Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TowerOfDoom

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by TowerOfDoom »

Soaring eagle cup AND survival of the fittest? Seems a bit much to be honest, they're both tournament themed shows and are less than a month apart..
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:14 pm Awesome, they are trying to make there Bola which they have should have been doing for ages, 3 days tournament will I hope mean more and new talent brought in for the 3 nights.
I like SOTF when it was only one night. It makes it much more easy to monetize through something like iPPV, and it lets you cut down costs by booking fewer talent if you're just doing a twelve man tournament and half of those guys have to wrestle twice.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Updated the schedule in the original post.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Philly tapings are the last one before FB?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:22 am
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:14 pm Awesome, they are trying to make there Bola which they have should have been doing for ages, 3 days tournament will I hope mean more and new talent brought in for the 3 nights.
I like SOTF when it was only one night. It makes it much more easy to monetize through something like iPPV, and it lets you cut down costs by booking fewer talent if you're just doing a twelve man tournament and half of those guys have to wrestle twice.
I can see what you mean, to some extent I agree but I have always liked that multinight tournament, plus I think with it being SOTF it makes each night mean something on the tour. It also gives ROH the chance to bring in others from around the world and maybe have a surprise winner from outside ROH that will give us a fresh match up for the title.

If the streaming service ROH provided for the Global Wars tour continues with it's quality and ease of access and they make each of the SOTF nights IPPV's then ROH will have no probablem getting a good return from each night.
Big Red Machine

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:37 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:22 am
I can see what you mean, to some extent I agree but I have always liked that multinight tournament, plus I think with it being SOTF it makes each night mean something on the tour. It also gives ROH the chance to bring in others from around the world and maybe have a surprise winner from outside ROH that will give us a fresh match up for the title.

If the streaming service ROH provided for the Global Wars tour continues with it's quality and ease of access and they make each of the SOTF nights IPPV's then ROH will have no probablem getting a good return from each night.
While in theory it makes each night of the tour mean more, I think that not having SOTF as just one night probably results in people just skipping night one (although that could easily be mitigated by doing what they used to do and run sales more frequently and not have outrageously high shipping costs), and it's possible that people would just skip night one, even as an iPPV(though a strong main event like a well-built title match could help solve that problem). Also, Delirious' booking combined with the inherent issue of a multi-night tournament that you can't announce matches for the second night almost always leads to a second night where the only match that matters is SOTF, and I feel unhappy as a consumer having paid for two shows to receive what is essentially just one show's worth of value.

Of course, Delirious could also just book just one show that weekend.

I don't have an objection to multi-night tournaments. I just don't see a reason to mess with the SOTF formula that has worked so well over the years. If you want to book a multi-night tournament, why not bring back the Race to the Top? You could even book it during the G1 and use it as a chance to really give new talent the spotlight while Bullet Club, Ospreay, War Machine, etc. are off in New Japan.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:54 am The Philly tapings are the last one before FB?
No, there is one in Florida too.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:53 pm
AlexROH wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:54 am The Philly tapings are the last one before FB?
No, there is one in Florida too.
I thought so, but now It isn't listed on the website.
The Dragon Saga

That must be an error. They need one more taping to roll over into the weekends TV after Final Battle at least, unless they film five episodes in Philly and do a couple of highlight shows but I don't see that happening.
Big Red Machine

The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:56 pm That must be an error. They need one more taping to roll over into the weekends TV after Final Battle at least, unless they film five episodes in Philly and do a couple of highlight shows but I don't see that happening.
Maybe they'll tape something like SOTF or the Soaring Eagle Cup and stretch it into a few weeks of TV. It would make a lot of sense if one of these tournaments is going to give us our #1 contender for Final Battle.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

It's interesting to see how all the members of the Bullet Club are now promoting the SOTF shows as "Bullet Club Invades San Antonio". I think this is a great strategy to sell tickets in markets that not always work great. ROH is doing well using the BC as a main attraction. They are the only company in the US that can offer the BC live. Plus, NXT is having a show on Nov. 17th with Cole challenging for the NXT Title with SHAWN MICHAELS as the special guest referee.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

bullet club not backing down on wwe...for real

GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Any idea why ROH hasn't run Baltimore this year?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

They did once in April, but I see what you mean. Only one show this year.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:06 am Any idea why ROH hasn't run Baltimore this year?
Maybe they're looking for a new venue, because the one they use now in Baltimore is TERRIBLE.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Looks like Fort Lauderdale's name is 'Elite' and the Lakeland show is back on as a TV taping.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the elite, the the elite♪
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 am the elite, the the elite♪
I thought it was "Be Elite. Be the Elite."
The Dragon Saga

The graphics BC are putting out seem to be made by ROH in-order to promote the event as their doing similar graphics to promote other shows on their social media accounts. I honestly like them and think they look a bit different.

In any event, it comes across a bit more aggressive than anything. If ROH can sell out that San Antonio show, while the crowd is of course smaller than the NXT one, it will still be a good showing from them, and with the momentum ROH is garnering as a business and brand, I don't doubt they'll do it.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Lakeland TV taping is "Sunshine State Excellence"