, I know that Isom already wrestled and that Bully had previously beaten him up, but he gained absolutely nothing by being involved here. There was no rub. The fans were already into him, as evidenced by their cheering for him before and booing LSG.
Bully grabbed a chair after the match to hurt Isom some more. Cheeseburger ran out to try to make the save, because someone (probably Bully Ray) thinks we need to see that again. Bully beat Cheeseburger up. What I want to know is where Burger was a few minutes ago when Bully was daring anyone in the back to come out and face him.
Caprice Coleman, the old retired announcer, finally got off his butt and chased Bully off instead of just begging for others to do so, so I guess we’re now going to get more of Bully yelling at and taunting an announcer every time he shows up, just like we got with Cabana. He just does the SAME F*CKING SH*T OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! He’s a f*cking novel idea: Instead of having Caprice save Eli, how about having the popular up-and-comer make the save for the retired announcer?
It’s been almost three years of Bully Ray in ROH now, and I can’t remember hearing one singular, solitary fan or critic who has ever said they have enjoyed anything he has done since coming to this company. I have literally never thought this before about a wrestler, but every time Bully comes out, I find myself wishing he would suffer some sort of terrible injury and be forced to retire. And I feel ashamed of myself for having a thought like that, but that’s how he makes me feel. And I’m not talking about “Bully Ray” the wrestling character. I’m talking about Marc LoMonaco the human being, whose guts I hate for being such a f*cking leech, who has come to this company telling people that he’s looking out for the future of the business, but everything he touches seems to turn to sh*t and he does things to deliberately cut the legs off of guys who he should be putting over, so that even when the feud ends, the guy who beat him feels like he’s worse off than he was before the feud started.

SILAS YOUNG & JOSH WOODS VIDEO PACKAGE- Hey, look! A character piece that explains the relationship between these two men of completely opposite dispositions. I thought Woods was a little too over the top goofy at times, but otherwise this was great.

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham(c) vs. Silas Young & Josh Woods- 7.75/10
Lethal charged down to the ring as Silas was getting into the ring and nailed him in the leg with the belt, leading to a brawl on the outside. When things eventually got to the ring they continued the story of Silas’ knee getting worked over… so, yes, they really did have Silas Young as the babyface in peril. And it phenomenally! Silas sold very well, they had some great nearfalls, and stuck to telling their story. They also had those little spots that you don’t see with anyone else which are the reason I love Jonathan Gresham so much. Silas & Woods were given the visual pinfall to keep them strong as challengers even as they took their first loss here, with the story of the injured knee playing into the finish, making Silas unable to extricate himself from his own small package after Lethal rolled it over so that Gresham was now on top.

ALEX SHELLEY vs. REY HORUS- 6.75/10
On commentary, Ian told us that he was given word that LFI and Villain Enterprises were brawling in the back again, and so both have been ejected from the building. Ian and Caprice say they hope this means we can have a nice main event with no interference. If we don’t get an interference-free main event, I’m going to be really f*cking annoyed.
A solid technical match, but it never quite got out of second year. This was also yet another match in the eleven-to-thirteen-minute range, which is making the show feel a little flat. Riccaboni did a great job of making sure the loser got over as well.

DAN MAFF & JEFF COBB vs. THE BRISCOES- 8/10
So Cobb has Jay Briscoe in a headlock but Jay fights to his knees and starts throwing punches to the stomach… and the director cuts away to show us the announcers just standing there! This should be a firing offense! Yes, Cary Silken was there, but we knew that already because he had been on commentary for several minutes.
These four had the awesome brawl you’d expect them to have. That being said, I’m still not sold on Maff. He’s not bad, but he’s not that great, either, and there are a lot of guys on the indies who fit that bill but are much younger than Maff and thus will have time to get great, whereas I doubt Maff will get any better at age 46.
Jay Briscoe pinned Jeff Cobb here. I don’t like beating Cobb & Maff right after they have beaten the tag champs, but the Briscoes are the Briscoes, and I think that Cobb’s AEW appearance has spooked them enough that they figure it’s time to start having him put people over after ROH has spent the past eighteen months letting him run roughshod over almost everyone.

ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH: PCO(c) vs. Dragon Lee- 8/10
Nick Aldis provided guest commentary for this match. He did a good job of being a heel without being overly antagonistic, and built up his upcoming matches with PCO and Marty Scurll.
The match itself exceeded my expectations. They did a great job telling the power vs. speed story, with a bit of the PCO stuff thrown in. That being said, this certainly has not changed my opinion on PCO as champion. I don’t like it because of the age, I don’t like it because of the gimmickry, and I don’t have confidence that he can go out there and deliver an ROH World Title-level match against the majority of the roster because of the limitations of both his gimmick and his ability. But after this match I am at least willing to say that if he does this every time out for the next few months, I will gladly admit that I was wrong.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- fine
Nick Aldis and PCO had a stare-down to build up their match at Supercard of Honor XIII.

This was a great show from ROH. Aside from the Bully Ray stuff everything was good or better, the card built well, and the top, matches definitely delivered. I found some of the booking a little annoying, but it actually feels like there are a lot of things going on now, and things with actual ideas behind them, as opposed to LifeBlood and Villain Enterprises feuding for months on end without the story actually moving forward. If I have one complaint (other than Bully Ray’s continued presence, of course), it’s not giving the undercard matches enough time. Cut some of them down to nine minutes and lengthen others to fifteen. This was a show where the vast majority of the first three quarters of the card was in the 10-13 minute range, which is enough time to have a decent to good match, but not enough time to let the up-and-comers build up reputations as guys who consistently put on the type of match that you feel like they’re ready to be moved up the card, so that when you’re actually ready to move them up, the fans are clamoring for it as opposed to being ambivalent like has often happened in ROH over the past few years.

ROH Gateway to Honor 2020 (2/29/2020)- St. Charles, MO

THE BRISCOES & SLEX vs. VILLAIN ENTERPRISES (Marty Scurll, Flip Gordon, & Brody King)- 7/10
A great, all-action opener. Slex actually got to look impressive tonight, but he was pinned yet again, which makes me wonder why ROH would want to sign this consistent loser in the first place.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- meh
Shane Taylor and his buddies attacked Slex again but Slex was able to fight Taylor off this time. While that is at least something new happening in this feud, this is the second time this weekend that Taylor and his pals have attacked Slex. Doing it at Free Enterprise to announce his signing was one thing, but why is Taylor attacking Slex on every show now as opposed to, you know, wrestling a wrestling match? Isn’t the storyline that ROH just signed him? You’d think that if they’re paying him all of this money, they’d want to have him actually do the thing they’re paying him to do, right?

ALEX SHELLEY vs. DAN MAFF- 5.75/10
Maff is large. That’s pretty much all there was to this. Shelley tried his best but couldn’t do much with him in the time allowed.

FOOTAGE OF P.J. BLACK AND BRIAN JOHNSON TRAINING- excellent!
Not only did we actually get to see Black being a mentor to Johnson, but the choice to work on developing “a finishing move” was genius because now we know what Johnson’s finisher is before we see him use it in a match. I also loved the fact that they focused on Johnson getting into the hold and not having the other kid they had training with them slip free, as this was a way to show us him working on the finisher without someone having to take this kayfabe devastating hold over and over again (which would basically be abusing this poor trainee). They also showed us Gabriel training Johnson to take deep breaths and stay calm, and Johnson actually going along with it. By the end of this video package, Johnson actually came off as likable, with his excitement being endearing instead of being the unlikable abrasive heel goof he had previously been. THIS is exactly what I have been asking for every time ROH tells us that one person is mentoring someone else.

SILAS YOUNG & JOSH WOODS vs. THE RIGHTEOUS (Vincent & Bateman) (w/Vita Von Star & Chuckles)- 6/10
Just like last night, the heels jumped Silas & Woods from behind, once again going after Silas’ injured knee. As you’d expect, the story was once again Silas’ injured knee, and once again was told well.
The finish saw Brian Johnson come out and cut a promo on Woods and Silas, making fun of the for losing last night. Unlike previously, though, Johnson is now proud of being P.J. Black’s protégé and partner. This distracted Woods, allowing Vincent to hit his finisher on Silas and Woods not being able to get back to break the pin up in time. So Johnson’s journey to babyface-hood is going to be longer than I thought. That’s fine. But what we need to see now is Black telling Johnson off. But, for the first time in quite a while with ROH, I’m actually confident that they will follow up on this sort of thing properly.

“SESSION MOTH” MARTINA vs. ANGELINA LOVE (w/Mandy Leon)- 2.75/10
The Bouncers came out to do commentary for this match. In addition to not respecting other people’s personal space, Martina also doesn’t respect other people’s stuff, because Brian Milonas told us that she stole beer from him. If that right there isn’t evidence that Martina has a drinking problem, I don’t know what is. Milonas also seems to have a thing for Martina. It will be a dark day for the human race if those two are allowed to breed.
Martina tried to offer Angelina a drink of her peer. Angelina declined, and the fans booed her. Don’t listen to them, Angelina! Resist the peer pressure and just be yourself! Martina then offered the beer to the referee, then began dancing with him and grinding on him. Angelina jumped her, finally starting off this professional wrestling match.
Mandy was caught interfering red handed by wasn’t even ejected from ringside, never mind having her change DQed. Mandy was eventually ejected for distracting the referee, but in doing so she caused him to miss a pin that Martina had on Angelina. Despite having the advantage, Martina tried to cheat by spitting her alcohol in Angelina’s eye. Angelina ducked it and hit the Botox Injection for the win. At least there weren’t anywhere near as many of Martina’s antics in this match.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- good at what it meant to do, but I still hated it
The Bouncers went to tend to Martina. She apparently likes Beer City Bruiser and not Milonas, as he was the one she jumped on. Bruiser repeated screamed “GET OFF ME! GET OFF ME!” at the top of his lungs, but even when Martina did eventually get off of him she didn’t seem to get the message, as she began to jump around excitedly and yell “He likes me! He really likes me!”
Martina gave Milonas a mere handshake and went to keep hanging off of BCB. Well… on the bright side, I don’t think even BCB can get drunk enough to sleep with Martina, and Martina clearly doesn’t want to sleep with Milonas, so humanity will be saved because those two won’t be polluting our gene pool with their stupidity anymore.
Look… I can’t dispute that this effectively put the pieces of a love triangle in place, but I so despise Martina and find Milonas to be mostly worthless and honestly don’t see too much utility in BCB either, so getting a sign that we’ll be seeing all of them more often is just not something I want to see.

TRACY WILLIAMS vs. JEFF COBB vs. DALTON CASTLE (w/Joe Hendry & the Boys) vs. KENNY KING (w/Amy Rose)- 6.5/10
Dalton has his Boys back. This was fine choreographed multi-man stuff.

BULLY RAY PROMO- snore
He comes out and does his usual cheap heat crap for a while. He makes an open challenge for a match tonight in which fi he loses he’ll leave ROH forever. Once again, no one comes out, and Bully once again claims it’s because he “has dirt on” all of them. Who approved this storyline? Who thought it was a good idea to say that every single wrestler in the company has done something bad enough at some point in their lives that Bully Ray can use it to blackmail them?
Eventually Caprice Coleman steps up from the commentary table and we get…

IF BULLY RAY LOSES HE MUST LEAVE ROH FOREVER: Bully Ray vs. Caprice Coleman- DUD!
Bully takes on spear and some punches at the beginning, then dominates Caprice and wins in a few minutes.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- bad
Cheeseburger came out but Bully beat him up. Eli Isom came out and beat Bully up with a chair, then went for a table but Bully recovered, hit a low blow, and powerbombed him through it. Bully demanded that the referee raise his hand. The referee did so, but then Bully insulted him and pushed him. There. He attacked a referee. Can we use that as a kayfabe excuse to fire him and never have to deal with him again? PLEASE?! This did nothing but waste fifteen minutes that should have gone to the three big matches on this show, but because we did this instead, those three matches (including entrances), have to be squeezed into less than an hour.

ROH TV TITLE MATCH: Dragon Lee(c) vs. Dak Draper- 6.75/10
Brian Zane replaced Caprice Coleman on commentary. The match was very good and showed that Draper has potential, but it sure would have been nice if they had been given more than ten minutes so that Draper didn’t look like he had won a paper tournament and couldn’t even last ten minutes the moment he got some real competition. Yeah. Bully Ray squashing Caprice Coleman, beating up Shinobi Shadow Squad, and cutting cheap heat promos was definitely a better use of time than that.

PROVING GROUND MATCH: ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham vs. MexiSquad (Rey Horus & Bandido)- 6.5/10
Rhett Titus joined Ian and Zane on commentary for this match. Lethal & Gresham jumped the bell on their opponents. Bandido’s knee got worked over a lot on the outside, but when he got tagged in, he mostly didn’t sell it (and especially not when he needed to run around and do his moves). That shortcoming pulled down an otherwise very good match.

ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH: PCO(c) vs. Rush vs. Mark Haskins- 6.75/10
They did some very good three-way stuff, but this was a main event world title match that went ten minutes and resulted in a world title change due to interference by Nick Aldis. Am I frustrated? Yes. But in this case I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They’ve clearly noticed that PCO as champion was turning people off, so they’ve corrected course by going back to Rush, and they did so in a way that builds up for PCO vs. Aldis at Supercard of Honor XIII, and getting the belt off of PCO allows you to pay off PCO beating TV Champion Rush last night by giving Dragon Lee his win back in a TV Title defense. That doesn’t excuse the criminally short time that this match got, but at it’s something to give me some optimism.
This match also had a stipulation that whoever didn’t take the pin would challenger the winner for the title at the 18th Anniversary Show. This stipulation had me thinking we’d wind up with a rematch from Final Battle (the Anniversary Show, like Final Battle, is scheduled for a Friday the 13th, and I figured that they’d have Rush win this time as the beginning of phasing PCO down a bit), but now we’re getting Rush vs. Haskins, which should hopefully be an awesome match at the very least.

This was not a good show from ROH in terms of in-ring action. Even bad, by ROH standards. I've definitely called shows with a similar level of in-ring action "bottom of the barrel." There wasn’t much bad on this show, but there wasn’t much to write home about, either. It’s one of those shows that you’d watch once and never feel the need to watch again. That being said, in terms of the ideas that were on display in this show, I found myself liking a lot of what I saw. This show wasn’t very good, but it does have me hopeful that the new booker is taking things in the right direction.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Montana

Post by Montana »

I bet that show is going to be amazing.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I got to see The Briscoes vs. Rush/Dragon Lee last year in Philly. It was an awesome match on a mostly dead tv taping. If they get even close to what they did in Philly then the NY crowd will love it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »